Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe LR/PS bundle prices - V 2.0  (Read 7813 times)

Rand47

Adobe LR/PS bundle prices - V 2.0
« on: May 02, 2019, 01:26:04 pm »

Remember the defunct thread a bit a ago on Adobe "supposedly" raising pricing?
My sources tell me it may not be so defunct.

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

Zen8

• My Photo Collections
Re: Adobe LR/PS bundle prices - V 2.0
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 01:42:05 pm »

In Canada and Mexico it still shows the Photo Plan at $9.99. At the US site it shows the plan at $19.99 for 1TB only but you can get LR only for $9.99.

However

Don’t despair, though: there are still a trick that you can use to get the old pricing. Simply contact Adobe Sales through phone (866-493-4989) or the online chat (the chat bubble in the bottom right corner of the page) and they can still sell you the $10/month plan (for now).

https://petapixel.com/2019/05/02/adobes-10-photography-plan-gone-from-site-cheapest-is-20-month/

We'll see if the old price is grandfathered in.   

Zen8

• My Photo Collections
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 01:45:32 pm »

Just to add Adobe does split testing once in a while to test the market. This is not the first time may not be permanent.

Rand47

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 02:16:12 pm »

In Canada and Mexico it still shows the Photo Plan at $9.99. At the US site it shows the plan at $19.99 for 1TB only but you can get LR only for $9.99.

However

Don’t despair, though: there are still a trick that you can use to get the old pricing. Simply contact Adobe Sales through phone (866-493-4989) or the online chat (the chat bubble in the bottom right corner of the page) and they can still sell you the $10/month plan (for now).

https://petapixel.com/2019/05/02/adobes-10-photography-plan-gone-from-site-cheapest-is-20-month/

We'll see if the old price is grandfathered in.   

What you suggest above is exactly what my friend did this morning.  And was told (supposedly at least) that as of today the real pricing is $19.95 for LR/PS and if you only want LR you can have that for the $9.95 rate.

I'm sincerely hoping to prove to be another "the sky is falling" poster here this morning, and DEAD wrong.  But ultimately... while I'd rather pay less than more, it is still the cheapest of my workflow expenses.

Rand
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 02:22:13 pm by Rand47 »
Rand Scott Adams

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 02:54:34 pm »

Moments ago on Amazon:

http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

RikkFlohr

• Adobe, Inc. - Photography Products
    • Rikk Flohr's Website
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2019, 02:59:47 pm »

From time to time, we run tests on Adobe.com which cover a range of items, including plan options that may or may not be presented to all visitors to Adobe.com. We are currently running a number of tests on Adobe.com. The plan can be purchased at http://www.adobe.com/go/photo18sptst, via phone at 1-800-585-0774 or via major retailers.
Rikk Flohr
Quality Engineer Customer Advocate - Photography Products
Adobe

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2019, 03:45:29 pm »

From time to time, we run tests on Adobe.com which cover a range of items, including plan options that may or may not be presented to all visitors to Adobe.com.

So, will those who buy the "test" get a refund?

Just wondering, since price discrimination is illegal in the European Community.

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 03:53:50 pm by Bart_van_der_Wolf »
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

hubell

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2019, 03:48:54 pm »

From time to time, we run tests on Adobe.com which cover a range of items, including plan options that may or may not be presented to all visitors to Adobe.com. We are currently running a number of tests on Adobe.com. The plan can be purchased at http://www.adobe.com/go/photo18sptst, via phone at 1-800-585-0774 or via major retailers.

Rick, I went to the Adobe site and I did not see ANYWHERE a similar plan available to the Photography Plan that I now have for $10 per month. However, you are saying that one can still get the same $10 per month plan if you call Adobe or you go to some "secret" location on the Adobe site? Seriously? I suggest you run that by your lawyers. If true, that's a pretty classic case of a false and deceptive business practice. 

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2019, 03:55:00 pm »

Just wondering, since price discrimination is illegal since the European Economic Community was established.

Different prices for new and existing customers isn't. You see it all the time with subscriptions for TV / internet / power etc. This mess is no different.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2019, 04:48:42 pm »

Different prices for new and existing customers isn't. You see it all the time with subscriptions for TV / internet / power etc. This mess is no different.

Those are action prices, that's something different than 2 customers having to pay different prices for the same product/service with the same vendor. Companies that try to get away with that face a fine up to 10 % of their worldwide sales.

