Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: Nikon Z 6 & Z 7 Comments and Issues  (Read 53338 times)

Rob C

Re: Nikon Z 6 & Z 7 Comments and Issues
« Reply #140 on: May 17, 2019, 11:29:48 am »

Photography Life has a Frimware wishlist;

One of the things is very basic ; an uncluttered OVF-view - only the image without information.
Don't understand why Nikon has not implemented it...

https://photographylife.com/nikon-z7-firmware-update-wishlist

People like to imagine they are piloting a military jet as they zoom in for the kill?

;-)

SrMi

« Reply #141 on: May 17, 2019, 05:14:59 pm »

Photography Life has a Frimware wishlist;

One of the things is very basic ; an uncluttered OVF-view - only the image without information.
Don't understand why Nikon has not implemented it...

https://photographylife.com/nikon-z7-firmware-update-wishlist

That issue is real, but only when shooting using LCD. EVF can be uncluttered.

faberryman

« Reply #142 on: May 17, 2019, 05:22:20 pm »

Can't you look past the information in the viewfinder? I take a quick check of the readout and then focus on the image.

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #143 on: May 17, 2019, 05:59:37 pm »

AHA, then its less an issue- still as you say- nice to see what you have shot without text all over your photo.
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

Martin Kristiansen

• Martin Kristiansen
« Reply #144 on: May 18, 2019, 01:18:05 am »

AHA, then its less an issue- still as you say- nice to see what you have shot without text all over your photo.

Quite agree. Shooting off the lcd requires you to look past all the clutter of the real world to see the image so a little info on the display makes no impact really. Be a big deal if you couldn’t clear the EVF.
Commercial photography is 10% inspiration and 90% moving furniture around.

SrMi

« Reply #145 on: May 18, 2019, 05:39:17 pm »

The image review can be completely uncluttered as well. Only when using LCD in live view (for me, when working on a tripod) is the clutter a problem.

HSakols

• Hugh Sakols Photography
« Reply #146 on: May 19, 2019, 01:55:33 pm »

Darn! I just discovered that my Z7 needs to be returned for faulty VR.  Maybe this is a good time to play with some Velvia in a view camera?  Check your serial number. 

https://nikonrumors.com/2019/05/16/nikon-z6-and-z7-technical-service-advisory-for-faulty-vibration-reduction-vr-feature.aspx/

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #147 on: June 13, 2019, 04:40:04 pm »

Great news for C1 Pro users! Since 12.1, released yesterday, support for Z lenses nef built-in profiles was added!

I tried on images shot with the amazing 24-70mm f2.8 S and a bit less amazing 14-30mm f4, and it works perfectly!

This is great because this means that upcoming lenses will be immediately supported as long as Nikon continues to embed profiles in their raw files.

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 11:14:51 pm by BernardLanguillier »

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #149 on: June 21, 2019, 02:16:22 pm »

Questions, if I may?

(1)When saving my camera settings to an XQD card do I need a card solely dedicated to the saved files - at £90! - to ensure the settings are saved and safe? If so is there any work-around for this?

(2)Can I transfer those settings from one Z7 body to another Z7 body?

TIA

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #150 on: June 21, 2019, 02:30:41 pm »

Questions, if I may?

(1)When saving my camera settings to an XQD card do I need a card solely dedicated to the saved files - at £90! - to ensure the settings are saved and safe? If so is there any work-around for this?

(2)Can I transfer those settings from one Z7 body to another Z7 body?

TIA

1 NO
Just save the settings on your computer and bring it back to the card from your computer to 2  install the settings again on the same Z7 or on an other Z7 camera
Format the card in the camera and you can use it again for photos
You can use the card for everything you want to store digitally- it is just a memorycard formatted the same way as an USB stick
But be sure to format the card always in the camera ( and not in the computer) to be sure nothing goes wrong.
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

KLaban

« Reply #151 on: June 21, 2019, 02:54:01 pm »

1 NO
Just save the settings on your computer and bring it back to the card from your computer to 2  install the settings again on the same Z7 or on an other Z7 camera
Format the card in the camera and you can use it again for photos
You can use the card for everything you want to store digitally- it is just a memorycard formatted the same way as an USB stick
But be sure to format the card always in the camera ( and not in the computer) to be sure nothing goes wrong.

