Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe LR/PS bundle prices - V 2.0  (Read 7904 times)

Zen8

• My Photo Collections
Re: Adobe LR/PS bundle prices - V 2.0
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2019, 09:05:33 am »

I did remember $9.99 was an introductory offer. From 2014.   

https://fstoppers.com/gear/adobe-makes-999-photography-plan-permanent-12332

ButchM

« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2019, 11:53:06 am »

I did remember $9.99 was an introductory offer. From 2014.   

https://fstoppers.com/gear/adobe-makes-999-photography-plan-permanent-12332

(Déjà vu ...)

Yes ... and also don't gloss over that initial promo (up until June 2014) was only for prior license holders as an incentive to move from perpetual licensing to CC ... not for new customers.

If you had never owned licensing for either Ps or Lr ... you couldn't get the $9.99 deal at all.

So new customers who purchased the Photography package never received a 'introductory' or special limited promotional pricing ... from June 2014 ... that was the full standard price.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2019, 12:39:42 pm »

That's not surprising, Jeremy, since this and a previous similar test appear to be restricted to the US.

This morning, out of curiosity, I had a look at the US site. It took an extra click, but I found LR/PS/20Gb for $9.99/month easily enough. Maybe it is random.

Jeremy

ButchM

« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2019, 01:14:49 pm »

This morning, out of curiosity, I had a look at the US site. It took an extra click, but I found LR/PS/20Gb for $9.99/month easily enough. Maybe it is random.

Jeremy

That too is understandable ... considering they seem to have at least suspended their 'test' after all this kerfuffle from the expansive list of tech site stories on the issue ...

If you go back and look at the previous thread here on this subject, you can see screen shots depicting what some users encountered ... no matter how much clicking one did ... the $9.99 plan could not be discovered in some instances. It wasn't a figment of the imagination ... it was a real situation. Adobe has admitted as much.

Zen8

• My Photo Collections
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2019, 01:18:52 pm »

(Déjà vu ...)

Yes ... and also don't gloss over that initial promo (up until June 2014) was only for prior license holders as an incentive to move from perpetual licensing to CC ... not for new customers.

If you had never owned licensing for either Ps or Lr ... you couldn't get the $9.99 deal at all.

So new customers who purchased the Photography package never received a 'introductory' or special limited promotional pricing ... from June 2014 ... that was the full standard price.

Didn't know that but they do now. I'm pretty sure if someone paid the full price in 2104 could have contacted Adobe to make an adjustment since the $9.99 became the going rate for all. Adobe must have had poor sales with the full price of $19.99 for new customers.       

Zen8

• My Photo Collections
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2019, 01:25:42 pm »

Jeremy

In Canada 20GB is still the default. Adobe Added Lightroom which is the mobile version only with 1TB for $9.99. I think that is world wide.       

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2019, 05:36:07 pm »

I'm pretty sure if someone paid the full price in 2104 could have contacted Adobe to make an adjustment since the $9.99 became the going rate for all. Adobe must have had poor sales with the full price of $19.99 for new customers.       

Adobe is not charging two different prices for the same product or product bundle. Technically they are different products bundles, where storage changes from 20GB to 1 TB. Now, that price difference may not be attractive compared to other products such as Dropbox.
The fact that Adobe was doing test by removing the $9.99 bundle is different than saying that they had the same product with two different prices.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up