Cheers,
Bart

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2019, 04:58:42 pm »

It's perfectly standard to offer different prices to new and existing customers, and to confuse the marketplace with little variations of their product bundles. One can't pretend that Adobe is doing anything unusual - no matter how ham-fistedly they're doing it.

StuartOnline

• Travels Photographer Stuart Schaefer
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2019, 05:03:14 pm »

On this site https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/subscription-price-increase.html
found this posted about existing membership:
Looks like everyones price is going up. 

I have an existing membership. When is my monthly fee going up?
If you have a month-to-month plan, you'll see the price increase on your statement at the next billing date that occurs on or after April 16, 2018.

If you have an annual plan and you:

Pay monthly — the new price goes into effect at the end of your annual term that ends on or after April 16, 2018.
Pre-pay annually — your price will not increase.

Cheers!

Stu

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2019, 05:15:31 pm »

The price increase is old news - April last year.

What is causing today's fuss is that some people are seeing only the Photography Plan (PS + real LR) with 1TB cloud space for $20. You could actually buy this combo before at the same price. But by Adobe failing to display the previous default PP with 20Gb at $10, people are naturally fearing the worst. Who would have thunk it?

ButchM

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2019, 11:10:13 pm »

But by Adobe failing to display the previous default PP with 20Gb at $10, people are naturally fearing the worst. Who would have thunk it?

Exactly the problem ... that crack marketing department has no one but themselves to blame for any confusion, misunderstanding and loss of good will they have intentionally created ... apparently with the blessing of the executives and managers that oversee such matters.

Too bad they have so little respect for their customers that they are willing to gamble away client loyalty on the chance to enhance the bottom line by obfuscating some offerings.

It's one thing for the local bank to offer a free toaster to new account holders ... it's quite another to make such offerings in a manner that would make long time depositors question if their savings are at risk.

This thread will end like the others on this topic ... locked while the Adobe marketing department continues to collect a check for their efforts. No matter how much they may muddy the waters in the process.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2019, 03:15:37 am »

A few minutes ago, I visited the Adobe UK site. Two clicks led me to a page where I could buy the photographic bundle I now use - LR, PS, 20GB - for the price I now pay - £9.99/month.

Jeremy

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2019, 04:05:22 am »

That's not surprising, Jeremy, since this and a previous similar test appear to be restricted to the US.

I've seen comments that Adobe are doing A/B or Split Testing, offering this $20 1tb bundle and hiding the $10 20gb to see how different sets of customers respond. In the age of social media this only seems to confuse and frighten their customers, rather like a drugs company testing new headache pills by leaving them on the counter next to the cough sweets and laxatives. I can only assume Adobe know what they are doing ::)

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2019, 05:02:19 am »

[...]
This thread will end like the others on this topic ... locked while the Adobe marketing department continues to collect a check for their efforts. No matter how much they may muddy the waters in the process.

It's more likely to end with a price increase for everybody (after a while). Just think of it, doubling your revenue without any serious effort to improve the service offered by that amount. Who could resist that when shareholders are the only ones who count?

Cheers,
Bart

Zen8

• My Photo Collections
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2019, 05:38:38 am »

On this site https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/subscription-price-increase.html
found this posted about existing membership:
Looks like everyones price is going up. 

I have an existing membership. When is my monthly fee going up?
If you have a month-to-month plan, you'll see the price increase on your statement at the next billing date that occurs on or after April 16, 2018.

If you have an annual plan and you:

Pay monthly — the new price goes into effect at the end of your annual term that ends on or after April 16, 2018.
Pre-pay annually — your price will not increase.

Cheers!

Stu

That was from last year and Adobe was already raked over the coals for it in various sites. Old news and here is what was effected. There was no doubling of anything.

DP

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2019, 06:24:56 am »

Who could resist that when shareholders are the only ones who count?
you are wrong (too idealistic) - the only ones who count are CEO's...

myotis

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2019, 06:45:53 am »

A few minutes ago, I visited the Adobe UK site. Two clicks led me to a page where I could buy the photographic bundle I now use - LR, PS, 20GB - for the price I now pay - £9.99/month.

Jeremy

Not everyone in the UK is seeing this. I am, but on a UK based forum, users are providing screen shots of the UK site that omit the 9.99 20gb option when clicking on the same link that I posted in the forum that is showing me the 9.99 20gb option.

I am guessing that Adobe are randomly showing different options based on ISP, or browser or something else.

Cheers,
Graham
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up