Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Window, New Orleans, 2019  (Read 443 times)

Todd Suttles

• Hi, amateur learning my way...
    • Todd Suttles
Window, New Orleans, 2019
« on: December 27, 2019, 07:27:40 pm »

Not really "street" I don't think, but just another of the odd things that always seem to call me to them. So... I'm putting it up to see if anyone else finds it interesting enough to look at.
One Day At A Time

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
Re: Window, New Orleans, 2019
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2019, 07:58:41 pm »

Hi Todd.

I could go into a list of things to do to this image, but an example is so much more visually informative. It's just my opinion.

I saw a face that I could elicit with, adjustments for a more compelling narrative.

Peter
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 04:47:17 pm by petermfiore »

degrub

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 08:39:04 am »

Try converting to B&W first and analyze the image. Then play with color.

Rob C

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2019, 04:25:38 pm »

Hi Todd.

I could go into a list of things to do to this image, but an example is so much more visually informative. It's just my opinion.

I saw a face that could elicit with, adjustments a more compelling narrative.

Peter

Peter, that's often how I do my pix too, and one reason that I currently spend a lot of time at wide apertures: it makes concentration on one thing more convincing. On a practical, non-aesthetic level, I started keeping well away from small apertures when I began playing with digital: bunnies! Also, why I find b/w more convenient, because then I am freed of worrying about how colour gets degraded when I push things into places they are usually not. Like daylight into darkness, for example.

Isn't digital photography wonderful?

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2019, 04:44:15 pm »

Peter, that's often how I do my pix too, and one reason that I currently spend a lot of time at wide apertures: it makes concentration on one thing more convincing. On a practical, non-aesthetic level, I started keeping well away from small apertures when I began playing with digital: bunnies! Also, why I find b/w more convenient, because then I am freed of worrying about how colour gets degraded when I push things into places they are usually not. Like daylight into darkness, for example.

Isn't digital photography wonderful?

Rob,
Exactly!

I always liked Darkroom work. It was the place where the dream image captured in a box was to become a handmade thing. I needed that then and still do.

Peter

Todd Suttles

• Todd Suttles
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2019, 07:32:21 am »

Hi Todd.

I saw a face that I could elicit with, adjustments for a more compelling narrative.

Peter
Try converting to B&W first and analyze the image. Then play with color.
YES!!!  I SEE!  I will go down that road too. I like it better I think.  Thanks, -/t
One Day At A Time

Todd Suttles

• Todd Suttles
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2019, 08:19:06 am »

Hi Todd.

Peter
?
One Day At A Time
Pages: [1]   Go Up