Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Broken functionality in 12.0.1?  (Read 1645 times)

Mike Dale

Broken functionality in 12.0.1?
« on: January 29, 2019, 05:47:19 pm »

I've typically been using the Edit With function in Capture One 12 to run Topaz Studio in particular the AI Clear which I really like. Other times I've opened with Affinity Photo. Now for some reason since downloading 12.0.1 I can no longer make this work. The Edit Variant option is greyed out.

Any thoughts?

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
Re: Broken functionality in 12.0.1?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 04:18:53 am »

From the release notes for version 12.0.1:

Editing images in external applications other than Adobe Photoshop might result in unexpected behavior.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 04:58:30 am »

I've typically been using the Edit With function in Capture One 12 to run Topaz Studio in particular the AI Clear which I really like. Other times I've opened with Affinity Photo. Now for some reason since downloading 12.0.1 I can no longer make this work. The Edit Variant option is greyed out.

Any thoughts?

Hi Mike,

I'm on Win10, and have no issues. It does take a little while for the list of options to build-up, and then become selectable.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

LeonD

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 07:54:53 am »

First time I launched 12.0.1, my Affinity Photo was not there.  I believe I selected Other... and added it.  I was there after that.  Next time I launched CO, Affinity was there along with a few other, "Edit With" possibilities.

If that doesn't work, you might also be able to go into Preferences -> Plug Ins and add it there.

IanSeward

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 08:58:13 am »

Any thoughts?

You can go to the plugin preference page and add editors from there.  You can also choose which of the added editors are shown in the list when you select "edit with".  C1Pro had added Windows Paint???? which I am certainly not going to need :-)

Ian

Mike Dale

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2019, 04:13:11 pm »

Full marks to Ian.

It wasn't that I couldn't select Edit With Topaz Studio, it just never gave me the option to Edit Variants.

As Ian suggested I went into preferences and checked the boxes for Affinity and Topaz Studio and that works.

I'm pretty sure I didn't have to do that in 12.0.0.

Thanks for the help Guys.

MostlyPhotos

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2019, 04:27:27 am »

Yes. Good Job Ian.. saved me some extended frustration.

'Edit With' had stopped working correctly for me also - The 'Edit Variants' action button was greyed out.
The solution as suggested is to go into preferences -> plugins and enable the Open With Menu 1.0.0

In my case the update appears to introduced this change. Odd perhaps that PS 2019 still appeared in the menu and in-fact since enabling the preference PS 2019 no appears twice!

jeremyrh

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 10:55:35 am »

What's specially odd is that I swear I could use Edit With ... Affinity  for a bit with 12.0.1, but then it stopped working. I'm "sure" (but can't check) that I...

used Edit With, succeeded
went to another image, failed
restarted C1
used Edit With, succeeded
went to another image, failed
restarted C1, failed since then ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up