Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One 20 now available  (Read 6084 times)

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
Re: Capture One 20 now available
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2019, 12:50:24 pm »

While getting familiar with C1 v20 I find the way you copy treatment to other images not very clear/transparant.

I can copy only one kind of treatment, for instance exposure settings, or everything; but everything seems to exclude rotation and cropping .
It seems i have to copy rotation separate and the same for cropping.
So to copy rotation, exposure and cropping it is three steps...
Am i doing something wrong? then please let me know.
In LR I very much like the copy treatment panel where you simply can choose what to copy.

This is one of many examples where a formal class will get you much further much faster than just hobbling through as a self-taught exercise. At least in this case you know you're missing something, and thereby can get an answer reasonably easy. The really tricky thing about learning new software is the features/workflows that you don't even know you are missing! It's hard to get answers to the questions you don't even know to ask.

Re your specific question: You can change the default copy-apply behavior in the adjustments clipboard under the [...] where it says "AutoSelect > Adjusted" vs "AutoSelect > Adjusted Except Composition". There are really good use cases for both settings.

We will have many 2020 classes on Capture One 20 listed on our Capture One Training by the end of the year.

There are also many good (free) webinars at learn.phaseone.com if you enjoy learning in that manner.

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2019, 12:57:22 pm »

This is one of many examples where a formal class will get you much further much faster than just hobbling through as a self-taught exercise. At least in this case you know you're missing something, and thereby can get an answer reasonably easy. The really tricky thing about learning new software is the features/workflows that you don't even know you are missing! It's hard to get answers to the questions you don't even know to ask.

Re your specific question: You can change the default copy-apply behavior in the adjustments clipboard under the [...] where it says "AutoSelect > Adjusted" vs "AutoSelect > Adjusted Except Composition". There are really good use cases for both settings.

We will have many 2020 classes on Capture One 20 listed on our Capture One Training by the end of the year.

There are also many good (free) webinars at learn.phaseone.com if you enjoy learning in that manner.

I agree- it is difficult to find something you are not missing...
thanks .

What i like about C1 is that you can work in Sessions and do not have to be forced into a damm if you don't want to be - as is the case with LR.
Still as said i liked so much the media pro way of dealing with culling - it is too bad they did not make that into a solid 64 bit working experience, or combined all the goods into the sessions way of working in C1.
But maybe that is also something i just did not figure out yet.
regards,
PK

Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2019, 12:58:42 pm »

if you enjoy learning in that manner.
Not particularly and impossible if you're in a location without internet.

What does seem to be missing is a PDF manual for CO 20. I've always found them invaluable for those off-grid locations.

rread

• Professional Headshots NYC
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2019, 01:43:45 pm »

While getting familiar with C1 v20 I find the way you copy treatment to other images not very clear/transparant.

I can copy only one kind of treatment, for instance exposure settings, or everything; but everything seems to exclude rotation and cropping .
In LR I very much like the copy treatment panel where you simply can choose what to copy.

The thing you are looking for is the "Adjustments Clipboard". By default it is located in the tool tab with the checkmark on a clipboard icon. After you copy settings from an image, you can use the clipboard to enable or disable the specific settings you want, include crop and rotation.

Dinarius

« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2019, 08:42:01 am »

That is also my experience. Cropping and rotation are extra steps for me too.

D.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2019, 09:20:03 am »

That is also my experience. Cropping and rotation are extra steps for me too.

D.

Hi,

As stated, they can be included (or excluded) from the Adjustments Clipboard.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Dinarius

« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2019, 11:30:02 am »

Hi,

As stated, they can be included (or excluded) from the Adjustments Clipboard.

Cheers,
Bart

Bart,

Thanks.

Would never need them included, so I guess that's why they're not by default after installation!  8)

Cheers.

D.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up