Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 196   Go Down

Author Topic: Impeaching Donald Trump  (Read 136606 times)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
Re: Impeaching Donald Trump
« Reply #2000 on: December 12, 2019, 04:24:00 pm »

While on the subject of politician's sons, Trump's son recently engaged in killing a protected and endangered sheep in Mongolia. He wasn't paid for it $50K, but that adventure must have cost him a similar amount.

https://www.propublica.org/article/trump-inc-podcast-donald-trump-jr-went-to-mongolia-got-special-treatment-from-the-government-and-killed-an-endangered-sheep

Well when Biden wins the presidency he could have the Mongolian government investigate the Trump's. You know the Deep state is at Deep work when they're killing animals without permits.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #2001 on: December 12, 2019, 04:46:36 pm »

The Democrats wil have a closed convention after no one wins the nomination out right They will pick the candidate ro run against Trump not the voters.

I still think that the two mayors on a joint ticket would have a good chance to beat Trump.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #2002 on: December 12, 2019, 04:50:59 pm »

Trump tweeted today that a "big deal" with China is "getting very close".

Can he be trusted and should I get back into the stock market?

Frans Waterlander

« Reply #2003 on: December 12, 2019, 05:18:15 pm »

Trump tweeted today that a "big deal" with China is "getting very close".

Can he be trusted and should I get back into the stock market?

Why in heaven's name would you be out of the stock market? Oh, I see, you listened to NYT's Paul Krugman, who said the stock market would collapse if Trump was going to be the president. How did that work out for you then?

The Dow was up 221 points today.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 05:43:52 pm by Frans Waterlander »

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
« Reply #2004 on: December 12, 2019, 05:51:58 pm »

Elizabeth Warren is hardly Jeremy Corbyn, but I suspect the Democratic Party leadership here in the States will take note of what can happen when you conduct an election with the wrong candidate at the top of the ticket.*  Of course, the same calculation may apply to the Republican leadership, with Trump currently polling only slightly over 40-percent, despite a strong economy.

(A couple of other notes, not relevant to this thread: based on the exit polls, it appears to me that the SNP swept the Scottish constituencies.  Might this be the beginning of the end of the United Kingdom?  And, by the way, what happened to the Liberal Democrats?)

―――
*For those of you who are unfamiliar with U.S. political terminology, "ticket" == ballot.  (Yes, I understand that British ballot formats are quite different from U.S. ballot formats.  "Virtual ballot"―does that make sense?)

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #2005 on: December 12, 2019, 06:18:39 pm »

Why in heaven's name would you be out of the stock market? Oh, I see, you listened to NYT's Paul Krugman, who said the stock market would collapse if Trump was going to be the president. How did that work out for you then?
The Dow was up 221 points today.

Never listened to that gentleman. Actually, I am more a contrarian, seldom pay attention to the experts and influencers, and do my shopping when the crowds are selling. But I'd like to know when Trump gets off Bezos' case and AMZN starts moving up again.     

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2006 on: December 12, 2019, 09:24:16 pm »

Trump is getting nothing from the Chinese.

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #2007 on: December 12, 2019, 10:29:02 pm »

Trump is getting nothing from the Chinese.

Why should they compromise now with a US President who may not be there much longer when his successor, be it Democrat or Republican, will be more aligned with the traditional US values of open trade?

Cheers,
Bernard

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #2008 on: December 12, 2019, 10:31:33 pm »

As an independent, i couldn't care less about the Republican Party. Especially it’s establishment that did everything they could to prevent Trump’s nomination.

This is a great opportunity to ask you a question I have been longing to ask for a long time.

As an independent what are the core values you believe in and how is Trump embodying them?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Bernard

Frans Waterlander

« Reply #2009 on: December 12, 2019, 11:13:58 pm »

Never listened to that gentleman. Actually, I am more a contrarian, seldom pay attention to the experts and influencers, and do my shopping when the crowds are selling. But I'd like to know when Trump gets off Bezos' case and AMZN starts moving up again.   

So, you are currently not in the stock market but keep an eye on Amazon for what? To buy when they peak?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2010 on: December 13, 2019, 12:47:23 am »

Why should they compromise now with a US President who may not be there much longer when his successor, be it Democrat or Republican, will be more aligned with the traditional US values of open trade?

Cheers,
Bernard

The Democrats three year effort to impeach him for political reasons has weakened his negotiation hand.  The Democrats have hurt America and other countries who suffer from unfair Chinese trade practices.       

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #2011 on: December 13, 2019, 01:27:47 am »

The Democrats three year effort to impeach him for political reasons has weakened his negotiation hand.  The Democrats have hurt America and other countries who suffer from unfair Chinese trade practices.     

Unfair Chinese trade practices? Seriously???

