Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: fuji xt30  (Read 1840 times)

bluekorn

fuji xt30
« on: April 18, 2019, 06:28:06 pm »

I have the new Fuji xt30 with the 18-55 zoom. My question is about screen settings. I shoot predominantly in aperture priority. When I turn the camera on only the aperture and iso are displayed. With a half push of the shutter button the shutter speed appears and if I release the half press the shutter speed disappears. Is this the way it's supposed to work? In the wrench menu I have checked screen set up then display custom setting then I placed a check before aperture/shutter speed/iso. It seems to me that in days gone by with other cameras all three bits of info, shutter speed/aperature/iso appear when the camera is turned on in aperture priority mode. Also, when the camera lens is set to Program on the lens and I turn the camera on, only the iso appears without a display of the shutter speed and aperature. Then when I depress the shutter half way, the aperture and the shutter speed display and then disappear when I release the half press. Am I frustrated for no good reason? Maybe this is the way it's supposed to work

And, can anyone shed light on the command dials. For the life of me I can't figure out the front dial and the dial 1, dial 2, dial 3 choices. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you. Peter

David Sutton

• David Sutton Photography
Re: fuji xt30
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 11:34:23 pm »

Hello Peter.
I'm using an X-T2, but mostly the set up across Fuji cameras is similar.
To set up the command dials, press and hold the Disp/Back button
As to the rest, yes, that's the way it works.
You set the aperture/program priority on the lens. Iso and shutter speed on the top dials. I have exposure compensation set on the front command dial. I turn the exposure compensation dial until I can see detail in the highlights and then press the shutter.
I set up one of the function buttons to open the iso auto settings, where I have a minimum shutter speed entered and a maximum iso. I'm not sure where this is done on the T30 as it has fewer buttons but also a touch screen.
David

seekinglight

Re: fuji xt30
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 08:17:34 am »

In aperture priority the shutter speed will be calculated by the camera depending on what item you focus on. Focus on the sky, shutter speed will go high, focus on shadow, shutter speed will go low. The camera does not have a shutter speed determined (in aperture mode) until you focus and it determines shutter speed needed. Let up on the button, and again there is no shutter speed because camera doesn’t know the brightness of what you will next focus on.

In program mode, similar situation. No aperture or shutter speed is determined until the camera measures light from what you are focusing on -so it has no aperture or shutter info to show until you press button halfway. If you then let up on the button, it once again does not know what you will focus on, do shutter speed and aperture are not set.

I hope this answers you question. Incidentally the + and - buttons allow you to tell the camera to go brighter or darker than what it would normally calculate. This is if you find particular images too dark or too light. For example a bright shirt causing your subjects face to expose too dark, or a dark suit causing camera to overexpose subjects face.
Pages: [1]   Go Up