Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe LR/PS bundle prices - V 2.0  (Read 7816 times)

peterwgallagher

Re: Adobe LR/PS bundle prices - V 2.0
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2019, 09:47:13 am »

Adobe is not testing "if". They're testing "when".

When our choice is forced (as it will be), I hope it's "which" not "whether". 

Just at present, there's not a lot of "which" to choose from for e.g a variety of solid "profiles" or, printing from virtual previews, or a wide range of high-quality plug-ins.

PWG

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2019, 10:00:31 am »

Too bad they are not testing discounts like 5 $ a month... ;)
Would not have any problem with that...
Maybe they forgot to test it...
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2019, 10:24:04 am »

Adobe has me completely confused!

I want to keep the Photography Plan 20gb and not double the monthly fee.  It looks like I can do so according the thread above but it is not clear how to do so.  Do I have to sign up again and can i do nothing?

MDIJB
mdiimaging.com

ButchM

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2019, 10:40:37 am »

Adobe has me completely confused!

I want to keep the Photography Plan 20gb and not double the monthly fee.  It looks like I can do so according the thread above but it is not clear how to do so.  Do I have to sign up again and can i do nothing?

MDIJB

No, you don't have to do anything. If and when there would be any change to your subscription, you will receive official notification from Adobe.

Unfortunately you have fallen victim to the confusion Adobe has created. Unnecessarily so.

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2019, 11:19:43 am »

Almost every on-line service I pay for is raising their price.  We got a notice last week that Netflix subscription is going up 20% going forward.  Amazon Prime raised their yearly charge several months ago but of course that bundles in special shipping in addition to streaming video.  For my own perspective, I don't see any alternatives to LR right now (in terms of a single app that allows photo editing, cataloguing, and printing) whereas there are PS alternatives.  I already have cloud storage via Amazon Web Services and am not interested in Adobe storage.

hogloff

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2019, 11:43:04 am »

Almost every on-line service I pay for is raising their price.  We got a notice last week that Netflix subscription is going up 20% going forward.  Amazon Prime raised their yearly charge several months ago but of course that bundles in special shipping in addition to streaming video.  For my own perspective, I don't see any alternatives to LR right now (in terms of a single app that allows photo editing, cataloguing, and printing) whereas there are PS alternatives.  I already have cloud storage via Amazon Web Services and am not interested in Adobe storage.

Yeh, costs for insurance, health care, food, rent...you name it, are going up...why would one think the Adobe subscription cost will stay the same forever?

faberryman

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2019, 11:55:21 am »

For me, it is how much am I willing to pay not to have to learn a new program. I am happy with LR and the few things I do in PS and learning a new program just seems like wasted time. But I may choke at $20/month, especially since I do not want to need the cloud storage. On the other hand Capture One is $299, and they upgrade regularly at twelve month intervals at $109, so in absolute terms the savings may not add up to that much.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 12:22:04 pm by faberryman »

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2019, 12:04:03 pm »

Yeh, costs for insurance, health care, food, rent...you name it, are going up...why would one think the Adobe subscription cost will stay the same forever?

That's exactly the issue with subscriptions. Ask the frog in boiling water ...

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

hogloff

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2019, 01:08:30 pm »

Cheers,
Bart

Didn't capture one pro bump their Sony version from something like $69 to $200. See what that frog says about that!!

Subscription to LR / PS is a great deal for new people getting into processing. The old days they would have to shell out nearly $1,000 for this bundle...now $10/month which is more palatable for most.

Sort of like rather than saving up $500,000 for 20 years for you house and paying cash money...you can walk into the bank today, get a mortgage and have monthly payments...but enjoy your house over the next 20 years.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2019, 01:52:02 pm »

Didn't capture one pro bump their Sony version from something like $69 to $200. See what that frog says about that!!

I'm not a Sony user, but doesn't C1 come free with the camera?

Subscription to LR / PS is a great deal for new people getting into processing. The old days they would have to shell out nearly $1,000 for this bundle...now $10/month which is more palatable for most.

I never paid that much, and certainly not for upgrades every 1.5 years. The money I have saved by not jumping on the subscription bandwagon, is significantly more than the software upgrades would have cost, even at the current rates. The 'alternatives' as far as functionalities overlap, like Affinity Photo, even cost a smal fraction of a subscription and are often at least as functional.

