Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Pro-2000 Problems  (Read 432 times)

JudyKonopka

Canon Pro-2000 Problems
« on: February 09, 2020, 02:23:20 pm »

Hi,

I a error and ended up with a new printhead. After a month, I started experiencing problems.  When I called Canon, and explained what was happening, they sent me a new printhead. Now, the same thing is happening - I'm hoping someone can suggest something before I call in a technician.

I hear a "whoosh" when I first send a print.  It sounds lik the suction isn't really working or paper on paper (I'm not suggesting it is the suction, just trying to explain the sound), or paper is sliding.  Then, as the printhead goes back and forth, I hear: oooooOOOOO, oooooOOO, oooooooOOO - like it's almost, but not quite, grinding at the end - just getting a little louder. Sometimes the printhead tempo isn't right either.  So far, the prints are coming out fine though.  Has anyone experienced anything like this?

I realize it's difficult to diagnose based on a post, but maybe there's someone out there that has gone through the same thing and either knows what it is or how to fix it. Thanks!

deanwork

Re: Canon Pro-2000 Problems
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 04:41:10 pm »

Take a bright light and look back in the carriage area to see if any paper is stuck back there or anything is loose or  some cable is loose.

Hi,

I a error and ended up with a new printhead. After a month, I started experiencing problems.  When I called Canon, and explained what was happening, they sent me a new printhead. Now, the same thing is happening - I'm hoping someone can suggest something before I call in a technician.

I hear a "whoosh" when I first send a print.  It sounds lik the suction isn't really working or paper on paper (I'm not suggesting it is the suction, just trying to explain the sound), or paper is sliding.  Then, as the printhead goes back and forth, I hear: oooooOOOOO, oooooOOO, oooooooOOO - like it's almost, but not quite, grinding at the end - just getting a little louder. Sometimes the printhead tempo isn't right either.  So far, the prints are coming out fine though.  Has anyone experienced anything like this?

I realize it's difficult to diagnose based on a post, but maybe there's someone out there that has gone through the same thing and either knows what it is or how to fix it. Thanks!

David Budd

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 08:13:11 pm »

I had the suction/purge pump replaced last week on my 18 month old Canon Pro-2000 which was making a"grinding" sound on start up

Last month I posted my experience regarding this which maybe helpful to you in diagnosing the issue.

There is a link in the topic to a recording of the noise

https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=133486.0

-David

mearussi

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 04:50:08 am »

I assume you're already tried adjusting the head height to maximum?
Pages: [1]   Go Up