Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 196   Go Down

Author Topic: Impeaching Donald Trump  (Read 136644 times)

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Re: Impeaching Donald Trump
« Reply #1980 on: December 10, 2019, 09:45:35 pm »

Can you be more specific? What would you like him to testify about? What kind of question would you ask him that would trick him or force him to lie under oath?

- Mr. President, did you use your office for personal gain?
- No
- Mr. President, did you use Ukraine aid to harm your political opponent?
- No

Well, the answers to these 2 questions would be yes if you don't want him to lie under oath.

But I agree with you that there would obviously be a better flow of questioning to reach this to conclusion.

I am glad to have just crossed 100 pages with this answer!

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 10:00:10 pm by BernardLanguillier »

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #1981 on: December 10, 2019, 09:59:43 pm »

It won't make a damned bit of difference, Bernard. The House will impeach him, with or without his testimony,

Probably since it's the right thing to do. The suprising part will be that Republicans may vote against it despite the obvious evidence.

the Senate will refuse to convict him,

Probably since Republicans look at their political game as being more important that protecting the constitution of the US.

and he'll be reelected next year in December -- if he chooses to run.

Why on earth would anyone want to reelect Trump? Especially as a Republican? This guy is pissing all over most of the Republican values. Democrats are much more Republican than Trump.

If not, another Republican will be elected. There's not a single sane candidate on the left. You can argue about Trump's sanity. You even can claim he hasn't improved the economy beyond anyone's expectations. But if you do that, the facts will demonstrate that you're either ignorant or a liar -- or possibly both.

Arguing about Trump's sanity is a must for any sane person.

I agree that the win of another republican is the most likely scenario, and I don't mind at all... unless we have another Trump coming up.

Cheers,
Bernard

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #1982 on: December 11, 2019, 03:23:57 am »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1983 on: December 11, 2019, 03:32:11 am »

... Why on earth would anyone want to reelect Trump? Especially as a Republican?...

As an independent, i couldn't care less about the Republican Party. Especially it’s establishment that did everything they could to prevent Trump’s nomination.

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #1984 on: December 11, 2019, 08:33:30 am »

Last night President Trump held his 20th campaign rally of the year, charging taxpayers again for travel and security for non-governmental business.  Make America Great Again!!!

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #1985 on: December 11, 2019, 08:41:44 am »

Right, Alan. And, of course Obama never did that, nor did Clinton, to name just a couple earlier campaigners. What horse hockey!
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Peter McLennan

« Reply #1986 on: December 11, 2019, 01:13:21 pm »

Can you be more specific? What would you like him to testify about? What kind of question would you ask him that would trick him or force him to lie under oath?

- Mr. President, did you use your office for personal gain?
- No
- Mr. President, did you use Ukraine aid to harm your political opponent?
- No

Then what?

I am sure that you et al would consider such answers “lying under oath,” but that’s not how these things work. You can’t prove that those are lies, as yes or no answers to the above questions are simply opposing political opinions, not facts.

Mr President, it's well known that you cheat at golf.  Why do you do that?

JoeKitchen

« Reply #1987 on: December 11, 2019, 01:16:00 pm »

1. Abuse of power: this corresponds to the previous claims of bribery/extortion/illegal quid pro quo. I am not sure what's not clear. Instead of boring us with several examples, they have grouped them into a single category encompassing the previously discussed deeds,
2. Obstruction: this is quite obviously the case since we have ample evidence that Trump prevented key witnesses to testify (we all know they would have confirmed the accusations). This is clearly not supportive of the on-going investigation and therefore not supportive of the intent of the founders of the US. As far as I know, the Supreme court was a lot tougher on Nixon.

Cheers,
Bernard

There is no bribery charge, no extortion charge, and no quid pro quo charge.  The Dems lost and, more or less, admitted defeat when they dropped these three charges that they insisted on so stringently Trump was guilty of committing, even as of two days ago. 

Barbara Tuchman once said, "satire is a wrapping of exaggeration around a core of reality."  So I'll leave this topic with a appropriately mordacious article illustrating the aggregate effect of the last two months. 

Trump's Popularity Surges After Nation Learns He May Have Obstructed Congress
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Peter McLennan

« Reply #1988 on: December 11, 2019, 03:43:09 pm »

There is no bribery charge, no extortion charge, and no quid pro quo charge.  The Dems lost and, more or less, admitted defeat when they dropped these three charges that they insisted on so stringently Trump was guilty of committing, even as of two days ago. 

Barbara Tuchman once said, "satire is a wrapping of exaggeration around a core of reality."  So I'll leave this topic with a appropriately mordacious article illustrating the aggregate effect of the last two months. 

Trump's Popularity Surges After Nation Learns He May Have Obstructed Congress

An interesting supposition from an unknown site.

