Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to access LuLa from Tapatalk platform / app (iOS at least)  (Read 4438 times)

vikcious

Hi there,

It seems that something has changed about a week ago at LuLa because ever since I haven't been able to access the forum via my mobile (iPhone) via Tapatalk application. Please find attached the error messages I got while trying to connect to a thread.
To me it looks like the LuLa is running an outdated tapatalk plugin version "sm-2a_4.2.9" while the current one is "sm-2a_4.5.2". I hope you could fix this asap.

Looking forward for your reply.

Thanks,
Victor
|| One screw-up is a mistake, two screw-ups is a trend, three screw-ups is a style ||

Scott Hein

• Hein Natural History Photography
Re: Unable to access LuLa from Tapatalk platform / app (iOS at least)
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 06:16:51 pm »

I have been experiencing the same problem on Andriod.  However, LL now appears to have disappeared completey from Tapatalk.  Hopefully this is a short-term situation and not permanent!

-Scott

GreggP

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 03:48:01 pm »

I have been experiencing the same problem on Andriod.  However, LL now appears to have disappeared completey from Tapatalk.  Hopefully this is a short-term situation and not permanent!

-Scott

same here (Android phone)

Chris Batt

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 05:44:07 pm »

We will be updating our system to restore compatibility with Tapatalk within the hour. Please try again after further confirmation and we will sort out the interruption.
Webmaster, The Luminous Landscape

GreggP

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 10:31:50 am »

We will be updating our system to restore compatibility with Tapatalk within the hour. Please try again after further confirmation and we will sort out the interruption.

Still not working for me on Android.

vikcious

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 01:25:50 am »

4 days later and the situations hasn't changed! :(
|| One screw-up is a mistake, two screw-ups is a trend, three screw-ups is a style ||

vikcious

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2019, 03:25:07 am »

Hi Chris. Looks like 10 days after your announced changes to the site we're still stuck with bugs. Not the one I have initially announced but a new one that make trying to access LuLa's forums from Tapatalk useless.
I am paying user of LuLa's, I have even rasief a ticket via email that was never answered and still the broken site functionality is there! Please enlighten me how should I treat this kind of ignorance?! 😔😔😔

josh.reichmann

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2019, 06:48:24 am »

Hi Chris. Looks like 10 days after your announced changes to the site we're still stuck with bugs. Not the one I have initially announced but a new one that make trying to access LuLa's forums from Tapatalk useless.
I am paying user of LuLa's, I have even rasief a ticket via email that was never answered and still the broken site functionality is there! Please enlighten me how should I treat this kind of ignorance?! 😔😔😔

Chris is working over time on multiple catch-up issues born of this large migration of the site and separate one of the forum itself.

Many of the (temp) issues are due to the reasonable unknowns presented in such a move, others are a bi-product of messy code designed by the outgoing team, which we are cleaning up and encountering now while the site undergoes this stress test.

All of this considered, Chris is doing a truly stellar job and we should all be grateful that he and the team are keeping us in such good shape while these bugs are put to rest.

It is a 20 year old site (let that detonate for a moment), and so there is a treasure and maze of material.

This is the nature of the beast.

I understand the frustration and can assure you that Chris is juggling all of this and not letting down a single ball, except for perhaps a few updates which would likely go a long way to generate tolerance, I agree!

Apologies for your distress. I’ll forward him this thread again in the off chance he has overlooked your latest.

Best
Josh
Compassion and wisdom are inextricably linked.

vikcious

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2019, 04:47:59 am »

Chris is working over time on multiple catch-up issues born of this large migration of the site and separate one of the forum itself.

Many of the (temp) issues are due to the reasonable unknowns presented in such a move, others are a bi-product of messy code designed by the outgoing team, which we are cleaning up and encountering now while the site undergoes this stress test.

All of this considered, Chris is doing a truly stellar job and we should all be grateful that he and the team are keeping us in such good shape while these bugs are put to rest.

It is a 20 year old site (let that detonate for a moment), and so there is a treasure and maze of material.

This is the nature of the beast.

