Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One 20?  (Read 6228 times)

Remko

Re: Capture One 20?
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2019, 05:56:33 am »

Hi Remko

Many thanks for the heads up and working code. Contacted P1 and I too was given the correct link and have just placed my pre-order.

It’s all a bit strange pre-ordering like this - are P1 in need if the money to finish the coding?  ;)  ;D

But like many long term users, I fell for it and just hope there are a few more features coming over those in the latest Beta.

Glad it worked out for you!

cheers,
Remko

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2019, 06:58:56 pm »

indeed, but that was already the case for V12. Skipping versions to V20 becomes much easier with the given discount. Almost a no-brainer.

How is v20 not a v12.5 or v13 with a new name?

C1 Pro is by far my preferred raw converter, but I don’t see any reason to upgrade without a clear list of improved features.

Cheers,
Bernard

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2019, 08:29:57 pm »

As I see it, it is.

As I said earlier, there do not seem to be many groundbreaking new features. However, for those who skipped versions, even the V12 upgrade would have justified upgrading, so V20 will be even (a bit) better.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

jeremyrh

« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2019, 04:13:26 am »

C1 Pro is by far my preferred raw converter, but I don’t see any reason to upgrade without a clear list of improved features.

I agree with that - it's a strange "offer" to make - to buy an upgrade "blind".  Of course a beta tester is not blind, but surely there aren't so many that they are worth targeting in a discount programme?

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2019, 04:15:25 am »

Well it is, but don't get hung up on pedantic numbering. Just accept that some folk find 13 an unlucky number and choose to avoid it. Petty ? probably, but it really doesn't matter at all.

I don’t see any reason to upgrade without a clear list of improved features.
If you've bought previous upgrades take the discount and trust/expect a similar upgrade experience to past ones.  In this case the rumoured HDR support might be considered a 'must have' addition and worth the upgrade alone.

It's rare that the mature programs like CO, PS, LR etc have ground breaking upgrades now, just minor enhancements and support for new cameras and OS changes.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2019, 04:32:27 am »

Well it is, but don't get hung up on pedantic numbering. Just accept that some folk find 13 an unlucky number and choose to avoid it. Petty ? probably, but it really doesn't matter at all.
If you've bought previous upgrades take the discount and trust/expect a similar upgrade experience to past ones.  In this case the rumoured HDR support might be considered a 'must have' addition and worth the upgrade alone.

It's rare that the mature programs like CO, PS, LR etc have ground breaking upgrades now, just minor enhancements and support for new cameras and OS changes.

Yes, HDR was briefly mentioned, and caught my eye. Don't know if it's HDRI (merging multiple exposures to improve SNR and postprocessing robustness) or 'just' Tonemapping. We'll find out before long.

D Fuller

• AirStream Pictures
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2019, 01:11:42 pm »

I agree with that - it's a strange "offer" to make - to buy an upgrade "blind".  Of course a beta tester is not blind, but surely there aren't so many that they are worth targeting in a discount programme?

I agree with you here. My rationale for upgrading is tht all the incremental upgrades are included for the year. It kind of works like the Adobe subscription, but it's less expensive, and it doesn't dissappear if I want to stop paying.
business website: www.airstream.pictures
blog: thirtynineframes.com/blog

Martin Kristiansen

• Martin Kristiansen
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2019, 01:25:48 pm »

I will most likely buy when it’s released. I admire the product. I find it almost therapeutic to work with.
Commercial photography is 10% inspiration and 90% moving furniture around.

D Fuller

• AirStream Pictures
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2019, 09:55:04 am »

I will most likely buy when it’s released. I admire the product. I find it almost therapeutic to work with.

LOL! Well, as therapy, it's dirt cheap!
business website: www.airstream.pictures
blog: thirtynineframes.com/blog

earlybird

« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2019, 10:41:58 am »

Hi,
 Without any awareness of an imminent upgrade, I just installed a v12 demo.

With all the talk of v20 discounts etc. I am wondering what the most cost effective way to start as a new Capture One user is.

Thank you.

UnfamiliarLight

• Unfamiliar Light
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2019, 10:58:38 am »

As a new user, getting v12 now with the discount is probably the best way to get in. Once V20 is released new users will likely be back to full price.
I think :-) I have no special knowledge of what Phase One might do - the above is just based on their past release activity.
In the past customers who purchased the current version about a month before a new release got upgraded at no extra charge. This lead to some frustration because no one knew when the new release would be and therefore did not know if they would qualify for the free upgrade. This new offer seems to be designed to address that - there is now clarity for those that purchase v12 as to who will get the free upgrade to v20 when it comes out.
I do not think that this has any bearing on current v12 (or earlier) users - I see no reason why there will not be an upgrade price offered to us when that happens as has been done in the past.
Again no special knowledge just guessing what they are up to.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2019, 01:46:17 pm »

Hi,

With all the talk of v20 discounts etc. I am wondering what the most cost effective way to start as a new Capture One user is.

The initial purchase price is quite an investment but upgrades are more manageable. There is usually a 10% coupon rebate available from "C1 Ambassadors". Don't know if that will happen this time around, but do search for 'Coupons'.

Cheers,
Bart

gazwas

« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2019, 01:59:16 pm »

Yes, HDR was briefly mentioned, and caught my eye. Don't know if it's HDRI (merging multiple exposures to improve SNR and postprocessing robustness) or 'just' Tonemapping. We'll find out before long.

Negative sharpness and multiple image merging HDR are the killer features seriously missing from C1 and no idea why it is taking Phase One so long to implement considering LR has had these options for a good few years.

I just know if Phase implemented these features they’d do an amazing job. Was really hoping this would be the year - will have to see.....
trying to think of something meaningful........ Err?

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2019, 05:34:10 pm »

Hi,

Thank you.

https://www.dtcommercialphoto.com/25-off-capture-one-free-upgrade-and-a-25-gift-card/

earlybird

« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2019, 07:31:04 pm »

Thank you!

budjames

• http://www.budjamesphotography.com
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2019, 05:22:54 am »

I've been running beta versions of Capture One Pro as they became available since v11.

If you are curious, enroll in the C1P 20 beta and check it out. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Regards,
Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto.
Bud James
North Wales, PA [url=http://ww

IanSeward

« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2019, 09:14:34 am »

Negative sharpness and multiple image merging HDR are the killer features seriously missing from C1 and no idea why it is taking Phase One so long to implement considering LR has had these options for a good few years.

I just know if Phase implemented these features they’d do an amazing job. Was really hoping this would be the year - will have to see.....

If you have Photomatix they are now developing a plugin for C1Pro.  You can download Beta 2 if you want to have a look.

https://www.hdrsoft.com/download/beta/c1-plugin.php

Ian

indusphoto

• 500px
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2019, 01:59:34 am »

I am trying to buy an upgrade but the coupons so far mentioned in this post, along with the ambassador coupons from image alchemist and others, dont work.

Anyone know of a currently active code?

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2019, 04:12:44 am »

I am trying to buy an upgrade but the coupons so far mentioned in this post, along with the ambassador coupons from image alchemist and others, dont work.

Anyone know of a currently active code?

It looks like (most/all?) Coupon codes that I knew of for the current version of Capture One have expired by now.
AFAIK, the pre-release discount was only valid until October 31st.

Maybe new coupons will appear at the time of the official release of version 20?
Release will probably be some time towards the end of this month, looking at the release dates of earlier versions.

If anybody comes across new discounts, it would be appreciated if that info is shared here.

Cheers,
Bart
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up