Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Fujifilm X-T4  (Read 5217 times)

armand

• Photos
Fujifilm X-T4
« on: February 17, 2020, 11:59:50 pm »

Soon to be announced, most essential specs are rumored and likely true.

Disappointed with the flipping screen, would have much preferred the X-T2/3 version which is friendlier towards stills. The flippy screen I guess it’s better for video which seems to be a new found love for Fuji.

Sensor is likely the same so similar stills quality. Expect better video.

Autofocus is a big question mark, I suspect we won’t know for sure until it’s out for a while.

IBIS - how effective it is will be the question mark. People are hoping for an X-H1 level despite the smaller body.

Few usability questions, likely improved overall speed thanks to the newer processors.

Larger battery - I asked for a bigger battery for years and I thought that X-H1 was the perfect opportunity. Here I almost wish they didn’t but with IBIS they probably had no choice.

rdonson

Re: Fujifilm X-T4
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 04:07:02 pm »

This close to announce Fuji Rumors is usually spot on with the specs.   https://www.fujirumors.com/

I think the flippy screen is a nod to vloggers.  Nope, I don’t VLOG or take selfies.

Unless things change at the announcement I’m quite likely to go X-T4 and battery grip.  The pain will be waiting for a good L bracket from the likes of RRS or similar. 
Regards,
Ron

Rand47

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 06:22:24 pm »

It makes me wonder what the designers at Fuji have been smoking.  I don't think the flippy-screen is a nod to vlogers, I think it is pandering to idiot reviewers who pan the current LCD articulation scheme, not realizing how ideal it is for actual "photographers."  With the idiotic LCD of the Pro 3, and now this kluge of an implementation for the T-4's LCD, I'm PRAYING that if an X-H2 appears on the scene, clearer minds will prevail.

Makes my decision to pre-order the little X-100V even more "sure."  And, it makes my X-H1 even more dear to the way I work.  I should have grabbed a spare when they were available cheap.

Rand

Rand Scott Adams

armand

• Photos
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 10:35:18 pm »

Yes, that screen choice gives me pause, the current X-T2 is the best that I’ve tried so far. I have a Oly E-M5ii with a similar screen and it’s usable but more cumbersome and slower to use for most shots. This gives me reason not to upgrade yet, the IBIS is the main temptation here (for those nice primes when the dusk starts)..

rdonson

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2020, 10:42:42 pm »

Rand,

I think the important thing that you allude to is that there are and should be a wide range of cameras to meet everyone’s needs or desires. The manufacturers have to make their choices about what they think will sell enough to recoup their
investment.  Is there a perfect camera that meets everyone’s needs/desire?  Unlikely.

I’m looking forward to the X-T4 regardless of a flippy screen.  I’m hoping when it’s announced it will be a worthwhile update to my X-T2.
Regards,
Ron

JaapD

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 12:39:16 am »

I don’t get this flippy screen issue. I don’t use the flippy functionality myself but it doesn’t sit in the way. Same as the rest of the audio and video functionality. For me this all is a don’t care.

In the end this generic approach benefits all of us. Fuji will be able to sell this camera to a large customer base, manufacture it in huge quantities which will keep prices reasonably low.

Regards,
Jaap.

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2020, 04:28:05 am »

Given that the XT3 was a big move from Fuji towards video, it should not be a surprise to have a video oriented LCD on the XT4.

armand

• Photos
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2020, 07:51:01 am »

Given that the XT3 was a big move from Fuji towards video, it should not be a surprise to have a video oriented LCD on the XT4.

They had the X-H line for a video oriented body

Rob C

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2020, 08:48:47 am »

Goodness, Fuji must have been making some really lemmon-flavoured cameras up until now if everyone is so, so desperate to get another new one hoping it will be better!

;-)

armand

• Photos
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2020, 11:14:22 pm »

Goodness, Fuji must have been making some really lemmon-flavoured cameras up until now if everyone is so, so desperate to get another new one hoping it will be better!

;-)

That's not it. We want new toys and Fuji doesn't make it easy for us to justify this.

Personally I'm quite happy with my X-T2 but I'm always looking for better. The other problems is that it's a tough world out there and if Fuji doesn't release compelling products they might not be on this market for that much longer, which means no more new cameras/lenses if our current will break and will need to be replaced.

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2020, 04:24:02 am »

They had the X-H line for a video oriented body

Except that the XT3 had better video specs.

Rob C

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2020, 02:05:43 pm »

That's not it. We want new toys and Fuji doesn't make it easy for us to justify this.

Personally I'm quite happy with my X-T2 but I'm always looking for better. The other problems is that it's a tough world out there and if Fuji doesn't release compelling products they might not be on this market for that much longer, which means no more new cameras/lenses if our current will break and will need to be replaced.

Don't panic: there will always be Leica. Leica allows takes great pictures better than any other camera except a Nikon.

:-)

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2020, 04:34:44 pm »

Don't panic: there will always be Leica. Leica allows takes great pictures better than any other camera except a Nikon.

For now.   However, the future beckons.

BAB

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2020, 04:05:05 pm »

I know the battery is the best improvement second is the IBIS and then the fact the camera is a bit larger for those reasons I in to buy a few bodies.
Wish it had a better low light sensor but the existing one will do for most images.

PS Rob I think the blur filter got you but it can be cured with dedication.
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kic

Rob C

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2020, 06:55:48 am »

I know the battery is the best improvement second is the IBIS and then the fact the camera is a bit larger for those reasons I in to buy a few bodies.
Wish it had a better low light sensor but the existing one will do for most images.

PS Rob I think the blur filter got you but it can be cured with dedication.

armand

• Photos
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2020, 10:04:03 am »

Except that the XT3 had better video specs.

That was by Fujifilm's fault, poor planning. Not to mention that they should have introduced the larger battery with the X-H1, that was the perfect opportunity.

I saw somehow similar poor product differentiation with Olympus and their E-M1 and E-M5 lines.

JaapD

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2020, 02:22:12 am »

Most of the time a fairy tale like this ends with “and they lived happily ever after”.  ;)

Regards,
Jaap.

Rob C

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2020, 03:44:32 am »

Most of the time a fairy tale like this ends with “and they lived happily ever after”.  ;)

Regards,
Jaap.

Then you would have to define what constitutes a fairy tale, thus being obliged to go off topic and risk upsetting the patients in the GAS ward again... not worth the risk to their health to do that.

;-)

JaapD

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2020, 06:13:40 am »

Fully agree on this one Rob!

Regards,
Jaap.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2020, 12:17:35 pm »

Got to play with one this morning and really liked the body size/weight (not much more than an X-T2), the rear LCD, and the buffer. I am not sure how many frames it holds, but I kept the shutter going at 15 fps for maybe 10 seconds with raw+jpeg - made me go "ooh". Also, you can charge batteries without removing them, the power lead attaching to the body and charging batteries in the grip as well as the body. The grip is much bigger and makes the whole unit feel quite tall which was OK, just. he IBIS was hard to gauge and I didn't notice a lot of difference when I switched it off. Quite tempting, though I am more immediately attracted to the 35mm f1.4!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up