Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25   Go Down

Author Topic: Z mount native lenses  (Read 66738 times)

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
Re: Z mount native lenses
« Reply #140 on: May 07, 2019, 03:34:04 pm »

I have EFCS enabled on one of the 'User' Settings' - amongst other tweaks to those settings - when shooting my typically poorly lit abandoned interiors.

John Camp

« Reply #141 on: May 07, 2019, 07:39:44 pm »

Thanks Pieter.

This is the way I had my Hasselblad H system set up, with the release independent of the AF.

I also downloaded the Thom Hogan Guide which has been a godsend.

Based on your comment, I went to Thom's site intending to download the guide for the Z6. I've gotten a couple of his guides, years ago, and they were good. But this one...it says it's 1010 pages long. That's a thousand and ten pages. Can that be right?

D Fuller

• AirStream Pictures
« Reply #142 on: May 07, 2019, 09:38:06 pm »

Based on your comment, I went to Thom's site intending to download the guide for the Z6. I've gotten a couple of his guides, years ago, and they were good. But this one...it says it's 1010 pages long. That's a thousand and ten pages. Can that be right?

Yes, that’s right. There’s a lot to this camera. The guide is well-organized and well worth the $30.
business website: www.airstream.pictures
blog: thirtynineframes.com/blog

KLaban

« Reply #143 on: May 08, 2019, 03:32:36 am »

Yes.

It is a well informed and very helpful guide and also has a lot of background material on the Z6 & Z7. Particularly useful for this newbie to the Nikon full frame digital systems. The search facility was a godsend.

Happy reading.

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #144 on: May 09, 2019, 06:23:42 am »

Z7 + 24-70 f2.8 S

Insane flare and light spill resistance.

Cheers,
Bernard

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #145 on: May 09, 2019, 07:08:57 am »

Z7 + 24-70 f2.8 S

Insane flare and light spill resistance.

Cheers,
Bernard

Except for the green dot on the leaves and the greenish tinge lh side. Of course, considering the picture, something is to be expected, and then, yes, it is well controlled.

Having said that: would you please be careful with that camerasensor, Bernard. Otherwise I am forced to confiscate your camera for callous abuse. It would be entirely for your own well being, and I would obviously be careful enough to keep te camera in good condition while it is under my care by using it regularly...
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #146 on: May 09, 2019, 07:31:56 am »

Except for the green dot on the leaves and the greenish tinge lh side. Of course, considering the picture, something is to be expected, and then, yes, it is well controlled.

I am looking at the image at 100% and I see green all over the leaves... which may be related to fact that leaves are green? ;)

Having said that: would you please be careful with that camerasensor, Bernard. Otherwise I am forced to confiscate your camera for callous abuse. It would be entirely for your own well being, and I would obviously be careful enough to keep te camera in good condition while it is under my care by using it regularly...

I am really touched by how considerate you are.

Cheers,
Bernard

armand

• Photos
« Reply #147 on: July 13, 2019, 11:17:21 pm »

https://www.dpreview.com/articles/3377004454/hands-on-with-new-sigma-35mm-f1-2-45mm-f2-8-and-14-24mm-lenses

Another reason Nikon should have opened the mount for other companies, similar to Sony.
I'll be going for a hiking trip soon and I decided to take the Z7. The 24-70 F4 is a good fit although something in the 24-105/120 would be much better but so far nothing similar is on the roadmap.  Adapting the Nikon 24-120 F4 doesn't look too appealing.
Moving to wide I guess the 14-30 is OK for landscape but I might have a shot at nightscapes so I want a brighter lens; missing in action too so you have to go for adapted, and I'll get the Samyang 14 2.8 with the FTZ adapter. When you look at the weight of the 14+FTZ is actually lighter than the Samyang 14 for the Z mount, so you feel good about it. Until you peak in Sony's yard and see that the 16-35 2.8 GM is actually lighter and the new Sigma 14-24 2.8 is just a touch heavier. I think the new 14-24 2.8 S from Nikon has a lot on its shoulders. If it doesn't perform and/or it's too heavy than it goes any justification for the advantage of the wider Z-mount.

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #148 on: July 14, 2019, 05:48:39 pm »

I wouldn’t be worried.

It took Canon 8 years to release a competitor to the Nikon 14-24mm f2.8, Nikon is on top of the game for ultra wide.

The 14-24mm f2.8 S will be the best ultra wide zoom lens ever designed just like the 24-70mm f2.8 S is the best pro zoom ever designed.

