Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 196   Go Down

Author Topic: Impeaching Donald Trump  (Read 136599 times)

faberryman

Re: Impeaching Donald Trump
« Reply #200 on: October 06, 2019, 05:02:06 pm »

Where is Slobodan today; haven't noticed a post yet.

He occasionally takes a few days off. Unless, like a lot of Republicans, he is ducking for cover and avoiding commenting.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 05:29:59 pm by faberryman »

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #201 on: October 06, 2019, 06:27:19 pm »

No it doesn't.  We should get to the bottom if Biden used his position as VP to help his son in a criminal investigation.  After all, Biden is running for president in 2020 too.   Only Trump could call for the investigation in the Ukraine. Don;t you want to know if Biden is a crook?   Or do you only want to go after Trump?  The point is if Biden did wrong, the president is responsible for calling for an investigation and the only person capable of asking for it.    If he happens to get political benefit, well, what alternative would there be?  Let Biden get away with breaking the law as VP? 

In any case, when the dust settles, Biden will be done as the Democrat candidate because of Ukraine and Trump will still be president, probably facing Pocahontas.  Then Trump will call for an investigation of Warren for lying on her application claiming she's a minority to make it easier to get legal license and jobs at Harvard and advance her political career.

By the standard you are defending, it would be excusable to kill someone to proof that he is a murderer.

Everybody but you thinks this is crazy.

Cheers,
Bernard

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
« Reply #202 on: October 06, 2019, 06:52:37 pm »

Only Trump could call for the investigation in the Ukraine. Don;t you want to know if Biden is a crook? . . .  The point is if Biden did wrong, the president is responsible for calling for an investigation and the only person capable of asking for it.

There are established international channels for governments of one country to request that governments of another country provide investigative assistance in criminal prosecutions.

When the U.S. Justice Department requires foreign assistance for one of its investigations, it asks the corresponding agency of the other government to help—typically with the U.S. State Department and the foreign ministry of the second government serving, at least initially, as intermediaries.

Federal criminal investigations are undertaken under the authority of the U.S. attorneys, who are political appointees, by members of their career professional staffs.

A president might be informed that such an investigation had been requested if the target was a high-profile figure like a former vice president, but should never initiate a criminal investigation.  Trump's claim that he had an "obligation" and "duty" to make the request to his Ukrainian counterpart was a transparent fabrication.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #203 on: October 06, 2019, 07:06:26 pm »

So using derogatory ethnic terms is parody? Who is laughing at the "comic effect" of doing so?
Pocahontas is not a derogatory ethnic term. It's a female Indian name.  It's the same as calling her Maria if she had impersonated a Latina..   And I'm not telling a joke.  This is to remind everyone that she's a phoney and a fraud.   

What I find interesting is that you haven't said anything negative about what she did.  So you approve of people impersonating minorities to advance themselves? Don't think that smacks of racism? 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #204 on: October 06, 2019, 07:14:44 pm »

By the standard you are defending, it would be excusable to kill someone to proof that he is a murderer.

Everybody but you thinks this is crazy.

Cheers,
Bernard

That's what makes horse races. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #205 on: October 06, 2019, 07:19:11 pm »

...and forums.  Can you imagine if everyone thought the same here?  We'd be bored and the forum would die. 

PS.  I'm not quite sure what your example means in this case.

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #206 on: October 06, 2019, 08:02:33 pm »

...and forums.  Can you imagine if everyone thought the same here?  We'd be bored and the forum would die. 

PS.  I'm not quite sure what your example means in this case.

Alan,

You are saying that it was excusable for Trump to violate the constitution to investigate a possible violation of the constitution by Biden years ago.

By the same standard, it would be excusable to kill someone to proof that he is a murderer.

And again, I have not seen anybody else but you come forward and tell us this is sound thinking. This is just not "not sound", it's plain crazy.

Cheers,
Bernard

Chris Kern

« Reply #207 on: October 06, 2019, 08:05:58 pm »

Where is Slobodan today; haven't noticed a post yet.

