Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107   Go Down

Author Topic: The American Constitution  (Read 120014 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: The American Constitution
« Reply #2080 on: September 19, 2019, 11:12:02 pm »

None of this is true.

Well, ain’t that a winning argument!

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2081 on: September 19, 2019, 11:12:54 pm »

It's absolutely the truth.  You'll realize it after it's too late to do anything about it

Indeed. Take it from me.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2082 on: September 19, 2019, 11:50:54 pm »

Well, Slobo, let's hope people realize before it's too late to change or we get screwed too. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2083 on: September 20, 2019, 08:17:54 am »

As I predicted, California violated US Constitution requiring Trump to show his tax return.
https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEGyMANLlTZG5Ty2InanQpvwqGQgEKhAIACoHCAowocv1CjCSptoCMPrTpgU?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2084 on: September 20, 2019, 10:12:11 am »

As I predicted, California violated US Constitution requiring Trump to show his tax return.
https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEGyMANLlTZG5Ty2InanQpvwqGQgEKhAIACoHCAowocv1CjCSptoCMPrTpgU?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

Why is it that some of us, non-lawyers, can realize in a nanosecond after hearing it, just how idiotic that leftie attempt was?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2085 on: September 20, 2019, 10:18:49 am »

Because emotion isn't logical.  Common sense isn't so common.  People hate Trump so much they can't see straight.   :o

In any case, they're going to lose in NYC as well where they're trying something similar. 

faberryman

« Reply #2086 on: September 20, 2019, 10:25:18 am »

People hate Trump so much they can't see straight.
People love Trump so much that can't see straight too.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2087 on: September 20, 2019, 10:32:54 am »

People love Trump so much that can't see straight too.
Mrs. Trump?  :)

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #2088 on: September 20, 2019, 03:13:10 pm »

Well, ain’t that a winning argument!

How odd. I thought you liked one-liners.
--
Robert

Rob C

« Reply #2089 on: September 21, 2019, 04:07:28 am »

This has degenerated into nonsense.

We have people who claim they can't afford the docs of their choice (informed choices; how are they to know what's what - are they medics too?) supporting a system that puts them where they are; we have people who can't afford the system and are ready to walk away from it still supporting it. If that's not blind political allegiance over common, personal experience, than pray tell me what is or can ever be.

Political choices can be very irrational ones, often based on the assumption that the person holding the allegiances actually belongs to the group that benefits from them when, in truth, that's an ideologically wish-projected choice and not one that's practical or even vaguely applicable, representative of, or helpful to them in their actual station in life. It is turkeys voting for Christmas.

Were these same people within the top 5% of earners, then yes, they'd have a logical reason for their political choice; for their personal realities, gobble gobble gobble...

But I'm not blaming the American population alone: we have our own half-nation that's as blind and politically manipulated as you do over on your shores. They believe politicians who have great personal wealth, are in positions of power where they can protect that wealth if they can manipulate the laws to their purposes, actually to be working hard to represent them, the proles, and their proletarian better-interests. How friggin' naïve can one be?

It took until last century for many of us to get a basic set of human rights of political representation, and now we have become slothful in our attention to the machinations of politicians to the extent that we think it safe to stop worrying and just vote on the basis of handed-down family loyalties. Europe seems, in some cases, to have woken up to that fact, which accounts to some degree for the emergence of many different power centres rather than as blind loyalty to the previously rigid split into two, left and right. Get ready America, your people will wake up too.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 04:29:10 am by Rob C »

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #2090 on: September 21, 2019, 05:43:32 am »

And the story continues ...

Trump pressured Ukraine president to investigate Biden: reports
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-whistleblower/trump-pressured-ukraine-president-to-investigate-biden-reports-idUSKBN1W51R0

WSJ: Trump repeatedly asked Ukraine president to probe Biden's son
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LYMlVp0TNQ
and for those with a subscription to the WSJ:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-defends-conversation-with-ukraine-leader-11568993176
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2091 on: September 21, 2019, 08:33:56 am »

This has degenerated into nonsense.

We have people who claim they can't afford the docs of their choice (informed choices; how are they to know what's what - are they medics too?) supporting a system that puts them where they are; we have people who can't afford the system and are ready to walk away from it still supporting it. If that's not blind political allegiance over common, personal experience, than pray tell me what is or can ever be.

Political choices can be very irrational ones, often based on the assumption that the person holding the allegiances actually belongs to the group that benefits from them when, in truth, that's an ideologically wish-projected choice and not one that's practical or even vaguely applicable, representative of, or helpful to them in their actual station in life. It is turkeys voting for Christmas.