Cheers,
Bernard

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #151 on: August 06, 2019, 03:34:46 am »

https://www.dpreview.com/samples/0263156990/nikon-z-35mm-f1-8-s-sample-gallery?utm_source=self-desktop&utm_medium=marquee&utm_campaign=traffic_source

The same lens that was described by DPreview TV as having one of the worst looks ever...

Cheers,
Bernard

KLaban

« Reply #152 on: August 06, 2019, 04:24:17 am »

https://www.dpreview.com/samples/0263156990/nikon-z-35mm-f1-8-s-sample-gallery?utm_source=self-desktop&utm_medium=marquee&utm_campaign=traffic_source

The same lens that was described by DPreview TV as having one of the worst looks ever...

Cheers,
Bernard

Hi Bernard, I've no idea of the history here, did DPreview have a bad copy or was their testing flawed perhaps?

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #153 on: August 06, 2019, 04:33:57 am »

Hi Bernard, I've no idea of the history here, did DPreview have a bad copy or was their testing flawed perhaps?

No idea.

At the time they mentioned the 50mm f1.8, then tested it with amazing results and said they made a mistake and that their negative comments should have been about the 35mm.

Now they show these brilliant samples without further reference to their previous mess up...

Cheers,
Bernard

KLaban

« Reply #154 on: August 06, 2019, 04:48:16 am »

No idea.

At the time they mentioned the 50mm f1.8, then tested it with amazing results and said they made a mistake and that their negative comments should have been about the 35mm.

Now they show these brilliant samples without further reference to their previous mess up...

Cheers,
Bernard

Thanks, Bernard. It seems as though DPreview have no idea either!

;-)

armand

• Photos
« Reply #155 on: August 06, 2019, 08:30:16 am »

If you look through comments they vary from great to poor, so there's that. I don't see the "awful" rendering but I don't think is that spectacular either, more like a solid lens with decent rendering; it could be just the gloomy weather though.

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #156 on: August 06, 2019, 09:12:02 am »

If you look through comments they vary from great to poor, so there's that. I don't see the "awful" rendering but I don't think is that spectacular either, more like a solid lens with decent rendering; it could be just the gloomy weather though.

What i noticed with the 35mm 1.8 is that at infinity the corners did not look good. The F4 zoom did better at f4.... on shorter distance there was nothing to complain about.
Maybe it was only  my sample..?
It has very good contrast and sharpness and the bokeh is fine, coatings are good and flare resistant.
What i think will be a strong point in the S-series lenses is that there is little focus breathing throughout the range and in combination with the proclaimed RAW-video it could be a winner for video.
It would be a good idea to update the firmware of the lenses/ camera in a way that focus by wire has less shortcomings.
For one stabilize the focus at a chosen point... add a feature to make manual focus lineair so a focus pull is possible.
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

KLaban

« Reply #157 on: August 06, 2019, 11:13:03 am »

So far I'm very pleased with the Nikon Z 35mm f/1.8 S and I'm comparing it with another rather good lens, the Leica 35mm f/1.4 Summilux-M ASPH FLE!

armand

• Photos
« Reply #158 on: August 06, 2019, 12:51:10 pm »

So far I'm very pleased with the Nikon Z 35mm f/1.8 S and I'm comparing it with another rather good lens, the Leica 35mm f/1.4 Summilux-M ASPH FLE!

Good to hear! I will admit that I was taken back by the DPR TV review and put it on hold. Now I have yet the get the 50 also but I think that I will give in to it soon.

I'm still conflicted if I should get the 14-30 F4 or wait the 14-24 F2.8, it will depend a lot on how big/heavy the 14-24 will be. If it's not bigger/heavier than the Sony 16-35 F2.8 then I would prefer it. I guess nobody here knows anything regarding this matter.

KLaban

« Reply #159 on: August 06, 2019, 01:38:38 pm »

Good to hear! I will admit that I was taken back by the DPR TV review and put it on hold. Now I have yet the get the 50 also but I think that I will give in to it soon.

I'm still conflicted if I should get the 14-30 F4 or wait the 14-24 F2.8, it will depend a lot on how big/heavy the 14-24 will be. If it's not bigger/heavier than the Sony 16-35 F2.8 then I would prefer it. I guess nobody here knows anything regarding this matter.

So far I have the 35 and 50 lenses and the 85 on order.

I'm not a zoom kind of guy and will patiently wait - foot tapping as I type - for the 20 to be released next year.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25   Go Up