Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One 20?  (Read 6229 times)

D Fuller

• AirStream Pictures
Re: Capture One 20?
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2019, 09:15:35 pm »

I would say that Phase-one back owners have spend enough to receive a lifetime free C1 at least till v100 ( comes probably after v20)
Phase is punishing you for buying a Nikon...
Well, if I only used it for my Phase back, it would be free, so there’s that. But the fact that it costs me more to use it with my Nikon than if my FF choice were Sony Still irks me.
business website: www.airstream.pictures
blog: thirtynineframes.com/blog

jeremyrh

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2019, 04:23:54 am »

Worth noting anyone upgrading right now will get the free upgrade to Co 20.
The link above gives a promo code of "OCT-AF-QUW" which gets you a further 10% off. Thanks to SrMi for the link :-)

Nice to get a discount on the upgrade and have it available easily.

Yes, thanks from me too - just pre-ordered the upgrade :-)

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2019, 08:39:36 am »

Having not long upgraded to v.12 (but outside of the date for a free upgrade to v20), I'm wondering what I'd be getting for my money.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2019, 10:19:55 am »

Having not long upgraded to v.12 (but outside of the date for a free upgrade to v20), I'm wondering what I'd be getting for my money.

Same with me, although the pre-order Promo discount of 20% + an additional 10% is helpful. I might (reluctantly) fall for the temptation.

But it's still quite a bit of money for features (that I briefly saw mentioned) that are more of a cosmetic kind of improvement (not unimportant, but not crucial either).
Only 2 features that were (briefly) mentioned, HDR and Noise reduction, could be really new additions that triggered my attention, assuming they are more than an incremental tweak.

Cheers,
Bart

== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

myotis

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2019, 11:30:01 am »

But the fact that it costs me more to use it with my Nikon than if my FF choice were Sony Still irks me.

I guess that, unlike Sony and Fuji,  Nikon don't feel the need to do a deal with Phase One. They are presumbly already paying a licence fee to DXO for the control point technology in the Nikon processing software.

D Fuller

• AirStream Pictures
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2019, 01:59:04 pm »

I'm sure that's the case. And I'll buy the upgrade. But I still think that owning a Phase One back outght to, at a minimum, get me the full pro version of the software for the price of the sweetheart deals.
business website: www.airstream.pictures
blog: thirtynineframes.com/blog

myotis

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2019, 04:58:40 pm »

I'm sure that's the case. And I'll buy the upgrade. But I still think that owning a Phase One back outght to, at a minimum, get me the full pro version of the software for the price of the sweetheart deals.

Actually, given the price of Phase One backs,  I can't really see why they don't just come with a full pro version of c1.

gazwas

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2019, 06:52:09 pm »

How are existing users upgrading?

I log into my account and it says none of my licences can be upgraded. I get the option to get 20% discount buying new C1 V12 licence and free upgrade to V20 but not to upgrade my current V12 licence?
trying to think of something meaningful........ Err?

kimballistic

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2019, 08:12:39 pm »

For what it's worth, the list of new features and improvements are still in Google's search cache of that URL as of 5pm PST 10/30/2019.

DP

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2019, 10:15:03 pm »

it still remains a severe breach of the NDA.
please... given the ease how absolutely anybody can enroll in their "beta" it is not "severe", but rather pathetic

jeremyrh

« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2019, 02:22:57 am »

How are existing users upgrading?

I log into my account and it says none of my licences can be upgraded. I get the option to get 20% discount buying new C1 V12 licence and free upgrade to V20 but not to upgrade my current V12 licence?

I got a link to the upgrade offer in my email.

gazwas

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2019, 06:05:29 am »

I got a link to the upgrade offer in my email.
Many thanks, I will contact P1 as not had any email from them.

Remko

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2019, 08:52:57 am »

Many thanks, I will contact P1 as not had any email from them.

I did the same and received an e-mail from them with the proper link.

You might want to do that today as you then can still get a extra 10% off. I used this promo code: OCT-AF-5OE. The one listed in this thread here on LuLa was not recognized anymore. Do not know why.

I ran into an issue yesterday when providing my credit card details. Fast Spring, the intermediair taking care of the payment, refused my card. I contacted my bank today and they informed me all was fine with my card and that it happened more often that Fast Spring refuses a payment when they think the selling company is suspect.

My bank contacted Fast Spring for me and all was cleared. After half an hour I could place my order. Fast Spring did not want to inform my bank what the reason for the refusal of my card was, but it had nothing to do with me or my card.

I informed PO about this.

cheers,
Remko

gazwas

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2019, 04:40:46 pm »

I did the same and received an e-mail from them with the proper link.

You might want to do that today as you then can still get a extra 10% off. I used this promo code: OCT-AF-5OE. The one listed in this thread here on LuLa was not recognized anymore. Do not know why.

I ran into an issue yesterday when providing my credit card details. Fast Spring, the intermediair taking care of the payment, refused my card. I contacted my bank today and they informed me all was fine with my card and that it happened more often that Fast Spring refuses a payment when they think the selling company is suspect.

My bank contacted Fast Spring for me and all was cleared. After half an hour I could place my order. Fast Spring did not want to inform my bank what the reason for the refusal of my card was, but it had nothing to do with me or my card.

I informed PO about this.

cheers,
Remko

Hi Remko

Many thanks for the heads up and working code. Contacted P1 and I too was given the correct link and have just placed my pre-order.

It’s all a bit strange pre-ordering like this - are P1 in need if the money to finish the coding?  ;)  ;D

But like many long term users, I fell for it and just hope there are a few more features coming over those in the latest Beta.

Martin Kristiansen

• Martin Kristiansen
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2019, 11:41:21 pm »

It’s nice that they offer a discount for a preorder but it would make a little more sense if they said what features you could expect for your money. Not much point getting a 20% discount for something you don’t care for and as it stands how would you know?
Commercial photography is 10% inspiration and 90% moving furniture around.

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2019, 02:52:52 am »

It's certainly a new policy.
Great for those of us that used to skip the annual upgrade and wait a year to get a two version skip for the price of one, an option that changed last year. This year will be a three version jump for the price of two for me, but without having to gamble on when to buy the upgrade.

However even at three steps up it's not looking the most compelling upgrade from the leaks so far.

TomRobbins

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2019, 05:51:09 am »

Great for those of us that used to skip the annual upgrade and wait a year to get a two version skip for the price of one, an option that changed last year. This year will be a three version jump for the price of two for me, but without having to gamble on when to buy the upgrade.

However even at three steps up it's not looking the most compelling upgrade from the leaks so far.

Plenty of useful points of view presented in this post, but Rhossydd just wrapped up the situation for me.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2019, 06:19:39 am »

I agree. However, the lack of info on what new features are being purchased suggests that there are not many. Hence the compensation with a 20% discount for those who take a leap of (long term) faith.

Cheers,
Bart

gazwas

« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2019, 08:04:15 am »

The features added at version 12 were well worth the upgrade over earlier versions so if you’ve not upgraded say since version 10, you’ll be getting a much better piece of software and no leap of faith needed. :)

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2019, 08:07:13 am »

The features added at version 12 were well worth the upgrade over earlier versions so if you’ve not upgrades since version 10 you’ll be getting a much better piece of software and no leap of faith needed.

indeed, but that was already the case for V12. Skipping versions to V20 becomes much easier with the given discount. Almost a no-brainer.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up