This is a digression from the intent of the OP for this thread. But let me offer something from my experience with Museo Silver Rag. A year or two ago I began having issues with my prints having white spots appear either immediately out of the printer, or after the print had cured. I went crazy trying to figure this out. Took months to track down the cause. VERY long story short, it was Museo Silver Rag paper that was “shedding” white particles inside my printer(s). These tiny (and sometimes not so tiny) flakes would find their way onto the surface of other papers being fed into the printer, get inked, then fall off the print subsequently. I’m meticulous about keeping my printers clean, dust free, covered when not actually in use, etc., so the “problem” was driving me bonkers. Mark may even remember me trying to get help on what might be the cause. I even tried blowing the sheets off with canned air and wiping the edges of the paper with microfiber cloth prior to feeding it into the printer. No joy. I think that as the paper flexed (even very slightly) in the printers’ feed mechanisms (Epson 4880, R3000, SC P800) it must have been shedding materials from the edges.
So, suffice to say Museo Silver Rag is anathema to me now and will never be within 100’ of any of my printers going forward. To be fair, it is possible that I had several bad batches of this paper - but I don’t think so. Since I’ve banned it from my studio, I’ve never again experienced the flaking/white spot issues.
The remaining stock (sheets and roll) that I had went in the trash. I’d not sell it to anyone for conscience sake.
This situation was one of those “too bad” things for me, because I really loved the look and feel of Museo Silver Rag and it produced some wonderful prints.
For what it’s worth.
Rand