Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuji GFX tilt shift lenses  (Read 9869 times)

marc aurel

Re: Fuji GFX tilt shift lenses
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2019, 03:03:47 pm »

Hi,
i've read this post : "The newer adapter is more expensive and allows the camera to control the aperture and is much easier to use in the field. I was not successful in using the newer adapter with the 50mm TSE Lens but it worked well with the 24mm-II TSE Lens. "

then i tried to contact Kipon about it... no answer... that's 2019...

Do you know if they fix it via firmware ?

They post a new firmware... but no information at all...
https://www.kipon.com/en/articledetail.asp?id=142

Best regards from France !

The Kipon works with the TS-E 50mm. A friend of mine works with this combination and I have seens the results which are fine.

I use the Fotodiox myself. Advantage of the Fotodiox: it is flocked inside to prevent internal reflections (the Kipon is not). That is relevant when you use TS-Es (I tested that).

But the Fotodiox has a small firmware problem: it embeds some lens profile that results in (very minor) chromatic aberrations in the image corners when raws are developed with Lightroom or ACR. Can not be switched of. Capture one seems to be able to switch off embedded profiles (at least I heard that, did not try that myself).
There are workarounds for that problem if you want to use LR / ACR: convert to dng via Iridient X-Transformer or use DNG Cleaner.

Fotodiox did not react to my request for a firmware update to solve this problem yet (for several months). It seems that all those companys are not good at caring for customers.

the_luminous_french

« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2019, 06:30:49 pm »

It seems that all those companys are not good at caring for customers.

stellrings seems awfull
no answer from kipon ( and the worst website on earth )
thanks for your answer !
flocking is really important, i used to have a tilt and shift adapter that was really well built, but so much flare due to bad internal reflexion...
i don't trust Fotodiox... really bad QC !
and i just use Apple computers till 1995... "AT This time only PC will work with this firmware, we are actively working to try to fix this for MAC OS ".
Maybe i will go with the kipon and ad flocking myself !
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 06:35:13 pm by the_luminous_french »

free1000

• http://www.foliobook.mobi
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2019, 03:35:39 am »

stellrings seems awfull
no answer from kipon ( and the worst website on earth )
thanks for your answer !
flocking is really important, i used to have a tilt and shift adapter that was really well built, but so much flare due to bad internal reflexion...
i don't trust Fotodiox... really bad QC !
and i just use Apple computers till 1995... "AT This time only PC will work with this firmware, we are actively working to try to fix this for MAC OS ".
Maybe i will go with the kipon and ad flocking myself !

I had some flare issues with both the Kipon GFX->Contax (returned) and GFX ->Hassleblad V shift adapters,  this I resolved by adding a Lee compendium hood, but additional flocking would definitely be a good idea.
@foliobook
Foliobook professional photo
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up