Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 107   Go Down

Author Topic: The American Constitution  (Read 118709 times)

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
Re: The American Constitution
« Reply #560 on: June 19, 2019, 10:53:18 am »

The more technology advances, the fewer of us become necessary and the greater the number surplus to requirements. We create unemployment across the board, for the highly skilled as for the others.

My friend, the Cuban tenor player, was having lunch today at the same place as I, and I stopped to chat on my way out. His take was that as there are so many robots working for us now, the pensions deficits might be solved by making the buggers pay taxes and National Health contributions too.
This is the point that Presidential Candidate Andrew Yang has been making.  Look at the demise of retail with eCommerce websites.  We replace salespeople and buildings with the Internet and large warehouses that are going to be largely robotic.  Truck drivers will be replaced with self driving cars and call centers are moving out of the US so fast it's not funny.  I had an issue with GoDaddy several weeks ago when they had a server outage that corrupted my and a lot of other websites.  It took six calls to various tech reps in India before someone finally understood the issue and fixed it.  Look at the auto industry, not to mention President Trump's beautiful coal mining that continues to lose jobs to automation.  Lots of other examples here that could be cited.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #561 on: June 19, 2019, 11:12:32 am »

AOC is the de facto leader of the Democratic Party and presidential king maker.

Only in your dreams (or should I say nightmares?). It's blatantly obvious why you raised her name, but discussing it with you or other Trump supporters is futile and, anyway, it has little to do with the constitution.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #562 on: June 19, 2019, 11:25:23 am »

...anyway, it has little to do with the constitution.

The Constitution has everything to do with it, as our resident know-it-all said:

... Ocasio-Cortez is not old enough by the Constitution's standards to run for President...

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #563 on: June 19, 2019, 11:31:41 am »

The Constitution has everything to do with it, as our resident know-it-all said:

No, you're wrong, you only used her name as a distraction.
It was not because you wanted to debate what qualifies people to run for president.

Cheers,
Bart

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #564 on: June 19, 2019, 11:45:00 am »

No, you're wrong, you only used her name as a distraction.
It was not because you wanted to debate what qualifies people to run for president...

James Clark started that debate when he argued that the current occupant is not qualified to be the president. In that context, mentioning AOC "qualifications" is a perfectly legitimate part of the debate, whether metaphorically, in this election cycle, or literally, in the next (if she doesn't go down in flames in the meantime, like the other left's darling with the equally catchy and short name, β or something).

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #565 on: June 19, 2019, 11:48:49 am »

James Clark started that debate when he argued that the current occupant is not qualified to be the president. In that context, mentioning AOC "qualifications" is a perfectly legitimate part of the debate, whether metaphorically, in this election cycle, or literally, in the next (if she doesn't go down in flames in the meantime, like the other left's darling with the equally catchy and short name, β or something).

Why do you seem to obsessing over AOC?
--
Robert

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #566 on: June 19, 2019, 11:53:29 am »

Why do you seem to obsessing over AOC?

Why wouldn't I? It is only the future of this country at stake. Leaving it to the capable hands of the complete retard person with learning difficulties like her doesn't bode well for that future.

EDITED for PC politeness
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 07:23:58 am by Slobodan Blagojevic »

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #567 on: June 19, 2019, 11:55:29 am »

No, it's not a legitimate part of that debate, it's a transparent attempt at distraction. I'll stop playing your childish game, but I may point out fake news and distraction attempts when they occur.

Cheers,
Bart

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #568 on: June 19, 2019, 11:57:24 am »

Leaving it to the capable hands of the complete retard like her doesn't bode well for that future.

Distraction alert!

Cheers,
Bart

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #569 on: June 19, 2019, 12:01:40 pm »

Distraction alert!

Bart, thanks for repeating my words, I was afraid some might miss it. Especially our resident pompous know-it-all who doesn't read mine directly.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #570 on: June 19, 2019, 12:06:50 pm »

Bart, thanks for repeating my words, I was afraid some might miss it. Especially our resident pompous know-it-all who doesn't read mine directly.

Attempt to get the thread closed alert!

Maybe it's time again for Slobodan to ban himself, for insulting the intelligence of the moderator and other readers ...

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 12:18:19 pm by Bart_van_der_Wolf »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #571 on: June 19, 2019, 12:29:29 pm »

Tariffs on China starting to work as Apple iphone considers moving 30 percent of production out of that country. 
https://www.macrumors.com/2019/06/19/apple-15-30-pct-production-out-of-china-report/

Alan Goldhammer

« Reply #572 on: June 19, 2019, 12:37:07 pm »

Attempt to get the thread closed alert!

Maybe it's time again for Slobodan to ban himself, for insulting the intelligence of the moderator and other readers ...

Cheers,
Bart
The best thing it to do what I have done, don't read any of his posts.  It's easy to skip him by just looking at the picture and scrolling onto the next post.  Let him post to his heart's content but just don't read him.  I only reply when I see someone else quoting something he erroneously writes.

Alan

Alan Goldhammer

« Reply #573 on: June 19, 2019, 12:39:45 pm »

Tariffs on China starting to work as Apple iphone considers moving 30 percent of production out of that country. 
https://www.macrumors.com/2019/06/19/apple-15-30-pct-production-out-of-china-report/
Alan, this is not production but just final assembly that is being looked at.  The manufacturing capacity for the critical iPhone parts requires sophisticated plants and those are in China.  the only major things that have moved out of China to date are shoes and apparel manufacturing which are far easier to re-locate.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #574 on: June 19, 2019, 12:45:31 pm »

... It's easy to skip him by just looking at the picture and scrolling onto the next post...

Excellent idea!

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #575 on: June 19, 2019, 12:46:00 pm »

Alan, this is not production but just final assembly that is being looked at.  The manufacturing capacity for the critical iPhone parts requires sophisticated plants and those are in China.  the only major things that have moved out of China to date are shoes and apparel manufacturing which are far easier to re-locate.
Regardless, Chinese are losing their jobs.   It will make the leaders more sensitive to making a deal with America. That's what the tariffs are suppose to do.

Alan Goldhammer

« Reply #576 on: June 19, 2019, 12:56:34 pm »

I've already notified the moderator but just want to publicly call out someone who posts on this forum for expropriating a copyrighted image into his profile.  I don't find this in the least bit funny.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #577 on: June 19, 2019, 12:58:13 pm »

... expropriating a copyrighted image into his profile...

Please send me the name of the photographer, I'd be happy to pay him.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #578 on: June 19, 2019, 01:02:02 pm »

Please send me the name of the photographer, I'd be happy to pay him.

Not a selfban, but a ban is in order.

Cheers,
Bart

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #579 on: June 19, 2019, 01:18:18 pm »

Damn, under the pressure from the moderator, I have to revert to my ugly mugshot (at the age of 30) instead of that distinguished gentleman's portrait :(
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 107   Go Up