Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Season Greetings  (Read 911 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Season Greetings
« on: December 22, 2019, 03:32:49 am »

Shamelessly pilfered from my schoolmate’s best wishes:

“Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2020, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere . And without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishes. By accepting these greetings you are accepting the following terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for herself or himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.”

In other words, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you  :)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 08:25:27 am by Slobodan Blagojevic »

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Season Greatings
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2019, 06:09:44 am »

Your choice of "Amen to that, Bro," or "Right back Atcha!", or whatever response is appropriate in your estimation, Slobodan!  :)
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

James Clark

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 04:56:26 pm »

Happy holidays to you as well, Slobodan.  Will you be celebrating Orthodox or Western-style this year? :)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Season Greetings
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2019, 05:08:56 pm »

Happy holidays to you as well, Slobodan.  Will you be celebrating Orthodox or Western-style this year? :)

Why chose? Both ;)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 08:26:08 am by Slobodan Blagojevic »

Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2019, 07:13:33 pm »

Happy Hanukah or Merry Christmas or Season's Greetings (choose your preference.)

Or, for the extremely orthodox, Happy Festivus!!!
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2019, 05:06:31 am »

Shamelessly pilfered from my schoolmate’s best wishes:

“Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2020, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere . And without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishes. By accepting these greetings you are accepting the following terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for herself or himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.”

In other words, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you  :)

And same for the dark blue peoples.

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2019, 05:14:27 am »

Why chose? Both ;)

We do a mixed celebration every year. We combine the fine detailes of the rich traditional Polish catholic culture and the more secular approach.

One of the highlights is the consecrated host sharing moment. Each year, my mother in law send the traditional host per post and mid while it’s a fixed moment at Christmas eve. There is nothing wrong with old traditions. I believe it’s the stable base we should not loose.

Rob C

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2019, 09:54:45 am »

If that's how you treat your hosts, good time to cancel the party, close the shutters and curtains and pretend to be somewhere far away! ;-)

Best wishes to all.

Rob

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2019, 10:14:48 am »

A happy, healthy and prosperous New Years to everyone as well.

rabanito

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2019, 10:17:47 am »

We do a mixed celebration every year. We combine the fine detailes of the rich traditional Polish catholic culture and the more secular approach.

One of the highlights is the consecrated host sharing moment. Each year, my mother in law send the traditional host per post and mid while it’s a fixed moment at Christmas eve. There is nothing wrong with old traditions. I believe it’s the stable base we should not loose.
Interesting. I was told that only the priest could touch the consecrated host with his hands.
Let alone send it per post.
Different forms of Christianity?

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2019, 06:03:58 pm »

Interesting. I was told that only the priest could touch the consecrated host with his hands.
Let alone send it per post.
Different forms of Christianity?

Maybe the host is not ‘the’ consecrated version, i don’t know. It’s a nice tradition.

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2019, 06:04:45 pm »

If that's how you treat your hosts, good time to cancel the party, close the shutters and curtains and pretend to be somewhere far away! ;-)

Best wishes to all.

Rob

Why?

Probably it is better to empty a few bottles of wine and at the end of the evening fighting about the brexit or Trump’s Impeachment. :-)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 06:10:31 pm by Ivo_B »

rabanito

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2019, 06:05:49 pm »

Maybe the host is not ‘the’ consecrated version, i don’t know. It’s a nice tradition.

Yes it is.
I was just wondering.
Probably it is as you say

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2019, 06:09:47 pm »

Yes it is.
I was just wondering.
Probably it is as you say

You make me think. I really don’t know.
Well, in the beginning our children found it strange and giggled a bit. Now they ask for it. Traditions are important.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 07:18:47 am by Ivo_B »

degrub

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2019, 07:40:50 pm »

....said Tavia in the “Fiddler on the roof” version...... ;)
Happy holidays all,  no matter the tradition.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2019, 08:05:25 pm »

Happiness to All, everywhere.

Hoping to have not offended anybody, anywhere, and that I've covered the grounds in extending my best wishes.

Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2019, 10:51:44 pm »

Feliz Navidad!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-wT3HXS_sA

Music starts at 1:15

rabanito

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2019, 05:50:14 am »

You make me think. I really don’t know.
Well, in the beginning our children found it strange and giggled a bit. Now they for it. Traditions are important.

I looked it up and got this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_wafer

Nice tradition  :)

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2019, 06:11:19 am »

I looked it up and got this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_wafer

Nice tradition  :)

Big thank you Rab.
We put less liturgy in it, but basically, thats the way we do it, yes.

langier

• Celebrating Rural America, the Balkans and beyond
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2019, 11:05:40 am »

To keep things simple and to the point: Срећен Божић, Слободан! In two weeks, I'll send greetings once more. :-)  Лазо, светло писач.
Larry Angier
ASMP, ACT, & many more! @sacred_icons
https://angier-fox.photoshelter.com
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up