Far be it from me to cast aspersions on a fellow poster to this forum, but is it possible he has slunk away furtively to engage in ... photography?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 09:14:50 pm by Chris Kern »

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #208 on: October 06, 2019, 08:17:44 pm »

Far be it from me to case aspersions on a fellow poster to this forum, but is it possible he has slunk away furtively to engage in ... photography?

Hopefully, he is taking pictures of architecture, not nature.
At the Big Cypress National Preserve they just caught a second 18ft python.

Chris Kern

« Reply #209 on: October 06, 2019, 08:22:49 pm »

Hmmm.  Perhaps a future resident of el señor Loco's moat?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #210 on: October 06, 2019, 08:46:29 pm »

Alan,

You are saying that it was excusable for Trump to violate the constitution to investigate a possible violation of the constitution by Biden years ago.

By the same standard, it would be excusable to kill someone to proof that he is a murderer.

And again, I have not seen anybody else but you come forward and tell us this is sound thinking. This is just not "not sound", it's plain crazy.

Cheers,
Bernard

Politicians do all kinds of things for political reasons.  That's why we call them politicians.  But if the constitution allows a president to enforce the law and prosecute a potential violator of it, then it's constitutional.  He may get a political benefit from it coincidentally.  But he's doing his job.  Otherwise, how would an Administration ever prosecute a political "enemy".  It will always be said that he's doing it for political reasons.  If someone may have committed a crime, shouldn't he be investigated for it? 

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #211 on: October 06, 2019, 09:08:48 pm »

Politicians do all kinds of things for political reasons.  That's why we call them politicians.  But if the constitution allows a president to enforce the law and prosecute a potential violator of it, then it's constitutional.  He may get a political benefit from it coincidentally.  But he's doing his job.  Otherwise, how would an Administration ever prosecute a political "enemy".  It will always be said that he's doing it for political reasons.  If someone may have committed a crime, shouldn't he be investigated for it?

Alan,

Repeating the same non sense again and again won't magically make it better.

Cheers,
Bernard

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #212 on: October 06, 2019, 09:10:30 pm »

Alan,

Repeating the same non sense again and again won't magically make it better.

Cheers,
Bernard

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. 

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #213 on: October 06, 2019, 09:25:35 pm »

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

We can agree to disagree, but it doesn't make you any more right.

This agreement on disagreement in in no way an agreement that this is a matter of opinion.

This is just constituion vs facts.

There is nothing to discuss really about whether Trump's behaviour will result in Impeachement.

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 09:31:23 pm by BernardLanguillier »

JoeKitchen

« Reply #214 on: October 06, 2019, 09:35:37 pm »

Hopefully, he is taking pictures of architecture, not nature.

Hopefully; I always enjoyed is work. 

I, though, was stuck building it today; I always liked the flemish bond (nothing to do with Flanders for some reason).  I cant explain to you how sore my wrists are right now (but a Cohiba Maduro is helping out), and I'm still not finished.  I have whole new respect for brick layers!

« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 09:55:12 pm by JoeKitchen »
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #215 on: October 06, 2019, 09:41:44 pm »

We can agree to disagree, but it doesn't make you any more right.

This agreement on disagreement in in no way an agreement that this is a matter of opinion.

This is just constituion vs facts.

There is nothing to discuss really about whether Trump's behaviour will result in Impeachement.

Cheers,
Bernard

Of course, when Obama used his administration to go after Trump, nobody flinched.  Well, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

In any case, the Democrats are shooting themselves in the foot.  By pressing this issue, the whole world now considers Joe Biden as being involved in a coverup for his son. The more the Democrats shoot at TRump, the more they'll hit Biden.   He'll soon be out of the nomination parade.  And Trump will still be president.  Clever move on the Democratic part.  While tut-tutting in public, Warren is laughing herself silly in private. :)

James Clark

« Reply #216 on: October 06, 2019, 09:54:05 pm »

Of course, when Obama used his administration to go after Trump, nobody flinched.  Well, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

The problem you have is that your premise is wrong, but you keep stating it like a fact.  Theres no evidence that either Biden did anything illegal. There’s no justification for an investigation, and multiple sources confirm this.  Just because Trump keeps babbling on about “Corrupt Bidens” doesn’t make it any more true than the other 30 things Trump makes up / lies about daily. He’s a liar, Alan.   A blatant, stupid, ignorant liar and it’s not like you have to dig deep to figure that out.

