Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuji GFX tilt shift lenses  (Read 9850 times)

rastas

Fuji GFX tilt shift lenses
« on: May 24, 2019, 01:30:19 pm »

Just doing my once per 6 month check in to see if anyone knows anything about fuji tilt shift lenses coming for the gfx? Supposedly they are building three of them....

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
Re: Fuji GFX tilt shift lenses
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 01:33:24 pm »

Just doing my once per 6 month check in to see if anyone knows anything about fuji tilt shift lenses coming for the gfx? Supposedly they are building three of them....

There are rumors to the effect that we're going to get a new lens roadmap in the next week or so...

rastas

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 02:36:09 pm »

roadmap in next week or so? wow, haven't heard that. thanks!

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2019, 02:50:03 pm »

There are rumors to the effect that we're going to get a new lens roadmap in the next week or so...

It would indeed make sense for Fuji to let people first digest the GFX100 before dropping another major announcement about lenses.

Cheers,
Bernard

faberryman

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2019, 03:27:30 pm »

It would indeed make sense for Fuji to let people first digest the GFX100 before dropping another major announcement about lenses.
The offical announcement was yesterday, but specs and photos have been around for months. It's actually old news. New tilt/shift lenses would be an exciting announcement.

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2019, 03:27:34 pm »

Cheers,
Bernard

Tilt/Shift lenses were a prominent request from the audience and the panel on their reveal video a few months back.

It's kind of surprising the paucity of tilt/shift lenses in general in our industry. I suppose they must be more expensive to design and manufacture and for a smaller market, but when your cameras cost $5k and $10k, perhaps you have some more leeway to price these lenses where they need to be to make them worth your while to create. I hope Fuji will indeed have these as options.

Steve Hendrix/CI
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2019, 03:54:16 pm »

The offical announcement was yesterday, but specs and photos have been around for months. It's actually old news. New tilt/shift lenses would be an exciting announcement.

Are you considering purchasing a GFX100?

Cheers,
Bernard

faberryman

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2019, 04:06:45 pm »

Are you considering purchasing a GFX100?
No, I am considering purchasing a GFX50. I don't need 100MP. However, I want to see what Sony announces later in the year.  I am in no hurry.

StoryinPictures

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2019, 02:11:45 am »

I found this informative and filled with gems.

https://youtu.be/9XVbt-eKwmU

My read of the response is that the T/S is being taken seriously but a number of other lenses have higher priority. But this is just my opinion. :).

Harold Clark

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2019, 11:29:29 am »

Tilt shift lenses would make the Fuji very appealing to architectural photographers, perhaps a 21-23mm, 32 mm and maybe a 45mm. I also think they should offer the ability to shoot at half and quarter resolution. Most photographers who require 100MP for some projects would also have requirements for a lot less on many occasions.

dirkie

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2019, 04:07:46 am »

For me an other photographers who are searching for possibilities to adapt something around 35mm or 30 mm shift lenses (i was thinking and also testing about any combo 3rd party lens/gfx) or any solution better the canon 24 mm tse lens would be a gamechanger.
I have an gfx but i do use de sony A7r... exactly because it is easier to work with the tse Canon lenses.
I would like shift to fuji gfx with all my workflow because I like the Fuji cam. If only there would be more possibilities with shift lenses in the quality of other gf lenses... I really would pay the price. I would like to hear any news about this since i have to decide between A7RIV and some new lenses for this bodyor keeping  the Fuji GFX System what I do like more but still missing better shift wide angle possibilities.
It is just to much money fixed in new equipment now, since i bought two systems: Fuji GFX and Sony A7RIII a few months ago.

marc aurel

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2019, 08:24:13 am »

For me an other photographers who are searching for possibilities to adapt something around 35mm or 30 mm shift lenses (i was thinking and also testing about any combo 3rd party lens/gfx) or any solution better the canon 24 mm tse lens would be a gamechanger.
I have an gfx but i do use de sony A7r... exactly because it is easier to work with the tse Canon lenses.
I would like shift to fuji gfx with all my workflow because I like the Fuji cam. If only there would be more possibilities with shift lenses in the quality of other gf lenses... I really would pay the price. I would like to hear any news about this since i have to decide between A7RIV and some new lenses for this bodyor keeping  the Fuji GFX System what I do like more but still missing better shift wide angle possibilities.
It is just to much money fixed in new equipment now, since i bought two systems: Fuji GFX and Sony A7RIII a few months ago.

