Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe new "AI Enhanced Details"  (Read 8259 times)

kers

• Pieter Kers
Re: Adobe new "AI Enhanced Details"
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2019, 03:01:27 pm »

I am interested in replacing my 2012 Mac Mini. It says Enhanced Details it will take 6 minutes, but the end it doesn't process the whole image leaving large black squares. I don't mind waiting a little, but I'd like to have some idea that it will actually work on the 2018 Mac Mini.
AHA - that is probably why they did not make it the new raw developing standard...
Problem with the mac mini is the basic GPU...
Must say what i see is an improving in small fonts at pixels size and less moiré- so very small details... In most images you would not see any difference, only if you search for it and be able to compare.
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2019, 05:06:28 pm »

I am interested in replacing my 2012 Mac Mini. It says Enhanced Details it will take 6 minutes, but the end it doesn't process the whole image leaving large black squares. I don't mind waiting a little, but I'd like to have some idea that it will actually work on the 2018 Mac Mini.

This is very hardware-dependent, and I don't think you can get any assurance before testing it yourself, and with your raw files. I see the problem all the time with Fuji Xt2 files on my MacBookAir, which processes bigger Nikon D800 files just fine. My Windows PC processes both types of file. In any case, it's very hard to distinguish the benefit, so I wouldn't factor ED into your purchasing decision.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 05:25:45 pm by john beardsworth »

faberryman

« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2019, 05:47:35 pm »

In any case, it's very hard to distinguish the benefit, so I wouldn't factor ED into your purchasing decision.
If that is the case, no real need to upgrade until LR no longer supports High Sierra.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up