Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printhead dead on Pro2000?  (Read 161 times)

JudyKonopka

Printhead dead on Pro2000?
« on: September 10, 2019, 07:56:04 pm »

Recently I heard a  faint clicking sound, but everything was printing fine and the sound didn't appear to harmful. I was printing tonight - everything coming out fine and when I was on my last print, it gave me a "hardware error" and told me to shut it off and turn it back on. I did that than I got a message that it was "adjusting the printer".  Then I got "Print head error has occured To replace the print head, select [OK].  If not replacing, turn the device off.    The duty counter has 2230.  When I pressed OK, it started Absorbing Ink!! I heard a sound I've never heard and ended up pulling the plug as I had no idea what that meant and didn't want it to be dumping my ink.

The error code means:

1 Perform [DIAGNOSIS > CR_SYSTEM_CHECK] to diagnose carriage system. No problem Go to 2. Abnormal Problem in ACC. SENSOR CHECK or CR VIBRATIONCHECK Replace CARRIAGE UNIT. Problem in LONG FFC CHECK or CRC value changes after turning the printer off and back on Replace FLEXIBLE CABLE UNIT. 2 Remove the print head and check the condition of print head contacting part. Proper condition Replace the print head. Improper condition Go to 3. 3 Clean the surface of the print head contacting part. (The waste cloth without a nap must be used.) The problem is resolved Complete. The problem is not resolved Go to 4. 4 Replace the print head. The problem is resolved Complete. The problem is not resolved Replace MAIN PCB UNIT. (After replacement, perform PCB replacement mode and necessary adjustments.)

Is this something I do, or does a Canon person need to do it? Is 2230 too soon to go for a print head?  Any insights would be helpful as I'm a little panicked...thanks!

Ryan Mack

• Ryan Mack on Facebook
Re: Printhead dead on Pro2000?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 06:03:53 am »

Call Canon tech support. They will quickly ask the error log codes and tell you what is needed.
Never even had to wait on hold with them.

JudyKonopka

Re: Printhead dead on Pro2000?
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 10:33:06 am »

I did, first thing this morning. I agree, I love Canon Support, one of the main reasons I like Canon better than the rest. The printhead was getting ready to be changed (that's why it said "absorbing ink", so I was glad I pulled the plug when I did.  This morning, plugged it back in, was able to get a print and Canon suggested I install the latest firmware. He said that most of the time, it'll mean replacing the print head.  I've now printed two copies on it...so far, so good, although it's probably a good idea to have a print head standing by (warranty takes affect once you install it, rather than the purchase date).  I'm untwisting the knot I had in my stomach now. Thanks for the response.
Pages: [1]   Go Up