There is the PC-Distagon 35mm shift lens (10mm shift, no tilt). It was the best 35mm format shift lens. And still is, because no company makes one any more.
It is very very good in the extreme corners when shifted. Definitely better than the TS-E 24mm L II. The inner parts of the image circle are good, but not as good as the TS-E 24mm L II. It works on the GFX cameras, of course with reduced shift capabilities. I have mine on sale in case some one is interested. Samples can be found in this thread: https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=93273.msg759804#msg759804

But the lens is not on the level of the Fuji GF lenses. Nor is the TS-E 24mm L II.
So yes: Fuji, we really need a shift lens in the 30 to 35mm range.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 08:48:28 am by marc aurel »

free1000

• http://www.foliobook.mobi
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2019, 03:47:18 am »

Has anyone tried the new-ish Canon 50 TS-E 2.8 on the Fuji GFX?  It would have a 40mm equivalent focal length to FF.  The published MTF suggests excellent performance and there should be a large image circle for good movements.

This is a good length for vignette style interiors where a good bit of shift is needed and would be a good length for general and landscape use.

With this one available, and the TS-E 24mm II,  all I would need from Fuji would be a shift lens in the 30-35 range, preferably around 32/24mm equivalent and that would  cover most landscape , interiors and architecture for me.
@foliobook
Foliobook professional photo

marc aurel

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2019, 06:26:41 am »

Has anyone tried the new-ish Canon 50 TS-E 2.8 on the Fuji GFX?  It would have a 40mm equivalent focal length to FF.  The published MTF suggests excellent performance and there should be a large image circle for good movements.

This is a good length for vignette style interiors where a good bit of shift is needed and would be a good length for general and landscape use.

With this one available, and the TS-E 24mm II,  all I would need from Fuji would be a shift lens in the 30-35 range, preferably around 32/24mm equivalent and that would  cover most landscape , interiors and architecture for me.

The TS-E 50mm L and TS-E 90mm L are both excellent on the GFX 50 and the GFX 100. They beat the TS-E 24mm L II in every aspect. They have such large image circles with such an excellent quality - as if they would have been made for the GFX sensor. Even at full shift, both in landscape and portrait orientation they are tack sharp across the frame, with minor vignetting that can be corrected without problems. Only with full diagonal shift there is hard vignetting because you hit the edge of the image circle of those lenses and / or from the adapter.   
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 06:29:46 am by marc aurel »

free1000

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2019, 09:02:49 am »

The TS-E 50mm L and TS-E 90mm L are both excellent on the GFX 50 and the GFX 100. They beat the TS-E 24mm L II in every aspect. They have such large image circles with such an excellent quality - as if they would have been made for the GFX sensor. Even at full shift, both in landscape and portrait orientation they are tack sharp across the frame, with minor vignetting that can be corrected without problems. Only with full diagonal shift there is hard vignetting because you hit the edge of the image circle of those lenses and / or from the adapter.

Great to hear that these are good even to 100Mp.
@foliobook

Lust4Life

• Shadows Dancing
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2019, 05:33:20 pm »

What adapter for the Canon TS-E to GFX 50 is working well for you?

rastas

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2019, 11:37:06 pm »

Ive been using the kipon adapter with the canon TSE 24 and 50. the 32-64, while not a tilt shift is working great when large amounts of shift isn't needed.

free1000

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2019, 05:47:58 am »

Ive been using the kipon adapter with the canon TSE 24 and 50. the 32-64, while not a tilt shift is working great when large amounts of shift isn't needed.

This is exactly the kit I'm thinking of purchasing.
@foliobook

Fotophil

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2019, 09:24:26 pm »

Which Kipon GFX-EOS Adapter are you using? The original adapter was around $350 and required that the aperture be adjusted with a separate control and is difficult to use in the field because it is difficult to see the aperture number. The newer adapter is more expensive and allows the camera to control the aperture and is much easier to use in the field. I was not successful in using the newer adapter with the 50mm TSE Lens but it worked well with the 24mm-II TSE Lens. I switched to the Techart Adapter for the 50mm Lens.

free1000

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2019, 08:37:41 am »

Marc, with the TS-E 50, is it possible to place the tilt in any plane, ie: not have to use click stops at 90degree points? 
@foliobook
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up