Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing additional images into existing session  (Read 843 times)

The View

Importing additional images into existing session
« on: November 14, 2019, 10:59:20 pm »

I recently did a tethered shoot (which I always create a session for) and the cable had become loose without with me noticing. So I have a few images on my card instead in the session.

Can you import images into an existing session just like importing images into a catalog?

What would the steps be importing  additional images into an existing session?

The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

IanSeward

Re: Importing additional images into existing session
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 04:59:49 am »

I recently did a tethered shoot (which I always create a session for) and the cable had become loose without with me noticing. So I have a few images on my card instead in the session.

Can you import images into an existing session just like importing images into a catalog?

Just copy the images into whatever folder you set as your Capture folder.  I do this for all sessions, one of the reasons I kike sessions is that there is no need to bother with import at all.

Ian

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2019, 09:27:11 am »

Hi,

No problem, just open the session, and import the new files with the Import tool by selecting their location on your storage (which wou;d allow to automatically apply some things like keywords, Styles, etc.).
Alternatively you can do as Ian suggested, just copy and paste in the correct location, and then open the session.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

jimh

• Jim H Photo
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2019, 11:02:19 am »

Like the others said, you can just copy the files to a folder;  C1 immediately sees them and starts generating thumbnails.  Works great.

I don't use catalogs, just one big session.  That's one reason I moved to C1 from LR a few years ago - I find catalogs to be a pain. 

The View

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2019, 10:16:46 pm »

Worked perfectly. I had to of course change the file name so it would be in the same naming method, but once it is in, it stays in and you can process it - no import necessary like in the catalog.
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.
Pages: [1]   Go Up