Were these same people within the top 5% of earners, then yes, they'd have a logical reason for their political choice; for their personal realities, gobble gobble gobble...

But I'm not blaming the American population alone: we have our own half-nation that's as blind and politically manipulated as you do over on your shores. They believe politicians who have great personal wealth, are in positions of power where they can protect that wealth if they can manipulate the laws to their purposes, actually to be working hard to represent them, the proles, and their proletarian better-interests. How friggin' naïve can one be?

It took until last century for many of us to get a basic set of human rights of political representation, and now we have become slothful in our attention to the machinations of politicians to the extent that we think it safe to stop worrying and just vote on the basis of handed-down family loyalties. Europe seems, in some cases, to have woken up to that fact, which accounts to some degree for the emergence of many different power centres rather than as blind loyalty to the previously rigid split into two, left and right. Get ready America, your people will wake up too.
I agree that people trust politicians too much.    They're self-centered jerks.  That's why I support less power and control in Washington.  Why give them more power over your life and money and health?  The founders of our Constitution understood that.  They knew who they were.  Who they really were.  That's why the attempt to limit central power, and create divisions of power among different branches of the government and the sovereign States.  Too weaken their power that would interfere with the common man's liberty.  It's not only us who didn't want the power of your king. 

It may be worse today.  representative government means higher taxes and more regulation.  More people at the trough suckin gup the hard work of people.  And all this just takes away the individual's freedoms to act on his own.  That money goes to special interests.  In the end, who's going to care more about your family?  You or some government bureaucrat?  I watch some of these people on TV.  I wouldn't trust them to babysit a child.  They're morons.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2092 on: September 21, 2019, 08:42:11 am »

And the story continues ...

Trump pressured Ukraine president to investigate Biden: reports
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-whistleblower/trump-pressured-ukraine-president-to-investigate-biden-reports-idUSKBN1W51R0

WSJ: Trump repeatedly asked Ukraine president to probe Biden's son
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LYMlVp0TNQ
and for those with a subscription to the WSJ:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-defends-conversation-with-ukraine-leader-11568993176

This could come back to haunt Joe Biden.  He's the current Democrat leader for nomination to be president. It was he and his son that were finagling in Ukraine to make money for Biden's son.  Joe Biden, who was Vice President at the time, apparently promised the Ukraine president American largesse if he was nice to his son.  A quid-quo-pro which is illegal to do.  This could sink his candidacy and put in someone else who's less likely to defeat Trump in the general election in 2020.  So Democrats might shoot themselves in the foot if they go after Trump on this issue. 

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2093 on: September 21, 2019, 12:52:17 pm »

Another one bites the dust:

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2094 on: September 21, 2019, 09:12:02 pm »

Another one bites the dust:

As a former New Yorker and visitor still, NYC would be better off if the Mayor was in Iowa campaigning rather than back at home. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2095 on: September 24, 2019, 03:59:29 pm »

It looks like these countries are joining America in pressuring Iran.  I suppose they're thinking about interruptions to the oil flow right before needed heating requirements before winter sets in.

"France, Britain and Germany said on Monday it is clear Iran was responsible for an attack on Saudi oil facilities on Sept. 14 and called on Tehran to agree to negotiations on its nuclear and missile programs as well as regional security issues."
https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-usa-iran-europe/britain-france-germany-blame-iran-for-saudi-attack-statement-idUKKBN1W82FX

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2096 on: September 28, 2019, 06:36:11 pm »

Fascism on the rise in the left-controlled states. In CA, you can go to jail for calling a tranny a wrong pronoun. Now in NY, you can be fined $250,000 for calling someone “illegal alien,” in itself a legal term, or calling ICE, otherwise a civic duty. Criminalizing free speech is unconstitutional, but when has that stopped the loonie left?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-city-250g-illegal-alien-immigration

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2097 on: September 28, 2019, 07:15:26 pm »

Liberals are the fascists they call others and complain about.  Once they take over, everyone goes to jail who don't spout the party line.  You've been there and know how it all turns out. 

Rob C

« Reply #2098 on: September 29, 2019, 03:01:48 pm »

Caught up again in Magnum, thanks to Russ, I came across this item; interesting numbers, and who is to blame, if blame can be attributed, that is:

https://shop.magnumphotos.com/products/geography-of-poverty-newspaper-matt-black-signed?variant=32182582606

faberryman

« Reply #2099 on: September 29, 2019, 03:20:56 pm »

Liberals are the fascists they call others and complain about.
Fascists are by definition right wing. You need to find a different label for liberals.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107   Go Up