The laughable thing about it is that Trump has the unmitigated gall to talk about Biden’s son while his own kids sit in positions of power and control that they have zero business being in, while at the same time maintaining their own outside business interests.

The pathetic thing is that Trumpers seem utterly oblivious to it.  His entire administration is one giant conflict of interest and y’all brush it off like Donald Trump is the paragon of integrity.  It’s totally flippin’ absurd.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 11:24:37 pm by James Clark »

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #217 on: October 06, 2019, 10:00:06 pm »

In any case, the Democrats are shooting themselves in the foot.  By pressing this issue, the whole world now considers Joe Biden as being involved in a coverup for his son. The more the Democrats shoot at TRump, the more they'll hit Biden.   He'll soon be out of the nomination parade.  And Trump will still be president.  Clever move on the Democratic part.  While tut-tutting in public, Warren is laughing herself silly in private. :)

- The whole world knows full well that whatever Biden did  or didn't do has nothing to do with the impreachment of Trump,
- The whole world knows full well that if Biden had broken the law, the Republicans would have uncovered this when he was Vice-President. And this is demonstrated in a totally clear way by how hard they are trying now,
- The whole world knows full well that a large majority of honest working people in the US are tired of the corrupt Trump administration. They have to play by the rules every day and are trying hard to teach their kids that they have to play by the rules, only to find out that their President doesn't.

Although I may not agree with some of their positions, I used to respect many of the values of the GOP. And it really saddens me to see so many of the Republican politicans having to compromise this badly with the basic of ethics in a desperate, and pathetic, attempt to save their political ass.

Cheers,
Bernard

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #218 on: October 06, 2019, 10:11:50 pm »

(1)- The whole world knows full well that whatever Biden did  or didn't do has nothing to do with the impreachment of Trump,
(2)- The whole world knows full well that if Biden had broken the law, the Republicans would have uncovered this when he was Vice-President. And this is demonstrated in a totally clear way by how hard they are trying now,
(3)- The whole world knows full well that a large majority of honest working people in the US are tired of the corrupt Trump administration. They have to play by the rules every day and are trying hard to teach their kids that they have to play by the rules, only to find out that their President doesn't.

Although I may not agree with some of their positions, I used to respect many of the values of the GOP. And it really saddens me to see so many of the Republican politicans having to compromise this badly with the basic of ethics in a desperate, and pathetic, attempt to save their political ass.

Cheers,
Bernard

(1) Sure It does.  They're both running for president in 2020.
(2) When Biden "broke the law", he was VP.  No one cares about VP's.  As one VP once said, the job isn;t worth a bucket of "spit". In any case, the President at that time wa Obama, a Democrat.  He was his running mate.  DOn;t you think Obama wanted the whole Ukraine investigation to disappear as well?
(3) People are tired of corruption.  That's why they hired Trump -to clean out the swamp.  They figure it takes one to know one.  Now Biden appears to be corrupt.  That he didn't play by the rules when it came to his son finagling in the Ukraine. Now that I mentioned it, Warren is another corrupt individual.  She lied about her heritage to gain personal advantages.  So was Hillary who used her position many people say as Secretary of State to shake down foreign leaders to contribute millions to the Clinton Foundation. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. 

Frans Waterlander

« Reply #219 on: October 06, 2019, 10:19:16 pm »

So you can pay someone who is 21+ years old a wage befitting a 15 year old?

Ever hear of the concept of a free market? What an employer and employee agree between themselves should be a voluntary, private contract and the government shouldn't have any involvement.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 196   Go Up