Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33   Go Down

Author Topic: Democrat Nomination for President  (Read 24251 times)

JoeKitchen

Re: Democrat Nomination for President
« Reply #460 on: February 15, 2020, 07:47:17 pm »

You know you are in trouble when you have to explain your own jokes.

Maybe so. 

Thanks Craig for pointing out the key word there. 
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 07:53:41 pm by JoeKitchen »
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #461 on: February 16, 2020, 08:06:41 am »

Another crushing blow to Biden's candidacy:

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #462 on: February 16, 2020, 10:28:36 am »

Didn't know Joe played the banjo.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #463 on: February 16, 2020, 11:30:57 am »

Isn't it ironic that the Democrats who scowl at people who have too much money and use it for political influence now have the chief purchaser in their own midst representing them.  Of course, I'm talking after Bloomberg.  Steyer is a cheapskate compared to him although another Democrat billionaire trying to buy his way too. 

Bloomberg is spending his way to the top
https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/16/politics/michael-bloomberg-analysis/index.html

And let's not leave out the promises for the government to give give give.  To everyone.

Bloomberg unveils plans for Americans’ Social Security, retirement savings
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/16/bloomberg-lays-out-plans-for-social-security-retirement-savings.html

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #464 on: February 16, 2020, 04:36:10 pm »

You can't make this stuff up.

"NYC subway thief thanks Democrats after his 139th arrest, release: 'Bail reform, it’s lit!'"

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-bail-reform-law-nyc-subway-thief-thanks-democrats-139th-arrest

A New York City man who’s now been arrested 139 times thanked Democrats for guaranteeing his immediate release despite repeatedly swiping hundreds of dollars from unsuspecting subway commuters since the state’s new bail reform law went into effect Jan. 1.

Charles Barry, 56, has been arrested six times since the start of this year. He’s been released each time without having to post bail under New York’s new bail reform law since his alleged offenses were nonviolent, the New York Daily News reported. In the past, Barry’s served several stints in state prison and has a lengthy record, including six felonies, 87 misdemeanors and 21 missed court hearings, the newspaper reported, citing court records.

Rob C

« Reply #465 on: February 16, 2020, 04:51:28 pm »

You can't make this stuff up.

"NYC subway thief thanks Democrats after his 139th arrest, release: 'Bail reform, it’s lit!'"

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-bail-reform-law-nyc-subway-thief-thanks-democrats-139th-arrest

I mentioned the other day that reading my newspaper (Spanish, with a bias towards the local stuff) informs me that almost all the cases recently reported upon have ended with prison sentences - all suspended for a year or two, depending on future conduct.

I have concluded that as in Britain, it isn't "political" kindnesses, but really all about a very stretched prison service... they don't have the vacancies and neither the money to build bigger and better. 

You'd be surprised how often, when discussing such topics, somebody leans towards me and whispers: "never happened in Franco's time, we could go out without locking our houses".

Publicly and loudly, nobody likes to let on that they actually felt safer the way it was, rather than today, with all the junkies robbing just to feed their habit. Political correctness takes many forms and tuns people into hypocrits. Not that they'd admit it, naturally.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #466 on: February 16, 2020, 07:56:12 pm »

This is something Bloomberg can't buy.

President Donald Trump flies over Daytona Race Track in Air Force 1 than leads field on a pace lap after giving command ahead of Daytona 500
https://sports.yahoo.com/president-donald-trump-gives-command-for-drivers-to-start-their-engines-at-daytona-500-200743873.html

faberryman

« Reply #467 on: February 16, 2020, 09:26:38 pm »

This is something Bloomberg can't buy.

President Donald Trump flies over Daytona Race Track in Air Force 1 than leads field on a pace lap after giving command ahead of Daytona 500
https://sports.yahoo.com/president-donald-trump-gives-command-for-drivers-to-start-their-engines-at-daytona-500-200743873.html
Your tax dollars at work.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #468 on: February 16, 2020, 09:32:08 pm »

Found out today that Bloomberg shut down his investigative media team in China after the Chinese government told him in no uncertain terms that it would cost him if he did not.  When given the opportunity to maintain moral and journalistic ethics, he decided instead to kowtow to China to increase his wealth, just like the NBA. 

This is not going to play very well now that the entire country pretty much is on the same side of the isle as Trump is on China. 

JoeKitchen

« Reply #469 on: February 16, 2020, 10:13:20 pm »

Another crushing blow to Biden's candidacy:

Got to love this Dennis Miller quote, "The Dems have to realize he shouldn't become president because he might be the first president ever to assonate a member of his constituency." 

Is it just me or is Joe Biden getting crazier out there? 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #470 on: February 16, 2020, 11:26:25 pm »

Found out today that Bloomberg shut down his investigative media team in China after the Chinese government told him in no uncertain terms that it would cost him if he did not.  When given the opportunity to maintain moral and journalistic ethics, he decided instead to kowtow to China to increase his wealth, just like the NBA. 

