Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Tapatalk  (Read 2539 times)

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
Tapatalk
« on: April 03, 2019, 04:56:04 pm »

Hi,

Is someone else experiencing trouble to log in with Tapatalk? Since the renewal of my subscription Ivo_B, my Ivophoto account on Tapatalk doesn't work anymore. And I can't log in with my Ivo_B account through Tapatalk as well....

Sent mails and posted on the help desk...

Maybe somebody in the coffee corner can help, or share the frustration?

:o

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Tapatalk
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 05:35:36 pm »

The current email address for help: webmaster@luminous-landscape.com

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 03:14:57 am »

The current email address for help: webmaster@luminous-landscape.com

Thank Slobodan, mid-while, the crew is working on the issue. Hopefully it get saved soon...

Cheers

calindustries

• http://www.craiglacourt.com
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 12:06:31 am »

I can’t find it on tapatalk anymore

Rob C

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 08:43:49 am »

Having rejected all those intrusions into my life, I am seldom disappointed by them, naturally enough.

On the broader scale, it has always surprised me how people were willing to accept the tyranny of being constantly at the beck and call of employers, "friends" or other pains in the ass who could so easily ruin a good lunch or whatever else you may choose to do with your official time out of the office. What became of the established concept of being paid for the hours between your official start and finish, with your remaining time your own, sacred and inviolable?

Being available never made anyone a good guy, just somebody else unable to say no!

As with so much, folks end up with only themselves to blame for allowing such erosions of self.

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 06:27:50 am »

I can’t find it on tapatalk anymore

I got feedback from the crew.
Lula will not be on Tapatalk anymore. And a mobile version of the site is not in the pipeline.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2019, 10:05:25 am »

... Lula will not be on Tapatalk anymore...

Yay!!!

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2019, 02:51:41 pm »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2019, 03:35:06 pm »

Why?

The most annoying thing before AOC, for two reasons:

1. Ads

2. They were the reason political discussions were banned initially.

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2019, 02:31:05 am »

The most annoying thing before AOC, for two reasons:

1. Ads

2. They were the reason political discussions were banned initially.

Ha ok.
I didn’t have ads. I have a payed version.
I didn’t know Tapatalk had influence on the forum content. This surely not ok.

Also not ok is the fact there is no open communication to paying members who ask why a feature is taken away.
Not be able to follow Lula on a mobile device is a serious drawback. Posting pictures in a thread via tapatalk is elegant and easy and looks better than the upload via Lula.
Because there is no mobile version of the site, contributing to Lula on a mobile device is cumbersome.

So Jeremy’s answer, why political discussions came back and what his decision ground was, “Just a whim” was basically a pedantic shutting up of a member who actually pays to help the Lula community.

Good work, Lula team.

Anyhow. I have to decide if I’m going to continue putting effort in this sinking ship.

Rob C

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2019, 03:49:42 am »

Ha ok.
I didn’t have ads. I have a payed version.
I didn’t know Tapatalk had influence on the forum content. This surely not ok.

Also not ok is the fact there is no open communication to paying members who ask why a feature is taken away.
Not be able to follow Lula on a mobile device is a serious drawback. Posting pictures in a thread via tapatalk is elegant and easy and looks better than the upload via Lula.
Because there is no mobile version of the site, contributing to Lula on a mobile device is cumbersome.

So Jeremy’s answer, why political discussions came back and what his decision ground was, “Just a whim” was basically a pedantic shutting up of a member who actually pays to help the Lula community.

Good work, Lula team.

Anyhow. I have to decide if I’m going to continue putting effort in this sinking ship.

Well, Ivo, if you find your loyalty is more to a device/system than to the website, that hand is yours to play.

For myself, I enjoy LuLa on two supports: my computer at home or my iPad when I'm having lunch somewhere. My cellphone is a device usually off, and reserved for emergencies which I hope not to have to face.

As for "sinking ships": like all websites that depend on public readership, or finance, that's always going to be measured by the particular interest of the person taking part.

No place is better than its content, and insofar as I am concerned, that content lives in three boxes: the freely given advice on matters technical that you can find in the different how-to slots; the pay-for items that hold little to no interest for me (I know what I like in photogaphy and how to do it); the conversational parts. That latter part, the conversation box, to me, provides the greatest pleasure of the three. I get to converse in my own language; I find people I like and grow to respect, and others who drive me crazy because they are clearly beyond redemption and quite incapable of thinking beyond the tribal catechism.

