Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25   Go Down

Author Topic: Z mount native lenses  (Read 66533 times)

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Re: Z mount native lenses
« Reply #220 on: September 30, 2019, 01:28:21 am »

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #221 on: September 30, 2019, 05:14:15 am »

Like the bokeh of this 85mm lens....  - looks very nice.
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #222 on: September 30, 2019, 05:19:08 am »

Like the bokeh of this 85mm lens....  - looks very nice.

They will have a hard time selling the 85mm f1.2 considering how good the f1.8 is.

Cheers,
Bernard

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #223 on: September 30, 2019, 12:26:34 pm »

They will have a hard time selling the 85mm f1.2 considering how good the f1.8 is.

Cheers,
Bernard

Bernard, did you mean the 50mm f/1.2 or do you believe there will be an 85mm f/1.2 any time soon?

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #224 on: September 30, 2019, 04:18:21 pm »

Bernard, did you mean the 50mm f/1.2 or do you believe there will be an 85mm f/1.2 any time soon?

A rumored roadmap was leaked a few weeks ago with a 85mm f1.2 on it.

That makes total sense since Nikon is apparently going for at least a 2 line up primes strategy here:
- f1.8 S - uncompromised quality but lightweight
- f1.2 S - uncompromised

Besides, Canon has one... ;)

Btw, my guess is that they will add a third non S lineup of very compact pancake lenses that will not be up to S standard of quality, but this is just a guess.

Now, the 85mm f1.8 S is really incredibly good. I have a hard time thinking about any high end portrait application that wouldn’t be served optimally by this lens. I makes me have second thoughts about my GFX100 and 110mm f2.0... since I like the Nikon a little better overall. The compact and lightweights combo with the Z7 is really liberating for casual portrait work, and the results are mind blowingly good.

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 04:23:52 pm by BernardLanguillier »

KLaban

« Reply #225 on: September 30, 2019, 04:41:11 pm »

A rumored roadmap was leaked a few weeks ago with a 85mm f1.2 on it.

That makes total sense since Nikon is apparently going for at least a 2 line up primes strategy here:
- f1.8 S - uncompromised quality but lightweight
- f1.2 S - uncompromised

Besides, Canon has one... ;)

Btw, my guess is that they will add a third non S lineup of very compact pancake lenses that will not be up to S standard of quality, but this is just a guess.

Now, the 85mm f1.8 S is really incredibly good. I have a hard time thinking about any high end portrait application that wouldn’t be served optimally by this lens. I makes me have second thoughts about my GFX100 and 110mm f2.0... since I like the Nikon a little better overall. The compact and lightweights combo with the Z7 is really liberating for casual portrait work, and the results are mind blowingly good.

Cheers,
Bernard

Hi Bernard, my 85mm came in a few weeks back while I was away and I haven't yet had the chance to use it. I bought it with my next trip to India in mind: can hardly wait!

So far I've found the 1.8 S lenses to be a good compromise regarding weight and size and without compromising my expectations of quality. Pleased as punch.

KLaban

« Reply #226 on: September 30, 2019, 04:51:21 pm »

Glamour Wall. Z7, 50mm f/1.8 S.

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #227 on: October 02, 2019, 03:08:01 am »

The 24mm f1.8 S was finally announced in Japan today (they have hired a new marketing person?) and will ship on 18-Oct.

Cheers,
Bernard

jeremyrh

« Reply #228 on: October 02, 2019, 03:45:14 am »

No sign of 70-200 :-(

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #229 on: October 02, 2019, 07:08:20 am »

No sign of 70-200 :-(

The sole maketing guy has devised a tactics that he announces the next lens the day of availability of the previous one.

He cannot do more from a bandwidth standpoint.