The Chinese economy wouldn’t be at 10% of its current power had US companies not massively invested in China... not to mention the fact that the US is more than happy to have China finance its colossal debt... that debt further increased thanks to the taxcuts that Trump gave to his super rich friends. And where does the money that China is investing in US debt come from? From taxes collected by trading with the US.

So in short, the US is avoiding to crumble under the interest of its own debt thanks to these “unfair trade practices” Trump seems so unhappy about.

It’s a bit more complex than that but I hope you’ve understood the core mechanism and what it means in terms of the incredible stupidity of Trump’s commercial war.

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 01:35:29 am by BernardLanguillier »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2012 on: December 13, 2019, 01:50:42 am »

Countries that don't invent anything don't have to worry about Chinese theft of intellectual property. Even those countries have to turn over design details to do trade in China. Those Chinese predatory practices are intolerable and shouldn't be allowed. So fighting back is t he only way to stop them from doing it. I don't think that Trump has succeeded and he's basically folding up his tent because Democratic pressure due to impeachment and politics is forcing him to give up the fight.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #2013 on: December 13, 2019, 03:07:28 am »

... The Chinese economy wouldn’t be at 10% of its current power had US companies not massively invested in China...

One thing we could agree on.

Reminds me of a quote, attributed to Lenin, that capitalists would sell you the rope you could then use to hang them.

But it is a tough balancing act. You want other countries to become stronger economically so that they can buy your products, but not so strong as to become competitors  :)

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #2014 on: December 13, 2019, 06:47:38 am »

(A couple of other notes, not relevant to this thread: based on the exit polls, it appears to me that the SNP swept the Scottish constituencies.  Might this be the beginning of the end of the United Kingdom?  And, by the way, what happened to the Liberal Democrats?)

Those are questions for another thread, as you observe, but briefly, probably not (the SNP has in the recent past held more than the 48 of the 59 Scottish seats that it now has) and nothing much (they lost one of their seats, which happened to be their leader's).

Jeremy

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #2015 on: December 13, 2019, 07:15:57 am »

... The Democrats have hurt America and other countries who suffer from unfair Chinese trade practices.     

Yes that were the Democrats...what I mean Obama!!! It is all his fault.
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #2016 on: December 13, 2019, 08:39:20 am »

President Trump takes advantage of his bully pulpit (aka, Twitter) to go after............wait for it................Greta Thunberg.  Her 'crime' was being named Time's Person of the Year.  Said the President, "So ridiculous.  Greta must work on her Anger Management problem and then go to an old fashion movie with a friend!  Chill Greta! Chill!"  First Lady Melania Trump who has taken on bullying as a cause has no statement on the President's words against a 16 year old with Asperger's Syndrome.  Fortunately, Ms. Thunberg came back with a quick retort to the President and maybe, just maybe, the President is in need of some anger management therapy.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #2017 on: December 13, 2019, 09:24:02 am »

President Trump takes advantage of his bully pulpit (aka, Twitter) to go after............wait for it................Greta Thunberg.  Her 'crime' was being named Time's Person of the Year.  Said the President, "So ridiculous.  Greta must work on her Anger Management problem and then go to an old fashion movie with a friend!  Chill Greta! Chill!"  First Lady Melania Trump who has taken on bullying as a cause has no statement on the President's words against a 16 year old with Asperger's Syndrome.  Fortunately, Ms. Thunberg came back with a quick retort to the President and maybe, just maybe, the President is in need of some anger management therapy.

Although I do not condone Trump's twitter feed, I do feel that it was kind of ridiculous to name a 16 year old person of the year.  (Unless perhaps if she was an actual martyr for a noble cause, such as Anne Frank.)  No one at 16 has any clue of how anything truly works.  I mean really, how can you when you have only had the ability of abstract thought for just 2 or 3 years (basic human psychological development) and almost no meaningful life experiences.  Not to mention, it is more then likely the case that your opinions on major topics merely mirrors your parents at that age.  In her case, this is then compounded by the fact that she is protesting by skipping school, which surely is not adding to her intellect or understanding on the subject, not to mention sets a bad example. 

It was a foolish, yet obliviously political, pick, but not the most so.  If you feel climate change should have been the topic, a climate scientist with actual credentials and research experience who could articulate the subject matter would have been a better pick.  Picking a snarky 16 year old who just yells turns off more people, which is not a good thing considering the state of things. 
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 09:55:04 am by JoeKitchen »
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #2018 on: December 13, 2019, 09:28:56 am »

Trump uses twitter to drive left-wingers crazy. It's not much of a drive.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

faberryman

« Reply #2019 on: December 13, 2019, 10:31:46 am »

News sources are reporting that the Republicans aren't going to call any witnesses at the trial in the Senate. No Joe Biden, no Hunter Biden, no whistleblower, no Adam Schiff. What a disappointment.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 196   Go Up