Thanks, Pieter!

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #152 on: June 21, 2019, 03:06:03 pm »

Thanks, Pieter!
This forum already saved you spending a lot of money! about 8 years of LULA membership...
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

KLaban

« Reply #153 on: June 21, 2019, 03:08:41 pm »

This forum already saved you spending a lot of money! about 8 years of LULA membership...

Hehe.

;-)

KLaban

« Reply #154 on: June 28, 2019, 06:31:46 pm »

I'm suddenly getting XMP files attached to my out of camera Z7 NEF files. It's only happened in the last couple of days. Anyone have any idea as to why this is happening? I've recently updated firmware to 2.0, could this have anything to do with it?

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

D Fuller

• AirStream Pictures
« Reply #155 on: June 28, 2019, 11:12:35 pm »

I'm suddenly getting XMP files attached to my out of camera Z7 NEF files. It's only happened in the last couple of days. Anyone have any idea as to why this is happening? I've recently updated firmware to 2.0, could this have anything to do with it?

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

What do you use for processing? This is, I believe, a setting in your computer software (Lightroon, e.g.) rather than the camera.
business website: www.airstream.pictures
blog: thirtynineframes.com/blog

KLaban

« Reply #156 on: June 29, 2019, 02:46:12 am »

What do you use for processing? This is, I believe, a setting in your computer software (Lightroon, e.g.) rather than the camera.

Thanks.

Photoshop CC 2019 / Bridge 2019 / Camera Raw.

This issue coincides with the date I installed the latest Z7 firmware. I'd not seen these .xmp files previously.

I was wondering if Nikon are now saving their auto-corrections as an .xmp file?

EDIT: I've just opened one of the .xmp files in Word and it seems it contains Nikon's embedded auto-corrections. Previously all I had was the NEF file.

BTW, in Camera Raw preferences I've always had "Save Image Settings" in: "Sidecar .xmp Files", but never seen any evidence of them. This issue is new.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 03:08:47 am by KLaban »

D Fuller

• AirStream Pictures
« Reply #157 on: June 29, 2019, 07:36:11 am »

Thanks.

Photoshop CC 2019 / Bridge 2019 / Camera Raw.

This issue coincides with the date I installed the latest Z7 firmware. I'd not seen these .xmp files previously.

I was wondering if Nikon are now saving their auto-corrections as an .xmp file?

EDIT: I've just opened one of the .xmp files in Word and it seems it contains Nikon's embedded auto-corrections. Previously all I had was the NEF file.

BTW, in Camera Raw preferences I've always had "Save Image Settings" in: "Sidecar .xmp Files", but never seen any evidence of them. This issue is new.

I’ve got no more ideas on that. I’m sure I’ve never seen an .xmp come out of the camera. I use both Lightroom and C1, and I’ve always assumed they were created by the program on import. I don’t know why they would have started appearing after the fw update.
business website: www.airstream.pictures
blog: thirtynineframes.com/blog

Rob C

« Reply #158 on: June 29, 2019, 07:46:46 am »

That sinking feeling when you wish you'd gone for the D850 instead...

Only kidding! Goes with my lunch just now.

:-)

KLaban

« Reply #159 on: June 29, 2019, 11:48:19 am »

I’ve got no more ideas on that. I’m sure I’ve never seen an .xmp come out of the camera. I use both Lightroom and C1, and I’ve always assumed they were created by the program on import. I don’t know why they would have started appearing after the fw update.

Thanks.

This issue has no impact on the images or workflow. I've even tried deleting the corresponding .xmp file and it makes no difference whatsoever. It's just annoying and is stirring my OCD.

On an upbeat note, I've just tried the Z7 eye/face detection and couldn't be happier. I had my wife dancing round our terrace with me following her every move, 50mm S lens wide open at f/1.8 - super thin DOF - and didn't miss a shot with the eye really sharp in every exposure.

Mind blowing stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19   Go Up