Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem printing a 17x13 print on Epson P800  (Read 1627 times)

mhaffey

Re: Problem printing a 17x13 print on Epson P800
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2020, 10:22:15 pm »

Can you  provide a screen grab of your settings like I did?

What Driver Version are you running on your P800?
Here is the screen shot.  I don't know how to determine the driver version I am using.  It is the latest version as when I go to update it says there isn't any version to update to.
Mark

mhaffey

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2020, 10:23:46 pm »

Also a screen grab of the top half of the Lightroom Print page. That is where the important data is.
Here it is.  It would be great if you could find something I have set incorrectly to resolve this issue.  Thanks for your assistance.
Mark

mhaffey

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2020, 09:56:47 am »

Not really limited to the paper size that Epson sells.  I routinely print 17x25" and 13x18"
When you print on 17x25 is that done as sheet feed or roll feed?
Thanks,
Mark

rdonson

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2020, 04:00:22 pm »

Mark,

In "Print", Image Settings" un-click  "Rotate to Fit" and see if that helps.

I've NEVER used that setting.

Instead I use Page Setup in the Print Module.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 04:39:40 pm by rdonson »
Regards,
Ron

RickGraves

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2020, 12:01:51 pm »

I had this problem and stumbled upon this solution: go to the LCD panel on the front of the printer. Home screen -> System Administration (screwdriver/wrench icon) -> Printer Settings. Scroll down to "Paper Size Check" Deselect it -- turn OFF the automatic paper size check. See if that helps.

mhaffey

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2020, 10:55:51 am »

I want to thank everyone who offered suggestions to solve my problem printing a 17 x 23 print.  This past weekend I was able to print both a 17 x 23 and a 17 x 32 print without any difficulty.  I had not made any changes to my settings that had previously not worked.  The only change I had made is that purchased the roll feed paper adapter and installed it on the printer.  I purchased it both with the expectation that it would make feeding paper into the printer easier and with some hope it would resolve my printing problems.  As they are now resolved I don't know what role, in any, adding the roll feed adapter played in the resolution of the printing problems, but I am very happy that they are resolved.
Thanks again to everyone who offered assistance.
Mark Haffey

Garnick

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2020, 11:30:05 am »

I want to thank everyone who offered suggestions to solve my problem printing a 17 x 23 print.  This past weekend I was able to print both a 17 x 23 and a 17 x 32 print without any difficulty.  I had not made any changes to my settings that had previously not worked.  The only change I had made is that purchased the roll feed paper adapter and installed it on the printer.  I purchased it both with the expectation that it would make feeding paper into the printer easier and with some hope it would resolve my printing problems.  As they are now resolved I don't know what role, in any, adding the roll feed adapter played in the resolution of the printing problems, but I am very happy that they are resolved.
Thanks again to everyone who offered assistance.
Mark Haffey

I've been following this thread as it has progressed, but now I have a question.  Perhaps I've missed something along the way but I just scanned all posts again and cannot seem to find anything referring to how you have been loading the paper.  Due to the size of the image I'm wondering what size paper you were trying to print on.  I can only surmise that perhaps you were cutting sheets from a roll and they were not a sheet size that Epson uses for the P800.  If indeed you were actually cutting from a roll, you should have cut to a standard size and then it would probably have worked.  Now that you have the roll adapter you can use the roll paper as it is meant to be used.

Just a thought  :)   

Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

mhaffey

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2020, 03:45:35 pm »

I've been following this thread as it has progressed, but now I have a question.  Perhaps I've missed something along the way but I just scanned all posts again and cannot seem to find anything referring to how you have been loading the paper.  Due to the size of the image I'm wondering what size paper you were trying to print on.  I can only surmise that perhaps you were cutting sheets from a roll and they were not a sheet size that Epson uses for the P800.  If indeed you were actually cutting from a roll, you should have cut to a standard size and then it would probably have worked.  Now that you have the roll adapter you can use the roll paper as it is meant to be used.

Just a thought  :)
You are quite correct that I was cutting the paper from a roll.  I had hoped to avoid the cost of the roll paper adapter as I don't do a high volume of printing and found the cost of the adapter to be more than I wanted to spend.  I was able to feed the cut sheets both through the sheet feeder and the rear feeder but encountered the problems I described.  I wasn't cutting the paper to a standard size as I had bought the roll paper specifically to be able to print photos that were greater than 22" in length.  I don't really understand why almost all sheet papers are sold only in 22" lengths for 17" wide printers.  This is a size that seems to me to be based on a doubling of the standard letter paper, which isn't sized for any photographic purpose.  A standard 35mm image at 16.5" wide would print to 24.25" long, which would need a 25" paper length.  And any panoramic images require greater length.  It further confuses me because when I was using a 13" wide printer the standard sheet paper size was 13 x 19, which accords well with the printing of 35mm images.

I had expected that cutting paper from the roll to the size I needed would work as I had read about other people doing the same and had done the same with my Epson 2200 printer.  I thought that as long as I gave the printer the sizing information for the paper all would be well.  You seem to be suggesting, and my recent experience tends to support, that with the P800, at least, paper sizes other than standard ones can only be used with roll media.  All is working well now with the roll feed adapter and I am now hopeful that was the answer to my problem.
Mark Haffey
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up