I just ordered another roll of Red River Ultra Pro Satin for my Epson 9800. It does the job very efficiently. I recall former Pres. Clinton's famous reminder to himself, "It's the economy, stupid." In selling through our local gallery (Gallery Los Olivos, in Los Olivos, California), it's obvious that, "It's the image, stupid." Buyers don't understand or care about the nuances we may agonize over. All they care about is the image. So, while I have 100% carbon images on Arches watercolor paper in my office for both aesthetic and technical reasons, I'm the only one who cares that they'll look just the same 500 years from now. And the deckle edge and museum glass I prize -- forget it. Buyers don't care. They react to the image and not technical issues/nuances. So, I knock out the images on a very good and affordable roll of Red River Ultra Pro Satin, which I then spray with Print Shield, mount on Elmer's heat sensitive foam core, frame with simple black wood I cut and assemble myself, and display without glazing. The approach delivers the image in a very efficient manner, and the image appears to be all buyers react to or care about.
Sure, OBAs will fade, but to be honest, I've had an image on the wall for years that even gets some direct sun. It's on a paper with OBAs. They're probably gone now. The image looks the same to me.
And, of course, OBAs get their "brilliance" from converting UV to visible light. Window glass filters out must UV. Our good interior lighting has little if any UV. In those circumstances, the OBAs won't fade, but they also have no impact.
I definitely "get" the reasons to not like OBAs, but in actual practice, in both selling and long term viewing, i find them rather irrelevant. So, I use my efficient roll of Red River Ultra Pro Satin and ignore the finer technical points. It's the image that matters.
FWIW,
Paul
www.PaulRoark.com