Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Camera backpack for carryon - flying.  (Read 7628 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Camera backpack for carryon - flying.
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2019, 10:00:47 am »

Can highly recommend the Tenba Shootout 24L backpack.  Very comfortable, good smart design too.  Works within guidelines for carry-on.

It used to be that dimensions alone determined the guidelines. Not any more. Weight is added and can be very limiting, depending on the airline and type of ticket. Whether you could charm the attendant by your disarming smile, or pretend that it isn’t heavy, is a gamble. I do not fly frequently, but of my four recent international flights, it had to be weighed three times.

TommyWeir

Re: Camera backpack for carryon - flying.
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2019, 11:14:03 am »

Indeed weight has become an issue.  The bag itself being relatively light to the kit inside it of course... the decision on what to pack is really the key factor.   Have only had cabin baggage weighed once, by Ryanair in France, they weighed every bag for every one, not a hope of making it look light.   

Another incident, I remembered I had a small hunting knife in my jacket pocket in Nice, I remembered this at check-in, popped it in my check-in bag before handing it over.   I turned around with my boarding card to see an armed soldier right behind me.  He followed me all the way to the gate, an hour and a half later.  Not the most relaxing time I've had at an airport.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up