Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Taegu, 1953  (Read 1583 times)

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar
Re: Taegu, 1953
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2019, 05:04:32 am »

Superb work.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2019, 09:36:35 am »

Thanks, Rajan.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2019, 10:39:05 am »

A couple more travel atmospherics from Taegu in 53-54.

Hi Russ,

Was the girl in the air the recipient of the launch or the initiator?

Peter

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2019, 10:52:32 am »

Good question, Peter. I suspect she was a bit of both. She probably jumped a bit as the other kid came down on the board. What strikes me as I look at this is the fact that my timing was good enough to catch the kid in the air without blur. I know the shutter speed on the camera wasn't good enough to do that by itself, and I didn't use flash.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

degrub

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2019, 11:04:01 am »

Good question, Peter. I suspect she was a bit of both. She probably jumped a bit as the other kid came down on the board. What strikes me as I look at this is the fact that my timing was good enough to catch the kid in the air without blur. I know the shutter speed on the camera wasn't good enough to do that by itself, and I didn't use flash.

Hi Russ,
At least on my monitor, i see moire from the scan starting with the big sister's face. if that is actually in the image, you might be able to wet scan and remove it.
It is a very good scene.

Frank

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2019, 11:08:36 am »

Then your timing for stopping the action at it's peak was spot on. The girl stops in air(click) and then gravity does it's job.
I used that technique shooting jump balls in my high school days. The gyms were so dim, I had no other choice. If I remember correctly the exposure was 1/30 at f2.8 Tri-x. and probably pushed the development of the negative as well. The timing for those shots was everything. Almost a lost art.

Peter
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up