Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 196   Go Down

Author Topic: Impeaching Donald Trump  (Read 138206 times)

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Re: Impeaching Donald Trump
« Reply #1560 on: November 20, 2019, 08:29:48 pm »

All immigrants (including illegal aliens) or just legal immigrants?  Not trying to wise, just asking. 

I know with the latter, this is true, since legal immigrants tend to be more risk adverse.  But if you are implying the former as well, please site sources.

If you were right, wouldn't this be a great case for turning illegal immigrants into legal ones?

Cheers,
Bernard

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #1561 on: November 20, 2019, 08:34:56 pm »

I saw the funniest thing yesterday.

One Republican who had been complaining about the supposed lack of transparency of the phase 1 hearings is now saying that this whole process should have stayed behind closed doors.

I guess it goes to show how bad a beating Trump is taking from the current testimonies.

It appears that 70% of American citizens now think Trump did something wrong. This is overwhelming.

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 09:26:20 am by BernardLanguillier »

JoeKitchen

« Reply #1562 on: November 20, 2019, 08:50:40 pm »

If you were right, wouldn't this be a great case for turning illegal immigrants into legal ones?

Cheers,
Bernard

Not necessarily.  Legal immigrants do not break the law, which could imply a great sense of character. 

This is why I asked for sources. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #1563 on: November 20, 2019, 09:40:40 pm »

Interesting logic. Law abiding citizens are risk adverse too. Sounds like a great case to open prison doors and turn criminals into law abiding citizens.

James Clark

« Reply #1564 on: November 21, 2019, 12:20:46 am »

Interesting logic. Law abiding citizens are risk adverse too. Sounds like a great case to open prison doors and turn criminals into law abiding citizens.

Indeed. One of the things the Trump administration has done that I agree with.

James Clark

« Reply #1565 on: November 21, 2019, 12:26:59 am »

Not necessarily.  Legal immigrants do not break the law, which could imply a great sense of character. 

This is why I asked for sources.

Article suggests that undocumented people may have a greater positive impact than “legal” immigrants in aggregate..

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1566 on: November 21, 2019, 08:56:19 am »

Article suggests that undocumented people may have a greater positive impact than “legal” immigrants in aggregate..
The cost to America figures are bogus.   Where I live in New Jersey it costs $19,000 a year to educate a child in public school.  MUltiply that by two, three or more kids and the cost is huge.  You do the math.  65% of my property taxes are used to pay for public education for other family's children including illegals.   It's similar in the county next to me where there is even a larger immigrant (and illegal) population. This is similar in many parts of the country.  The article doesn;t explain the costs, but you can bet that it only covers direct payments and not incidental related expenses these families cost such as $19,000 per kid for education. 

It's all about getting them legalized so they can vote because most vote Democrat.  It's about getting power to the Democratic party.  So you get article after phony article how illegals don;t cost the country anything.  It's just not true.  It's a Democrat political campaign to convince the America public to legalize the illegals. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1567 on: November 21, 2019, 08:58:35 am »

Just to clarify.  That's $19,000 per year per child.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #1568 on: November 21, 2019, 10:08:31 am »

The cost to America figures are bogus.   Where I live in New Jersey it costs $19,000 a year to educate a child in public school.  MUltiply that by two, three or more kids and the cost is huge.  You do the math.  65% of my property taxes are used to pay for public education for other family's children including illegals.   It's similar in the county next to me where there is even a larger immigrant (and illegal) population. This is similar in many parts of the country.  The article doesn;t explain the costs, but you can bet that it only covers direct payments and not incidental related expenses these families cost such as $19,000 per kid for education. 

It's all about getting them legalized so they can vote because most vote Democrat.  It's about getting power to the Democratic party.  So you get article after phony article how illegals don;t cost the country anything.  It's just not true.  It's a Democrat political campaign to convince the America public to legalize the illegals.

Why do people worry if undocumented workers don't pay taxes (assuming that's true) but they're ok for the government to hand over billions to Big Corn or provide tax concessions to Amazon warehouses while Amazon pays little corporate tax?

If anything, undocumented workers fit onto the current scene quite well. Since the objective is to crush unions and pound down wages, it's handy having people around that you don't have to pay decent wages to or provide many benefits for. Saves companies lots of money and helps to increase profits. I wonder if Trump hotels ever use undocumented workers. Just sayin'. :)
--
Robert

JoeKitchen

« Reply #1569 on: November 21, 2019, 10:18:27 am »

This is the best quote I have read on Joe Biden! 

