Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 75   Go Down

Author Topic: Brexit Encore  (Read 85469 times)

Rob C

Re: Brexit Encore
« Reply #540 on: July 22, 2019, 04:07:01 pm »

The Independent is er, unlikely ever to take a favourable view of anything Johnson either says or does. Think CNN and Trump.

Jeremy

Then they have been perfectly objective so far; when Boris does something positive, I'm sure they will report it. But I guess they know about leopards and spots.

I really shudder thinking that an overgrown schoolboy may well head up our nation, represent us in the eyes of the world. And you know what? I don't really blame him, I blame the madness that has filled the heads of this land and allowed these things to come to pass. If he does get the job, it'll be interesting - for anyone not affected - to look at the entourage that will surround the guy, that will guide him and flatter and coax. Wait - it's Britain of which we speak, easy to forget!

;-)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #541 on: July 23, 2019, 09:30:54 am »

Resignations because of the no-deal Brexit continue:

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #542 on: July 23, 2019, 09:54:58 am »

This is a photo site, so...

“27 Bizarre Pictures Of Britain's Next Prime Minister“

https://apple.news/AHtim1dGGQe-j0pkRTOSAzw

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #543 on: July 23, 2019, 10:08:19 am »

This is a photo site, so...

“27 Bizarre Pictures Of Britain's Next Prime Minister“

https://apple.news/AHtim1dGGQe-j0pkRTOSAzw

They only came up with twenty seven???

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #544 on: July 23, 2019, 10:28:41 am »

Looks like Boris and Donald use the same hair coloring.  They'll be able to compare notes and use each others hairdressers. 

Rob C

« Reply #545 on: July 23, 2019, 12:49:35 pm »

Looks like Boris and Donald use the same hair coloring.  They'll be able to compare notes and use each others hairdressers.

Nah, standard wigs.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #546 on: July 24, 2019, 04:58:54 pm »

The Remainers could make a lot of money if their wet dream comes (pardon the pun) true  ;)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #547 on: July 24, 2019, 06:26:51 pm »

Boris looks, well, weird.  Would someone buy him a comb.  He doesn;t present much confidence as a leader.  Sorry to say that.  I realize he's your PM. 

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #548 on: July 24, 2019, 09:09:15 pm »

Boris looks, well, weird. 

On the court or off the court?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #549 on: July 25, 2019, 06:39:40 am »

On the court or off the court?
Don't know what you mean.  Explain?

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #550 on: July 25, 2019, 06:47:38 am »

Don't know what you mean.  Explain?

I thought you were referring to the picture of Boris holding the racquet (posted above by Slobodan)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #551 on: July 25, 2019, 06:52:43 am »

I thought you were referring to the picture (posted above by Slobodan)
No.  Actually it was some news videos I saw on TV. But the tennis picture doesn;t help him either. Of course Trump's similar hairdo isn't flattering either.  Can you imagine a picture of the two of them playing tennis on the same team?  Good luck with Brexit.

Rob C

« Reply #552 on: July 25, 2019, 10:10:39 am »

Well, he's in. Let's see now if doing the same thing again, when you have no option, has a different result.
Europe has made it perfectly clear why there is no possibility of a new, different deal because of its very structure and regulations.

I reckon he's created a couple of very bitter people: high-ranking supporters who are suddenly jobless for no fathomable cause, one a lady. I am very interested in seeing whether or not there is reason in the old one about hell, fury and a woman scorned.

Ultima Hora, a local rag, had a great pair of pix, the original red Brexit bus with the fibs about the 350 million a week to the health service if we leave the EU - denied by them as "error" the very day they knew they'd won, and another, current red bus bearing a huge line saying Boris Lies!

In a little article elsewhere, they congratulate themselves (the Spanish) for having a hopeless government that is not, however, as hopeless as the dysfunctional ones of the US and the UK.

How the rest of the world sees us... just as well it doesn't read these columns.

:-)

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
« Reply #553 on: July 25, 2019, 11:43:27 am »

In a little article elsewhere, they congratulate themselves (the Spanish) for having a hopeless government that is not, however, as hopeless as the dysfunctional ones of the US and the UK.

It's not just the United States and the United Kingdom.  The populist wave of voter anger that is sweeping through many democratic countries has installed other improbable leaders, as well.

The political volatility produced by the transition to a "post-industrial" economy is rather like the weather volatility produced by the transition to a warmer climate.  The global trend may be predictable, but the localized effects are sometimes quite bizarre.

Rob C

« Reply #554 on: July 26, 2019, 12:08:33 pm »

It's not just the United States and the United Kingdom.  The populist wave of voter anger that is sweeping through many democratic countries has installed other improbable leaders, as well.

The political volatility produced by the transition to a "post-industrial" economy is rather like the weather volatility produced by the transition to a warmer climate.  The global trend may be predictable, but the localized effects are sometimes quite bizarre.

A post-industrial economy is itself an odd thought: we seem to need to make more and more useless "stuff" all the time. Got it! Stuff gets made elsewhere where it doesn't count!

The overhead cables that stretched yesterday, creating havoc with Britain's rail system, how does that get solved? Elastic cables? :-) A return to coal-powered trains?

I was wondering why heatwaves get credited with raised levels of crime: you'd think people would be too knackered to feel like enjoying a little crime.

:-)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #555 on: July 26, 2019, 03:53:29 pm »

think people are still angry about the 2008 recession that left a lot of hurt people and families.  People feel they've been left behind, ignored.  So when someone comes across as a populist who appears to have your concern, it attracts support.

In any case, the EU turned down more negotiations it seems to re-do Brexit terms.  Good luck. The Brits are on their own.  When will the exit begin?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vydV-3KQJQ

degrub

« Reply #556 on: July 26, 2019, 09:22:23 pm »

think people are still angry about the 2008 recession that left a lot of hurt people and families.  People feel they've been left behind, ignored.  So when someone comes across as a populist who appears to have your concern, it attracts support.

In any case, the EU turned down more negotiations it seems to re-do Brexit terms.  Good luck. The Brits are on their own.  When will the exit begin?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vydV-3KQJQ

I think it started back in the 1980’s when manufacturing really started to move supply chains further overseas and out of the US.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #557 on: July 26, 2019, 09:48:58 pm »

I think it started back in the 1980’s when manufacturing really started to move supply chains further overseas and out of the US.

I agree. It just got worse after 2008 recession when so many saw their life savings lost and jobs disappear.

What's interesting is that decades ago I wondered why Americans were building certain products at 5x or more times the cost in labor than for the same products overseas.  Why are we getting paid so much for the same labor?    Of course, that didn't last.  What happened is that the American jobs eventually disappeared for those products because of the higher labor cost.  As more and more foreigners develop the ability to build products at less labor cost, we'll lose more and more jobs. So our wealth will decrease as theirs increases.  I think some speculate that the US dollar being the international currency it is allows us to control this situation somewhat.  I don;t really know.  But the next 2008 is going to be a killer.  Wealth will be wiped out as the government prints money to keep the economy going.  It's going to be a bloodbath.

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #558 on: July 26, 2019, 10:21:34 pm »

They were separated at birth
https://www.frontpagelive.com/2019/07/23/why-the-us-still-trumps-the-uk-despite-getting-boris-the-donalds-twin-separated-at-birth-as-prime-minister/#0
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #559 on: July 26, 2019, 10:39:04 pm »

I already love him:
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 75   Go Up