Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: override i1profiler max patch size to 3cm  (Read 559 times)

smilem

• Color Management Services
override i1profiler max patch size to 3cm
« on: December 19, 2019, 08:04:42 am »

Hello, how do I override i1profiler max patch size to 3cm

With Colorport it was as easy as editing PatchTemplate file
C:\Program Files (x86)\X-Rite\ColorPort 2.0\Resources\configurations\PatchTemplate

But I can't find a file to edit in i1profiler?

smilem

Re: override i1profiler max patch size to 3cm
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 05:34:19 pm »

No replies?

Doug Gray

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 07:00:16 pm »

Why?
My testing of I1Profiler patch lengths is that duplicating patches, for instance 2, 6mm patches, provides better color readings (averaged) than a 12mm wide patch. As for the width, larger than 6mm doesn't help at all unless you have registration issues perhaps due to canvas which is stretchable. I1Profiler only looks at about 3mm wide swath and a wider (length wise from top to bottom) patch does nothing to improve readings for normal media.

Duplicating patches lets you compare the same color patches which a longer patch doesn't.

smilem

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020, 07:11:29 pm »

Why?
My testing of I1Profiler patch lengths is that duplicating patches, for instance 2, 6mm patches, provides better color readings (averaged) than a 12mm wide patch. As for the width, larger than 6mm doesn't help at all unless you have registration issues perhaps due to canvas which is stretchable. I1Profiler only looks at about 3mm wide swath and a wider (length wise from top to bottom) patch does nothing to improve readings for normal media.

Duplicating patches lets you compare the same color patches which a longer patch doesn't.

I need to make test chart for puzzle! the puzzle patches are 3x3cm in size. Making smaller patches makes isis read on the horizontal border and that is very ugly output. If the patches would match in size with puzzle pieces then no such problems.

Doug Gray

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2020, 09:12:18 pm »

I need to make test chart for puzzle! the puzzle patches are 3x3cm in size. Making smaller patches makes isis read on the horizontal border and that is very ugly output. If the patches would match in size with puzzle pieces then no such problems.

Well, one approach is to create a 2x2 grid of 15mm patches of the same color. That gets you cm patches. When reading with an iSis you would get 4 readings for each 3cm "patch". I've done similar things to create a scannable and visually realistic ColorChecker chart with 9, 6x6mm patches with a black surround. Just have to order the RGB patches so they line up properly.

If you have a set of RGB patches I'd be happy to make and post charts and CGATs files for 15mm squares that align them as 3cm patches.
Pages: [1]   Go Up