Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One 20 now available  (Read 6074 times)

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
Capture One 20 now available
« on: December 04, 2019, 07:20:46 am »

As the title.

Just waiting for my activation code.

Paul Steunebrink

• Image Alchemist
Re: Capture One 20 now available
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 08:44:21 am »

Hope you activation code comes quickly.

After a month of testing, I created a review for you:
Capture One Pro 20 Review
Enjoy.

John Hollenberg

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 09:05:24 am »

I pre-ordered C1 20, have an activation code but it is "Invalid".  Thoughts?

John Hollenberg

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 09:21:08 am »

I pre-ordered C1 20, have an activation code but it is "Invalid".  Thoughts?

Turns out they have the most convoluted system that man can devise.  You have to "Upgrade" again and enter your License Key in order to get your true License Key to activate the product.  You don't get charged when you "Upgrade" in this way.

Rhossydd

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2019, 09:36:58 am »

Turns out they have the most convoluted system that man can devise.  You have to "Upgrade" again and enter your License Key in order to get your true License Key to activate the product.  You don't get charged when you "Upgrade" in this way.
Thanks, indeed an overly complicated system.

earlybird

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2019, 09:38:47 am »

Does it install over or next too C1 v12?

Thank you.

spassig

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2019, 09:39:10 am »

Hello guys.

I receive the email with this info.

Als Phase One Kunde haben Sie Zugriff auf eine kostenlose und lebenslange Capture One for Phase One Lizenz.
Nehmen Sie Anspruch auf Ihre lebenslange Lizenz für eine kostenlose Capture One for Phase One Vollversion – welche exklusiv für Phase One Bilddateien erhältlich ist. Registrieren Sie dafür einfach ein geeignetes Phase One Digitalrückteil unter Ihrem Profil auf phaseone.com in dem Garantieabschnitt.

As a Phase One customer, you have access to a free and lifetime Capture One for Phase One license.
Get your lifetime license for a free Capture One for Phase One full version - available exclusively for Phase One image files. Simply register a suitable Phase One digital back under your phaseone.com profile in the warranty section.

What’s the reason about this message?

Jochen

Rhossydd

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2019, 09:41:27 am »

In addition to.

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2019, 09:58:11 am »

I need an activation key and a registration key
they need to have the name of my computer ... they ask all the same question about me all over again ...  just to make a trail version work

All in all i cannot find the registration key- i give up...

edit; it worked after some trying...
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 03:14:39 pm by kers »
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

earlybird

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2019, 10:00:34 am »

Thank you!

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2019, 12:24:21 pm »

You can have multiple versions installed side by side, in their own subdirectory/folder.
However, new processing engines require updating earlier variants, which is a one way operation.
So you can create a new variant, or duplicate one, and only update the processing engine for that variant.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2019, 03:16:12 pm »

I see that C1 and LR learn from eachother;  they copy each others tools...
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

myotis

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2019, 04:50:35 pm »

I see that C1 and LR learn from eachother;  they copy each others tools...

I'm not sure how correct that is, tools with the same or similar names don't neccessarily do the same things.

For example the new HDR tools don't work the same as the LR tools of the same name, http://alexonraw.com/capture-one-20/ you will need to scroll down to see the comparsion.

Comparsions of other tools, over the years (I don't have any links anymore) also show differences, even in things as fundamental as the exposure slider.

They obviously do learn from each other, but not as much as the similarity of tool names might suggest.

Cheers,

Graham

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2019, 08:31:36 pm »

This seems like a very nice update.

Looking forward to testing it as soon as my Mac stops crashing. :(

Cheers,
Bernard

kirkt

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2019, 09:20:35 pm »

Yep - I was confused too - you need to use your pre-order "license key" like a coupon code.  Log in to your account and you will be presented with a list of your current licenses that can be upgraded.  Follow the prompts and enter your license key where you would normally order a coupon or promotional code and the balance that you owe should show 0.  Then finish the purchase and there you go.

I also had to run CaptureOne 20 and deactivate the beta license (I was using the various betas) and then activate the purchased license.

kirk
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 09:24:05 pm by kirkt »

jodo

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2019, 10:47:26 pm »

Yep - I was confused too - you need to use your pre-order "license key" like a coupon code.  Log in to your account and you will be presented with a list of your current licenses that can be upgraded.  Follow the prompts and enter your license key where you would normally order a coupon or promotional code and the balance that you owe should show 0.  Then finish the purchase and there you go.

I also had to run CaptureOne 20 and deactivate the beta license (I was using the various betas) and then activate the purchased license.

kirk

If I did this right it did not work for me. I selected upgrade pro 20, the basic package. Pasted my PRO20 code in the coupon field and was told “code you
entered  does not exist.”
What am I missing?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 11:05:16 pm by jodo »

JaapD

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2019, 12:40:28 am »

Did you select the same upgrade package as you purchased during the pre-ordering?
Did you paste in ALL 17 characters of the code, like “C120PRO-XXXXX-PRE” in the coupon field?

Then in my opinion it should work….

Regards,
Jaap.

Paul Steunebrink

• Image Alchemist
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2019, 09:07:16 am »

Hello guys.

I receive the email with this info.

Als Phase One Kunde haben Sie Zugriff auf eine kostenlose und lebenslange Capture One for Phase One Lizenz.
Nehmen Sie Anspruch auf Ihre lebenslange Lizenz für eine kostenlose Capture One for Phase One Vollversion – welche exklusiv für Phase One Bilddateien erhältlich ist. Registrieren Sie dafür einfach ein geeignetes Phase One Digitalrückteil unter Ihrem Profil auf phaseone.com in dem Garantieabschnitt.

As a Phase One customer, you have access to a free and lifetime Capture One for Phase One license.
Get your lifetime license for a free Capture One for Phase One full version - available exclusively for Phase One image files. Simply register a suitable Phase One digital back under your phaseone.com profile in the warranty section.

What’s the reason about this message?

Jochen
Hi Jochen,
Up to Capture One 12 you could activate it using the DB option. This is a free 'Pro' kind of product but limited to team Phase One image files.

The product selection system has changed in Capture One 20. All kinds of Pro and Express get their license key direct from the website. There is no selection screen in Capture One 20 anymore.

Phase One digital back owners can now sign up for the former DB option via their user profile. It is apparently named Capture One for Phase One.

A nice example of how two divisions in one company now become more independent from each other. Phase One as a Capture One customer...

earlybird

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2019, 09:25:03 am »

You can have multiple versions installed side by side, in their own subdirectory/folder.
However, new processing engines require updating earlier variants, which is a one way operation.
So you can create a new variant, or duplicate one, and only update the processing engine for that variant.

Does the term "variants" refer to the .cpf and .cop fils?

Thank you1

narikin

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2019, 10:54:44 am »

Can someone tell me how to get my preferred default page/tab layout, imported into CO20?

It seems to have defaulted to a plain template and not picked what I had built up in v12.

Edit: Found it. Window> workspace> select
A reminder to save your workspace before v12 is replaced with v20 would be great.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up