I understand the frustration and can assure you that Chris is juggling all of this and not letting down a single ball, except for perhaps a few updates which would likely go a long way to generate tolerance, I agree!

Apologies for your distress. I’ll forward him this thread again in the off chance he has overlooked your latest.

Best
Josh

Thanks for picking this up. Maybe a bit more communication from the LuLa team on this issues and the efforts they put into fixing would be beneficial for everybody.

josh.reichmann

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2019, 12:39:27 pm »

^ yes.

GreggP

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2019, 07:04:21 pm »

Any progress?

Chris Batt

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2019, 11:39:46 pm »

Hello all concerned Tapatalk users, we continue to experience a delay in getting Luminous Landscape activated on Tapatalk, since it was de-listed on their end. Further to this, we identified several security issues in the code on LuLa used to interact with their servers.

So, at this time, we are holding until these issues are resolved. We value the safety and security of all members and the site property, and would not take any shortcuts to re-implement this in such a state as to endanger anyone's privacy.

We regret this state of things, and thank-you for your patience.
Webmaster, The Luminous Landscape

vikcious

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2019, 09:40:12 am »

Hello all concerned Tapatalk users, we continue to experience a delay in getting Luminous Landscape activated on Tapatalk, since it was de-listed on their end. Further to this, we identified several security issues in the code on LuLa used to interact with their servers.

So, at this time, we are holding until these issues are resolved. We value the safety and security of all members and the site property, and would not take any shortcuts to re-implement this in such a state as to endanger anyone's privacy.

We regret this state of things, and thank-you for your patience.

3 months later, are you still fighting the dreaded Gods of security for the benefit of your mobile minions? I'd say the pace you're trying to solve things is slooooooooow as hell at best! Any updates, please?

Dale Villeponteaux

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2019, 10:26:38 am »

I don't use tapatalk, so I'm able to
remain polite and composed.

Regards,
Dale
My avatar isn't an accurate portrayal; I have much less hair.

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2019, 05:05:05 am »

Regards,
Dale

Not really. You generally say Tapatalk users are not polite.

Thanks for that.  :(

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2019, 05:07:23 am »

Regards,
Dale

Moreover, I think there is ground to be a bit frustrated about this topic.
I was informed that Tapatalk functionality will NOT come back, why not openly communicate this fact?

It is a miracle how mobile users still do the effort to post on Lula using the incredibly obsolete and practical unworkable mobile version of the site. O, and I’m a paying member, not one of the ‘free’ users.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 05:13:27 am by Ivo_B »

josh.reichmann

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2019, 09:53:25 am »

Moreover, I think there is ground to be a bit frustrated about this topic.
I was informed that Tapatalk functionality will NOT come back, why not openly communicate this fact?

It is a miracle how mobile users still do the effort to post on Lula using the incredibly obsolete and practical unworkable mobile version of the site. O, and I’m a paying member, not one of the ‘free’ users.

You’re correct on one level.
Forum site is being updated to finally be mobile friendly.

Chris our web master will add more.

Thanks
Josh

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2019, 11:18:06 am »

Tapatalk is a nuisance and best kept away from LuLa.

jeremyrh

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2019, 11:47:24 am »

Tapatalk is a nuisance and best kept away from LuLa.

Dunno about that - tapatalk makes it much harder to post, so it might be good for some members to use it :-)

Guillermo Luijk

• http://www.guillermoluijk.com
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2020, 04:01:34 pm »

"Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic."
-> yes I'm sure, the alternative was to open a new Tapatalk thread :)

Not being able to visit the forum with Tapatalk is fine as long as it can still be accessed using a browser on the mobile phone. The problem is that if you have installed Tapatalk on your mobile, there must remain some code hidden in LL that automatically deep links from the browser in the smartphone to Tapatalk. Since Tapatalk cannot access the forum, this means that maybe the forum cannot be accessed in any way with an Android smartphone with Tapatalk installed (tested on Huawei P8 Lite and Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G).

Someone else having the same issue? are the admin. aware in case it's a general issue?

Regards
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up