Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mystery Color Casts II  (Read 375 times)

Robert Boire

• www.robertboire.ca
Mystery Color Casts II
« on: November 27, 2019, 10:27:49 pm »

Hi,

I am posting the link below to a topic I posted from about a month ago in the hope that someone may have some ideas about my problem

Mystery Color Casts

Appreciate any suggestions!

thanks

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Mystery Color Casts II
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 12:09:06 pm »

One looks like it was printed using Absolute Colorimetric rather than Relative but it's difficult to see clearly on the captures you uploaded.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Doug Gray

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 01:50:51 pm »

One looks like it was printed using Absolute Colorimetric rather than Relative but it's difficult to see clearly on the captures you uploaded.

Hard to say what the problem is. Abs. Col. can cause a color shift proportional to how far the media's white point is from neutral. However, IIRC, LR doesn't have an option to print in Abs. Col.

Robert Boire

• www.robertboire.ca
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2019, 05:42:00 pm »

All images were printed with the same settings using Relative Colorimetric. I keep a log and double-checked the settings for each print. At any rate, with a low key image like this everything is in gamut, so I do not think the choice of intent would change anything...or am I missing something.

Could it be caused by a color (light black in fact) running low..even though I had not yet received a low alarm? If yes, it would make life a bit unpredictable.

Doug Gray

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2019, 11:19:51 pm »

All images were printed with the same settings using Relative Colorimetric. I keep a log and double-checked the settings for each print. At any rate, with a low key image like this everything is in gamut, so I do not think the choice of intent would change anything...or am I missing something.

Could it be caused by a color (light black in fact) running low..even though I had not yet received a low alarm? If yes, it would make life a bit unpredictable.

This is very odd. May be something like a partially clogged line that is exacerbated when ink is low.

I've never seen a material change in color even when inks are running low on the 9500II, 98800, and PRo1000. The one area of change is the 9800 inks which get slightly more saturated as the ink cartridges age and the levels drop if I don't print a lot. I think this may be due to increased ink density since there are long, small air tubes in them to let the pressure equalize with outside air. Very slow effect over nearly a year with maybe a 1 dE change. And I check with a spectro just before and after installing new inks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up