Meanwhile, the NYT, arguably possessing a little more veractity than "Babyon Bee", reports this:

As The Times reported last Saturday, incumbent presidents almost always benefit from a strong economy, and right now job growth is robust and average hourly earnings are up — but Trump’s poll numbers are not: “Instead of enjoying anything close to overwhelming popularity because of the economy, Mr. Trump’s national approval rating has remained low, dropping about two percentage points to 41 percent since the Ukraine story broke.’’

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/10/opinion/trump-impeachment.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

JoeKitchen

« Reply #1989 on: December 11, 2019, 03:57:58 pm »

"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #1990 on: December 12, 2019, 07:48:37 am »

While on the subject of politician's sons, Trump's son recently engaged in killing a protected and endangered sheep in Mongolia. He wasn't paid for it $50K, but that adventure must have cost him a similar amount.

During a summer 2019 hunting trip, Donald Trump Jr. killed a rare argali sheep. The Mongolian government issued him a hunting permit retroactively and he met with the country’s president.
“What are the chances the Mongolian government would’ve done any of that to someone who wasn’t the son of the United States’ president?” asked Kathleen Clark, a professor specializing in legal ethics at Washington University in St. Louis School of Law. She said that though Trump Jr. is not a government employee, he’s nonetheless politically influential, incentivizing foreign officials such as the Mongolian leader to treat him favorably out of a “desire on the part of a foreign government to curry favor with the president’s family.”

https://www.propublica.org/article/trump-inc-podcast-donald-trump-jr-went-to-mongolia-got-special-treatment-from-the-government-and-killed-an-endangered-sheep

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1991 on: December 12, 2019, 08:01:26 am »

Did he kill it because the said sheep was going to testify in the impeachment hearing? After all, that bleating wouldn’t be much different from what we heard so far.

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #1992 on: December 12, 2019, 08:20:05 am »

Best selling author (thanks to a humungous order of his book, "Triggered", by the Republican National Committee; perhaps these will be Christmas presents to the President's admirers) and scion of the Trump real estate fortune got special treatment from the Mongolian government.  Don Jr. bagged a rare argali sheep on a hunting expedition this past summer.  Inconveniently, the killing was done without the needed government issued permit.  Not to worry about Don Jr. somehow being locked up in a Mongolian yurt for this act of illegality.  He had a quick meeting with the President of Mongolia and then received the needed permit on September 2, after he had already left the country.  There is no word whether the trophy head is hanging in his house as the US government has no record of an import permit.

It's nice to get special favors and I'm sure that being son of the President had nothing to do with this.  A big shout out to the folks over at Pro Publica who doggedly continue to follow the Trump saga.  Let's hope for some dishy dirt on Ivanka Trump's relationship with Christopher Steele, he of the famous dossier.  The Pro Publica story and podcast are at:  https://www.propublica.org/article/trump-inc-podcast-donald-trump-jr-went-to-mongolia-got-special-treatment-from-the-government-and-killed-an-endangered-sheep

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #1993 on: December 12, 2019, 09:31:52 am »

Did he kill it because the said sheep was going to testify in the impeachment hearing? After all, that bleating wouldn’t be much different from what we heard so far.

The sheep's testimony wouldn't matter anyway, Slobodan. Like a teenager's pimple, the "impeachment" is coming to a head. The Democrats will pass it on to the Senate, where it'll be pinched and the discharge will insure Trump's reelection.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #1994 on: December 12, 2019, 09:53:28 am »

Shooting a helpless animal is not exactly a heroic deed. If he is such a great marksman, he should enlist and help out in Syria or Afganistan.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1995 on: December 12, 2019, 11:52:06 am »

Will it ever stop? I mean, the relentless and headless running around, hunting (pardon the pun) for a stickable impeachment charge? Quid pro quo, bribery, treason, abuse of power? And now, a sheep!? Really!?

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #1996 on: December 12, 2019, 12:34:21 pm »

Trump looks quite content when surrounded by sheep. Mother Jones has kindly provided a picture with him and a cuddly flock.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/04/why-doesnt-donald-trump-own-any-sheep/

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1997 on: December 12, 2019, 01:44:45 pm »

Something with a little more veracity, Newsweek. 

DONALD TRUMP BEATS EVERY DEMOCRAT FRONTRUNNER IN THREE KEY BATTLEGROUND STATES AMID IMPEACHMENT: POLL

The Democrats wil have a closed convention after no one wins the nomination out right They will pick the candidate ro run against Trump not the voters.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1998 on: December 12, 2019, 02:22:20 pm »

The Democrats wil have a closed convention after no one wins the nomination out right They will pick the candidate ro run against Trump not the voters.

Let me guess... Hillary? ;)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1999 on: December 12, 2019, 04:20:52 pm »

Let me guess... Hillary? ;)
Maybe.  Let's face it.  The whole impeachment thing is about the Democrats not winning the 2016 election.   After not being able to use Russian collusion,  they have to settle on the Ukraine issue.   
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 196   Go Up