This is not going to play very well now that the entire country pretty much is on the same side of the isle as Trump is on China. 
Sure, Trump ads will show how the president went after the Chinese for stealing our stuff, hurting them with tariffs, while Bloomberg blinked.  What kind of president do you want defending the country? 

The irony is that after the Democrats accused Trump of emoluments and doing what the Russians and others want because of his foreign hotels and other foreign ventures, Trump can turn it around and accuse the Democrat of the same thing, only worse.    What goes around comes around. 

Rob C

« Reply #471 on: February 17, 2020, 03:52:56 am »

Isn't life a funny thing!

There I was, suggesting a way forward to redistribute wealth by leaving the very rich holding onto a maximum of fifty million fish in personal cash or goodies, their invested interests something quite apart - a place most folks I know would find themselves very comfortable being able to inhabit - and was roundly condemmed for my supposedly red-under-the-bed thinking mechanism!

Now, my interference and presumptuousness is turned on its head because it has become legitimate to criticise China for wanting others to mind their own business. And worst of all, somebody else, an American, may be about to make more squillions for minding his own business! Oh sweet irony, will your audience see you or are you dancing in vain?

;-)

Rob C

« Reply #472 on: February 17, 2020, 04:09:23 am »

Your tax dollars at work.

And cruising along the track, for a moment, he felt the power surge of the man in a black Cadillac: he could almost have been as famous as Frank Sinatra!

Twenty laps later rain stopped play and the dream had already gone somewhere else. Bloody climate change.

;-)

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #473 on: February 17, 2020, 04:58:29 am »

Bloomberg is spending millions of his own money on the election, thus redistributing his personal wealth to fellow Americans. Better than buying a yacht.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #474 on: February 17, 2020, 07:31:06 am »

I think Bloomberg is running against himself more then Trump is, who could have thought. 

"I could teach anybody, even people in this room, no offense intended, to be a farmer," Bloomberg said. "It's a process. You dig a hole, you put a seed in, you put dirt on top, add water, up comes the corn. You could learn that."

I was listening to a podcast recently talking about Bloomberg's stop and frisk video, and the guy made an interesting point.  Bloomberg was not being racist in that video, he was just being himself, talking down to people.  It does not matter your race, gender, income level, he just talks down to you. 
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 09:15:22 am by JoeKitchen »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #475 on: February 17, 2020, 08:44:08 am »

Isn't life a funny thing!

There I was, suggesting a way forward to redistribute wealth by leaving the very rich holding onto a maximum of fifty million fish in personal cash or goodies, their invested interests something quite apart - a place most folks I know would find themselves very comfortable being able to inhabit - and was roundly condemmed for my supposedly red-under-the-bed thinking mechanism!

Now, my interference and presumptuousness is turned on its head because it has become legitimate to criticise China for wanting others to mind their own business. And worst of all, somebody else, an American, may be about to make more squillions for minding his own business! Oh sweet irony, will your audience see you or are you dancing in vain?

;-)
Just as Trump is criticized for what he did in business once he got into politics, so Bloomberg is open to criticism about his business practices now that he's running for office. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #476 on: February 17, 2020, 08:47:05 am »

Bloomberg is spending millions of his own money on the election, thus redistributing his personal wealth to fellow Americans. Better than buying a yacht.
The media loves Bloomberg and Trump for how rich these guys are making them.  Not only from their ads, but from the constant buzz that brings in readers and watchers and raises ad revenues.  Trump isn't a yacht kind of guy. He doesn;t like to build anything that has to float. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #477 on: February 17, 2020, 08:53:46 am »

I think Bloomberg is running against himself more then Trump is, who could have thought. 

"I could teach anybody, even people in this room, no offense intended, to be a farmer," Bloomberg said. "It's a process. You dig a hole, you put a seed in, you put dirt on top, add water, up comes the corn. You could learn that."

I was listening to a podcast recently talking about Bloomberg's stop and frisk video, and the guy made an interesting point.  Bloomberg was not being racist in that video, he was just being himself, talking done to people.  It does not matter your race, gender, income level, he just talks down to you. 
Nanny Bloomberg.  When he was NYC mayor, he imposed a regulation that stopped soda cups larger than 16 ounces.  He was concerned that people were eating too much sugar.  He was sued and lost in court.  It's his was or the highway.  In his soul he's a dictator, but a nice one who only wants good for you according to what he thinks is the right thing. 

Rob C

« Reply #478 on: February 17, 2020, 10:47:41 am »

I agree, but could have found a better way of off-loading some of that. I had better polish my begging bowl and rework my spiel before pitching to him!

;-)

faberryman

« Reply #479 on: February 17, 2020, 10:52:38 am »

Trump isn't a yacht kind of guy.
He had to sell his yacht during one of his bankruptcies.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33   Go Up