I use LR and PS less and less compared to the alternatives, and I'm still not paying a single cent for LR and PS since the last upgrade to perpetual licenses, and they work fine.

Sort of like rather than saving up $500,000 for 20 years for you house and paying cash money...you can walk into the bank today, get a mortgage and have monthly payments...but enjoy your house over the next 20 years.

Totally different, a house is an asset that represents (re-)sales value. A software license is an access to something that is a digital copy of something that can be multiplied/duplicated at virtually zero cost.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Zen8

• My Photo Collections
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2019, 06:24:48 pm »

The 20GB photo plan for 9.99 is still there.

https://www.outdoorphotographer.com/blog/adobe-clarifies-new-pricing-structure-for-cc-photography-plan/

Does Adobe do any planning before throwing something out and stirring up chit on all the forums. The KeyStone Cops were more organized.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8jphxpi1ro (external link)

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2019, 10:13:29 pm »

As the different options for photo plans in the adobe website are contained in a drop-down list, is it possible that for some reason the object is not loading for those people that are having issues?

hogloff

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2019, 10:58:03 pm »

I'm not a Sony user, but doesn't C1 come free with the camera?

I never paid that much, and certainly not for upgrades every 1.5 years. The money I have saved by not jumping on the subscription bandwagon, is significantly more than the software upgrades would have cost, even at the current rates. The 'alternatives' as far as functionalities overlap, like Affinity Photo, even cost a smal fraction of a subscription and are often at least as functional.

I use LR and PS less and less compared to the alternatives, and I'm still not paying a single cent for LR and PS since the last upgrade to perpetual licenses, and they work fine.

Totally different, a house is an asset that represents (re-)sales value. A software license is an access to something that is a digital copy of something that can be multiplied/duplicated at virtually zero cost.

Cheers,
Bart

So you would give away your images as they can just be copied at virtually zero cost? You have any idea how many hundreds of millions of dollars it takes to create software of the likes of Adobe these days...and how many hundreds of millions of dollars it takes to maintain and enhance that software?

I understand that if you don't utilize LR / PS much these days...then maybe the product is not intended for you. There are many other products out there that might better meet your needs...but many rely on LR / PS daily for their photography and paying 2 coffees a month for something that you rely on is agreeable with them.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2019, 02:35:08 am »

As the different options for photo plans in the adobe website are contained in a drop-down list, is it possible that for some reason the object is not loading for those people that are having issues?

No, this was deliberate testing of the 1tb bundle at $20 and hiding the $10 20gb default.

ButchM

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2019, 09:03:43 am »

No, this was deliberate testing of the 1tb bundle at $20 and hiding the $10 20gb default.

They seemed to have ended their 'testing' since there were so many articles on the tech websites this week as now the 20GB option is easily discoverable for everyone on their site.

Rand47

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2019, 11:59:26 am »

Cheers,
Bart

Bart,

That might be difficult.  In all likelihood the frog is dead.  😜

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

jrp

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2019, 12:01:32 pm »

Because that is what they promised when they forced us onto the subscription model.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2019, 12:51:48 pm »

Because that is what they promised when they forced us onto the subscription model.

No, they did not say the subscription cost would stay the same forever. In fact they didn't even use the word "indefinitely" in that context.

faberryman

« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2019, 01:33:44 pm »

I don't remember them saying that, and wouldn't have believed them if they had. Seriously.

The "test" performed by Adobe has been short-lived. Between yesterday and today, the $9.99 option with 20GB of storage is now back as the default on the Adobe US website. I wonder how many LR/PS users jumped ship to Capturre One in the intervening 24 hours? I know I went out at looked at the current prices on Capture One. Unless you want the Sony or Fuji limited versions, which are on sale for $109 or $8/month (for 12 months), Capture One Pro runs $299 or $20/month. With that kind of pricing, can Adobe be far behind?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 06:18:14 pm by faberryman »

Zen8

• My Photo Collections
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2019, 05:20:05 pm »

I do believe that at one time the price was supposed to be $19.99 and $9.99 was limited offer for a period of time. If you got in then your price remained at $9.99, excluding an inflationary increase. Looks like Adobe extended that offer.     

Adobe's test which stirred up the forums was supposed to be for new customers, not existing ones. I fully expect an increase some day. Last year the 1 App and All Apps plans increased by 6%. That wouldn't bother me.   
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up