Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Season Greetings  (Read 910 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Season Greetings
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2019, 11:26:35 am »

Хвала, Лари!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 08:24:28 am by Slobodan Blagojevic »

rabanito

Re: Season Greatings
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2019, 02:46:40 pm »

節日快樂 evlibody!

Rob C

« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2019, 02:50:27 pm »

Why?

Probably it is better to empty a few bottles of wine and at the end of the evening fighting about the brexit or Trump’s Impeachment. :-)

Why? It was a poor joke or play on the word host, the implication being the guy who throws the party... never mind, kinda lost in translation - even for me!

Season's greetings!

Rob

rabanito

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2019, 03:30:50 pm »

Why? It was a poor joke or play on the word host, the implication being the guy who throws the party... never mind, kinda lost in translation - even for me!

Season's greetings!

Rob

I think "Host" is capitalized while "host" isn't  ;)

Maybe this added to the confusion

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2019, 05:58:13 pm »

... Each year, my mother in law send the traditional host per post ...

Lucky you. Your mother-in-law must love you very much, since she is risking excommunication for that desecration  ;)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 08:26:43 am by Slobodan Blagojevic »

Rob C

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2019, 10:03:21 am »

Lucky you. Your mother-in-law must love you very much, since she is risking excommunication for that desecration  ;)

I had similar mental doubts when I flew my mother's ashes back out to Mallorca. She wasn't much enamoured of tourist class, never mind going by suitcase, deep in the hold. With or without heating.

I'm still not sure if I have been forgiven.

:-(

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2019, 05:10:13 pm »

Shamelessly pilfered from my schoolmate’s best wishes:

“Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2020, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere . And without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishes. By accepting these greetings you are accepting the following terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for herself or himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.”

In other words, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you  :)

Thanks for the wishes, although the juvenile sarcasm is not appreciated. And, BTW, it is "greetings" and not "greatings."

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2020, 08:28:11 am »

... BTW, it is "greetings" and not "greatings."

Thanks for spotting the typo.

Happy new year!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up