Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: fuji xt30  (Read 447 times)

bluekorn

fuji xt30
« on: April 18, 2019, 06:28:06 pm »

I have the new Fuji xt30 with the 18-55 zoom. My question is about screen settings. I shoot predominantly in aperture priority. When I turn the camera on only the aperture and iso are displayed. With a half push of the shutter button the shutter speed appears and if I release the half press the shutter speed disappears. Is this the way it's supposed to work? In the wrench menu I have checked screen set up then display custom setting then I placed a check before aperture/shutter speed/iso. It seems to me that in days gone by with other cameras all three bits of info, shutter speed/aperature/iso appear when the camera is turned on in aperture priority mode. Also, when the camera lens is set to Program on the lens and I turn the camera on, only the iso appears without a display of the shutter speed and aperature. Then when I depress the shutter half way, the aperture and the shutter speed display and then disappear when I release the half press. Am I frustrated for no good reason? Maybe this is the way it's supposed to work

And, can anyone shed light on the command dials. For the life of me I can't figure out the front dial and the dial 1, dial 2, dial 3 choices. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you. Peter

David Sutton

• David Sutton Photography
Re: fuji xt30
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 11:34:23 pm »

Hello Peter.
I'm using an X-T2, but mostly the set up across Fuji cameras is similar.
To set up the command dials, press and hold the Disp/Back button
As to the rest, yes, that's the way it works.
You set the aperture/program priority on the lens. Iso and shutter speed on the top dials. I have exposure compensation set on the front command dial. I turn the exposure compensation dial until I can see detail in the highlights and then press the shutter.
I set up one of the function buttons to open the iso auto settings, where I have a minimum shutter speed entered and a maximum iso. I'm not sure where this is done on the T30 as it has fewer buttons but also a touch screen.
David
Pages: [1]   Go Up