Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad 907  (Read 4824 times)

Joe Towner

Re: Hasselblad 907
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2019, 06:10:21 pm »

Anyone see any mention of whether this back can mount vertically, or not?

Nope, only one mount direction.... 
t: @PNWMF

Martin Kristiansen

• Martin Kristiansen
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2019, 01:03:07 am »

Looks like they want to occupy the Leica space but in MF. Good luck to them. It sure is pretty but then I am getting old and have decades of admiration for Hasselblad baked into me.
Commercial photography is 10% inspiration and 90% moving furniture around.

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2019, 02:49:13 am »

Looks like they want to occupy the Leica space but in MF. Good luck to them. It sure is pretty but then I am getting old and have decades of admiration for Hasselblad baked into me.

I guess few people would disagree about the appeal of the classic look... i'd love to have one as a collector item in my mini camera museum.

But... I'll personally use a different tool to take photographs be it in the studio or outside in the wild.

Cheers,
Bernard

Martin Kristiansen

• Martin Kristiansen
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2019, 03:47:45 am »

I guess few people would disagree about the appeal of the classic look... i'd love to have one as a collector item in my mini camera museum.

But... I'll personally use a different tool to take photographs be it in the studio or outside in the wild.

Cheers,
Bernard

For sure. I see no use for this camera in my workflow at all. Not saying it isnt lovely and won’t work for someone but there is zero chance I would buy it. Versatility has become a real thing for me. Now if I was retired or was only shooting landscape for myself I might see it differently.
Commercial photography is 10% inspiration and 90% moving furniture around.

BJL

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2019, 08:15:11 am »

And neither were they sharp enough in the central zone to compete with FF 135 film format.

To get better tonality you have to fill the larger frame. It might then also appear as sharp.

Rob
That makes sense and fits with what I have seen from other lens testing: at the high end, the larger format lenses lag on “lp/mm” and need to win on “lp/ph”, tonality, DR etc. by making good use of the larger image that the lens delivers.

And yet none of the backs for use with those “mature” 6x6 format lenses and bodies go bigger than the heavy crop to 44x33mm. My kindest thought is that it serves the cost saving of using those old lenses instead of buying expensive new MF lenses. Personally, I would indulge lens nostalgia with a film back and scanner.

Gary Mulcahey

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2019, 01:08:12 pm »

If this back comes in at the same price or lower than the X camera, then I will for sure buy it. For me the form factor and size of the old V series is just perfect. I can press my old V gear into service again. That would make me happy.
I understand that some of the comments that it will have limited use and not versatile, etc. I have yet to meet a pro shooter in my years of shooting that had just one system or a carpenter that had just one saw.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 04:47:40 pm by Gary Mulcahey »

JJon

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2019, 06:07:18 pm »

Well... maybe if someone comes up with a V to whatever the new mount is speedbooster I will get excited.

faberryman

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2019, 06:12:09 pm »

If this back comes in at the same price or lower than the X camera, then I will for sure buy it.
And if it is more expensive? How much would you pay for the back?

TonyVentourisPhotography

• Unlocking Olympus
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2019, 06:59:23 pm »

In my own opinion... I have a hard time seeing the CFC back selling for any more than the x1d now.  Especially with the 907 available.  There are trade offs with each camera in either direction ... but how different are they really to merit what the cfv last sold for new? 
Tony
Unlockingolympus.com (ebooks & blog on getting the most from your OMD & Pen)
tonyventourisphotography.com (Commercial Photography)

Gary Mulcahey

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2019, 06:02:59 pm »

And if it is more expensive? How much would you pay for the back?
Depends if it’s hundreds more or thousands more. If it is thousands, I will look at other options.

G
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up