So either the 70-200 f2.8 or the 58mm f0.95 should be announced around Oct-18th. ;)

Cheers,
Bernard

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #230 on: October 02, 2019, 09:07:28 pm »

It looks like we will soon have an APS-C camera based on the Z mount.

https://nikonrumors.com/2019/10/02/nikon-z50-aps-c-mirrorless-camera-additional-information.aspx/

Nikon has apparently followed the Sony strategy in terms of using a single mount for FF and APS-C mirrorless bodies, which makes total sense. This means that FF Z lenses will most probably be usable on the Z50 (an interesting incentive for Z6/Z7 users looking for an even more compact body), but also that all the F mount DX and FF lenses will be usable also. It should make the migration from existing users to the mirrorless APS-C body a lot easier.

Another demonstration of the importance given by Nikon to the continued usage of legacy lenses.

This leaves Canon once again very isolated with they 4 incompatible mounts strategy.

Cheers,
Bernard

armand

• Photos
« Reply #231 on: October 02, 2019, 10:05:23 pm »

This means that FF Z lenses will most probably be usable on the Z50 (an interesting incentive for Z6/Z7 users looking for an even more compact body),

The Z7 has the same sensor density so it doesn't make much sense to get this body if you already have the Z7 and I doubt it will be that much smaller.
It has to be significantly cheaper to entice new buyers, lots of options out there now.

BJL

« Reply #232 on: October 02, 2019, 11:01:55 pm »

The Z7 has the same sensor density so it doesn't make much sense to get this body if you already have the Z7 and I doubt it will be that much smaller.
It has to be significantly cheaper to entice new buyers, lots of options out there now.
Indeed the rumoured price is far less than a Z7 or even Z6. I see it more as a far less expensive only camera, or a telephoto friendly partner to a Z6, rather than paired with a Z7.

I’m puzzled by the idea of a 20 MP sensor though, with 24-28MP the new mainstream.

Martin Kristiansen

• Martin Kristiansen
« Reply #233 on: October 03, 2019, 01:29:41 am »

It’s a great move to release an APSC sensor camera with the same mount. I have been saying so for ages with the Sony and most everyone argued against it as an advantage and most predicted the demise of APSC anyway.

It’s been painfully slow but Nikon’s mirrorless future is starting take shape quite nicely.
Commercial photography is 10% inspiration and 90% moving furniture around.

SrMi

« Reply #234 on: October 03, 2019, 11:29:02 am »

It’s a great move to release an APSC sensor camera with the same mount. I have been saying so for ages with the Sony and most everyone argued against it as an advantage and most predicted the demise of APSC anyway.

It’s been painfully slow but Nikon’s mirrorless future is starting take shape quite nicely.

For a manufacturer that sells both full-frame and APS-C cameras & lenses it is standard to use the same lens mount (e.g., Nikon's F-mount, Leica's TL mount).

armand

• Photos
« Reply #235 on: October 03, 2019, 01:51:14 pm »

Unless they open the mount they won't catch Sony, probably ever. Look at how many lenses Sigma, Tamron and Zeiss released specifically for the FE mount. Some of those lenses are very attractive and I don't seen Nikon producing them anytime soon.

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #236 on: October 03, 2019, 05:17:43 pm »

Unless they open the mount they won't catch Sony, probably ever. Look at how many lenses Sigma, Tamron and Zeiss released specifically for the FE mount. Some of those lenses are very attractive and I don't seen Nikon producing them anytime soon.

True, but my F to Z adapter works well for static or slow moving subjects so I already have access to the full portfolio of Sony FE mount lenses.

The thing being that I don’t see many I find that attractive. As of now mostly the 135mm f1.8.

Cheers,
Bernard

armand

• Photos
« Reply #237 on: October 03, 2019, 07:12:42 pm »

I presume you meant FE to Z adapter.

I like some of the Tamron zooms which seem to offer good image quality in a reasonably sized package. Also some of the Zeiss primes.

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #238 on: October 03, 2019, 09:35:59 pm »

I presume you meant FE to Z adapter.

Yes, sorry.

Cheers,
Bernard

KLaban

« Reply #239 on: October 05, 2019, 09:18:51 am »