"Biden, I wouldn’t say that he was a house of fire in any of the debates that we’ve been to. And yet he comes — kind of bumps along, kind of Mr. Magoo-ing his way through this."  David Axelrod. 

;D  Mr Magoo-ing it! 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1570 on: November 21, 2019, 11:06:28 am »

Why do people worry if undocumented workers don't pay taxes (assuming that's true) but they're ok for the government to hand over billions to Big Corn or provide tax concessions to Amazon warehouses while Amazon pays little corporate tax?

If anything, undocumented workers fit onto the current scene quite well. Since the objective is to crush unions and pound down wages, it's handy having people around that you don't have to pay decent wages to or provide many benefits for. Saves companies lots of money and helps to increase profits. I wonder if Trump hotels ever use undocumented workers. Just sayin'. :)
I don;t agree that big corn should get handouts if they do.  But one thing has nothing to do with the other.  Why should American citizens support foreigners who are here illegally?  Additionally, they force wage rates downs and take jobs away from American citizens who are poor and at the lower end of the pay scale.  How is that fair to these people?  Don't you care about poor Americans?  Well, you are Canadian, so I suppose not.  Maybe we should send our illegals to Canada so you can support them up there.  :)

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #1571 on: November 21, 2019, 08:32:00 pm »

Isn't it amusing that all of a sudden the discussions in this thread aren't focused on impeachment anymore... :)

But to cut a long story short, every single public testimony so far has confirmed in minute details all the things I and others have been writing for weeks.

So it looks like this wasn't the press being unfair to Trump, it was the facts being reported accurately.

Cheers,
Bernard

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #1572 on: November 21, 2019, 09:41:07 pm »

... every single public testimony so far has confirmed in minute details ...

... someone’s hearsay, or what someone perceived, or what someone thought Trump had in mind. And what you’ve been saying for weeks is just wishful thinking.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1573 on: November 21, 2019, 10:00:24 pm »

Isn't it amusing that all of a sudden the discussions in this thread aren't focused on impeachment anymore... :)

But to cut a long story short, every single public testimony so far has confirmed in minute details all the things I and others have been writing for weeks.

So it looks like this wasn't the press being unfair to Trump, it was the facts being reported accurately.

Cheers,
Bernard

If the Democrats who run the House allowed Republicans to call the whistleblower Eric Ciaramella to testify, they would find there was a democrat political conspiracy or at least that he was biased and the whole thing was a setup like the Russian collusion charge.  Also, the Democrats are preventing the Republicans from calling ex-VP Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden to testify about the possible collusion they were involved with Burisma, a corrupt corporation in Ukraine, which would reasonably and legally justify the investigation called for by the president of the US.  The Democrats and anti-Trump press are protecting the Bidens. 

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #1574 on: November 21, 2019, 10:10:39 pm »

If the Democrats who run the House allowed Republicans to call the whistleblower Eric Ciaramella to testify, they would find there was a democrat political conspiracy or at least that he was biased and the whole thing was a setup like the Russian collusion charge.  Also, the Democrats are preventing the Republicans from calling ex-VP Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden to testify about the possible collusion they were involved with Burisma, a corrupt corporation in Ukraine, which would reasonably and legally justify the investigation called for by the president of the US.  The Democrats and anti-Trump press are protecting the Bidens.

You left out Hilary and Obama.  :)
--
Robert

James Clark

« Reply #1575 on: November 21, 2019, 10:20:19 pm »

And George Soros.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1576 on: November 21, 2019, 10:57:45 pm »

If they worked for Burisma, absolutely.  :)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1577 on: November 21, 2019, 10:58:04 pm »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1578 on: November 21, 2019, 11:09:50 pm »

More on the phoniness of the Russian Collusion investigation supports Trump's claim the Democrats have been using impeachment to gain a coup..  FBI lying to the FISA court.

Former FBI lawyer under investigation after allegedly altering document in 2016 Russia probe
https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/21/politics/fbi-fisa-russia-investigation/index.html

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1579 on: November 21, 2019, 11:10:59 pm »

Even CNN says it's pretty serious.  Watch the short video on CNN's Wolf Blitzer on that web page
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 196   Go Up