Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuji GFX tilt shift lenses  (Read 9851 times)

marc aurel

Re: Fuji GFX tilt shift lenses
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2019, 09:50:27 am »

Marc, with the TS-E 50, is it possible to place the tilt in any plane, ie: not have to use click stops at 90degree points?
All modern Canon TS-Es can be rotated to place the tilt in any plane you like. But they additionally have click stops every 30°. The mechanics is the same with all of them (17mm L, 24mm L II, 50mm L, 90mm L).

free1000

• http://www.foliobook.mobi
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2019, 01:11:42 pm »

All modern Canon TS-Es can be rotated to place the tilt in any plane you like. But they additionally have click stops every 30°. The mechanics is the same with all of them (17mm L, 24mm L II, 50mm L, 90mm L).

Thanks, I've been having some mental fog recently so while I might have figured that out myself in better times I needed a bit of a nudge.
@foliobook
Foliobook professional photo

free1000

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2019, 01:15:42 pm »

Which Kipon GFX-EOS Adapter are you using? The original adapter was around $350 and required that the aperture be adjusted with a separate control and is difficult to use in the field because it is difficult to see the aperture number. The newer adapter is more expensive and allows the camera to control the aperture and is much easier to use in the field. I was not successful in using the newer adapter with the 50mm TSE Lens but it worked well with the 24mm-II TSE Lens. I switched to the Techart Adapter for the 50mm Lens.

What made the 50 incompatible with the Kipon?  Does it work ok with shifting?  I ordered the Kipon earlier but now wonder if I should get the Techart instead.
@foliobook

Fotophil

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2019, 07:44:18 pm »

The new style Kipon GFX-EOS Adapter uses the GFX Aperture control for adjustment of the aperture and does not require a separate battery as did the original Kipon Adapter. The first Kipon Adapter would control the aperture on all three Canon TS-E Lenses but the new adapter could not control the aperture  of the 50mm TSE Lens. It was fine with the 17mm and 24mm-II Lenses. Kipon said it was a firmware issue that would be solved later. The Techart works fine with all three lenses and imagine Kipon will update his firmware shortly.

free1000

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2019, 02:26:17 pm »

The new style Kipon GFX-EOS Adapter uses the GFX Aperture control for adjustment of the aperture and does not require a separate battery as did the original Kipon Adapter. The first Kipon Adapter would control the aperture on all three Canon TS-E Lenses but the new adapter could not control the aperture  of the 50mm TSE Lens. It was fine with the 17mm and 24mm-II Lenses. Kipon said it was a firmware issue that would be solved later. The Techart works fine with all three lenses and imagine Kipon will update his firmware shortly.

Ah thanks, it sounds like that will all work out in the near future.
@foliobook

Fotophil

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2019, 03:26:49 pm »

Since the Canon 50mmn TS-E Lens offers great coverage on the GFX Cameras I wonder if Fuji would consider filling the gap between 24mm and 50mm with a new Fuji 35mm T/S Lens. As a landscape photographer, I find the 50mm to be very useful. What is the experience of the 90mm TS-E on the GFX? Was the 90mm TS-E Lens ever upgraded to Ver. II?

Fraktal

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2019, 03:53:32 am »

The 90mm L T/S-E has been released in 2018.

Lust4Life

• Shadows Dancing
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2019, 07:26:34 am »

It is my understanding that the Nikon PC NIKKOR 19mm f/4E ED lens still does NOT have a "working" adapter. 
Is that still valid, thus leaving us with Canon as the only point, shift, Tilt and shoot?

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2019, 10:26:01 am »

It is my understanding that the Nikon PC NIKKOR 19mm f/4E ED lens still does NOT have a "working" adapter. 
Is that still valid, thus leaving us with Canon as the only point, shift, Tilt and shoot?

If you're willing to carry along a Nikon FF DSLR to set the aperture, you can use the 19 T/S f/4E on a dumb adapter.

Jim

Lust4Life

• Shadows Dancing
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2019, 12:43:49 pm »

If you're willing to carry along a Nikon FF DSLR to set the aperture, you can use the 19 T/S f/4E on a dumb adapter.

Jim

My Sherpa is 5' 1" tall and weight is about 105, Chinese - I don't want to drive her away!! 
I'm happy that she'll carry a small lens pouch for me and my water bottle!
LOL!

Fraktal

« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2019, 02:58:53 pm »

The upcoming Steelsring smart adapter Nikon F to Fuji GFX hopefully will change the game !

Lust4Life

• Shadows Dancing
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2019, 03:00:35 pm »

Any release date or prototypes you have seen?

Fraktal

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2019, 04:20:49 pm »

Any release date or prototypes you have seen?
No, unfortunately not. It reads "internal testing..available August or September"

free1000

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2019, 05:32:53 am »

If you can keep the aperture wide open on the 19 you can use the Fotodiox dumb adapter I believe as it has its own aperture ring. I’m getting mine today but I think it’s the same as the other Fotodiox adapter I have with the same feature for e-mount. I used it with Nikon lenses on my Sony until an AF adapter became available.
@foliobook

free1000

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2019, 11:30:07 am »

I can confirm that the Fotodiox adapter for GFX->Nikon works well with Nikon lenses so long as you don't care about not receiving exif data. The internal aperture control works with a lens that cannot stop down.

Here's a short video with my G series 58 f1.4 lens.  That is just for showing how the adapter works as this lens really needs AF (ideally eye-AF) to be useful and it vignettes on the GFX. I currently use it on Sony with the Commlite adapter but I hope Steelsring eventually get the Nikon AF adapter released. 

I will rent the Nikon 19 PC-E when I find some time and try it out.

https://vimeo.com/foliobook/review/358325226/2f8aa8d176

« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 12:09:14 pm by free1000 »
@foliobook

Lust4Life

• Shadows Dancing
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2019, 07:52:13 am »

I can confirm that the Fotodiox adapter for GFX->Nikon works well with Nikon lenses so long as you don't care about not receiving exif data. The internal aperture control works with a lens that cannot stop down.

Here's a short video with my G series 58 f1.4 lens.  That is just for showing how the adapter works as this lens really needs AF (ideally eye-AF) to be useful and it vignettes on the GFX. I currently use it on Sony with the Commlite adapter but I hope Steelsring eventually get the Nikon AF adapter released. 

I will rent the Nikon 19 PC-E when I find some time and try it out.

https://vimeo.com/foliobook/review/358325226/2f8aa8d176

LINK IS DEAD - HAVE ONE THAT WORKS??  I'D LIKE TO SEE.

free1000

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2019, 12:15:55 pm »

@foliobook

Lust4Life

• Shadows Dancing
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2019, 12:29:30 pm »

zobelaudio

• zobeleye.com
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2019, 06:20:23 am »

Hey Guys,
I am using a Pentax D FA 35/3,5 or any old Pentax 645 Lens with the Fotodiox PT645-GFX T/S adaptor.
Works a charm on both GFX50 and GFX100 and is not too dear.
Needs a lens with manual Fstops though.

cheers
Stephan

the_luminous_french

« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2019, 02:38:34 pm »

Hi,
i've read this post : "The newer adapter is more expensive and allows the camera to control the aperture and is much easier to use in the field. I was not successful in using the newer adapter with the 50mm TSE Lens but it worked well with the 24mm-II TSE Lens. "

then i tried to contact Kipon about it... no answer... that's 2019...

Do you know if they fix it via firmware ?

They post a new firmware... but no information at all...
https://www.kipon.com/en/articledetail.asp?id=142

Best regards from France !
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up