If you want LuLa to change or grow, contribute more material.

Rob

rabanito

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2019, 04:01:04 am »

Good work, Lula team.

Well this is how it works.
I also got a "just shut up" based on "My occasional capriciousness (sic)" as an argument, which I consider unsatisfactory.

BUT:
Compared with what I get/got from LuLa this kind of incident is unimportant. Nothing is perfect.
Just my humble experience

Don't go Ivo, we need you to discuss photography, that's what matters  ;)

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2019, 04:39:55 am »

Well, Ivo, if you find your loyalty is more to a device/system than to the website, that hand is yours to play.

For myself, I enjoy LuLa on two supports: my computer at home or my iPad when I'm having lunch somewhere. My cellphone is a device usually off, and reserved for emergencies which I hope not to have to face.

As for "sinking ships": like all websites that depend on public readership, or finance, that's always going to be measured by the particular interest of the person taking part.

No place is better than its content, and insofar as I am concerned, that content lives in three boxes: the freely given advice on matters technical that you can find in the different how-to slots; the pay-for items that hold little to no interest for me (I know what I like in photogaphy and how to do it); the conversational parts. That latter part, the conversation box, to me, provides the greatest pleasure of the three. I get to converse in my own language; I find people I like and grow to respect, and others who drive me crazy because they are clearly beyond redemption and quite incapable of thinking beyond the tribal catechism.

If you want LuLa to change or grow, contribute more material.

Rob

I do contribute, Rob. I think I ‘m one of the few who deliver content about photography in its broadest sense.
It is sad to read it is the political discussions issue that troubled the Tapatalk functionality.

It is a practical thing, replying at Lula on a iPhone is near to impossible.
I don’t walk around with my MacBook anymore, it’s 2019. My iPhone deals with all communication tasks.

Installing a mobile compatible forum would solve the issue. It can’t be to hard to do.
If I would be a free guest, I would not even think to comment. But I pay the yearly fee, so I may expect better reply than a shut up and via PM arguments which are apparently  an aberration of the truth.
Don’t understand me wrong,  I’m not in place to dictate requirements, but I’m entitled to get honest feedback on questions about the site that I financially support even it’s only a little bit.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 04:49:14 am by Ivo_B »

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2019, 04:52:56 am »

Don't go Ivo, we need you to discuss photography, that's what matters  ;)

This is the only reason I'm here. If it was for the kind and friendly reaction under my work, I would already be gone a year ago.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 07:22:31 am by Ivo_B »

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2019, 04:54:23 am »

I find people I like and grow to respect, and others who drive me crazy because they are clearly beyond redemption and quite incapable of thinking beyond the tribal catechism.

Rob

And to what category do I belong in your perception?  :-\

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2019, 05:04:30 am »

Since when do you care?   :P ;D ;D ;D ;D
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2019, 05:10:54 am »

This is not about loyalty to a device, Rob. Social media is an on the fly thing. If I have ten minutes between two meetings, I like to spend time on Lula, or even while taking a dump  ;D, it's fun to check Lula. Or while my lady is looking at here favorite Netflix serie and I sit aside her in the coach, I like to check Lula on my phone.
Replying and contributing with pictures on the iPhone using Tapatalk is much more convenient than on the full web version of the site. The integration with the photo's on my phone is great and since I use Lightroom CC I have immediate access to photo's I put in a synchronized collection called Lula. Even the posts done with Tapatalk look much better, the picture comes nice and big in the thread, no need to click to open the image...

But no need to further elaborate. It is what it is.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 05:14:31 am by Ivo_B »

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2019, 05:13:01 am »

Since when do you care?   :P ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hahahaha, 0-1 for Oscar.

Actually, I value Rob's opinion, he is one of the professionals with proven state of merit here on Lula who are enough down to earth to segregate the bull shit from the rest.

Rob C

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2019, 06:14:12 am »

Obviously to one or the other!

The good thing is that you don't seem stuck in a political maze like some seem to be stuck. But hey, Europeans are sometimes broad-minded enough to see through a lot of stuff for what it is: fun, stupid or real.

;-)

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2019, 06:30:01 am »

If anyone here wants to keep this ship afloat then contribute both content and money. I believe Ivo does both and as such is a valued contributor. I'd be sorry to see him leave.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up