Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A simple street scene in nice light.  (Read 1257 times)

Cornfield

A simple street scene in nice light.
« on: January 08, 2019, 10:36:32 am »

Don't know how I managed to get this with so few people in it.

D Fuller

• AirStream Pictures
Re: A simple street scene in nice light.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 02:15:11 pm »

I love the scene. But I have to say I wish there were more people in it.
business website: www.airstream.pictures
blog: thirtynineframes.com/blog

francois

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 04:40:27 am »

The place looks a bit deserted but I like it a lot. The quality of the light is excellent.
Francois

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 04:42:32 am »

Puts me in mind of a square we frequent in Venice, but without the people.

Cornfield

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 05:28:14 am »

Thanks for the comments.  I should have said it is Venice but not a typlical shot.

I shoot stock virtually full time and this is an image that will sell well.

KLaban

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 06:19:27 am »

Thanks for the comments.  I should have said it is Venice but not a typlical shot.

I shoot stock virtually full time and this is an image that will sell well.

I know the square well. Just avoid that osteria on the far right, like you would the plague: crooks.

Rob C

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 08:35:22 am »

I know the square well. Just avoid that osteria on the far right, like you would the plague: crooks.

Keith, it's in Venice... you should be going to Harry's Bar looking for the spirits of the late Michael (Winner) - or AA Gill.

;-)

KLaban

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019, 08:49:15 am »

Keith, it's in Venice... you should be going to Harry's Bar looking for the spirits of the late Michael (Winner) - or AA Gill.

;-)

Together with Café Florian?

But in all honesty I've no interest in visiting the fashionable, obvious and extortionate.

;-) 

Rob C

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019, 02:19:53 pm »

Together with Café Florian?

But in all honesty I've no interest in visiting the fashionable, obvious and extortionate.

;-)

For the experience, I'd rather spend some hours in the Café de Flore in Paris with the ghosts of my old favourites including Jeanloup Sieff!

Of those moments I enjoyed with Ann, sitting in an outdoor bar of the Carlton in Cannes, she with her Campari Soda in hand, and I with my G&T, watching a helicopter negotiate its business on a yacht in the bay was about as unreal as it gets. I asked the PR manager of that hotel if we could shoot some images on the property; he asked for which client, and when told it was for a beer company, he ever so nicely refused, saying the images would clash... ironically, however, we got our petty revenge by sitting out in the bay on a Riva, shooting our model and a can of the stuff with the entire hotel visible in the background.

That's partly what I meant with my pro and personal photography being the same buzz.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 02:24:17 pm by Rob C »

KLaban

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2019, 02:32:00 pm »

She looks like she needs that beer to cool down.

;-)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 02:39:31 pm by KLaban »

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2019, 03:37:02 pm »

I'd have loved to have had a chance to meet Gill, a witty man and superb writer. Winner I think I have managed very well without.

Jeremy

KLaban

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2019, 04:08:46 pm »

I'd have loved to have had a chance to meet Gill, a witty man and superb writer. Winner I think I have managed very well without.

Jeremy

I'd loved to have met him too, just not in Harry's.

Rob C

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2019, 04:16:08 pm »

Jeremy

I think I really took to the print persona of the "poor boy from Willesden"; whether his style with words and culture was a literary fabrication for press purposes or not is over my head to know, but his casual throwaways about Portofino etc. gave me much fun, as in his place I could envisage people I knew at the time. Gill was simply fascinating. In the years I read him, I never got the slightest hint as to the identity of the blonde.

Surprisingly, another Sunday Times stalwart whom I enjoyed was Jeremy Clarkson; funny in print, but a total bore (to me) on that car show for kids: Top Gear.

Rob C

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2019, 04:23:08 pm »

She looks like she needs that beer to cool down.

;-)

Almost, but not quite: the cooling down need was the skipper's.

During that set, Ann was using the spray bottle to kep the T-shirt wet, and the skipper asked if he could do that. The model laughed her assent and so he managed to get himself a story for the grandkids. And I for LuLa. Who would have thought...

Rob

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2019, 04:32:32 pm »

I think I really took to the print persona of the "poor boy from Willesden"; whether his style with words and culture was a literary fabrication for press purposes or not is over my head to know, but his casual throwaways about Portofino etc. gave me much fun, as in his place I could envisage people I knew at the time. Gill was simply fascinating. In the years I read him, I never got the slightest hint as to the identity of the blonde.

Nicola Formby, I think.

Surprisingly, another Sunday Times stalwart whom I enjoyed was Jeremy Clarkson; funny in print, but a total bore (to me) on that car show for kids: Top Gear.

Oh, Rob, Top Gear wasn't a car show. It was a program in which three middle-aged overgrown schoolboys had fun, doing really silly things. But I agree with you about Clarkson's writing.

Jeremy

D Fuller

• AirStream Pictures
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2019, 11:46:10 am »

Nicola Formby, I think.

Oh, Rob, Top Gear wasn't a car show. It was a program in which three middle-aged overgrown schoolboys had fun, doing really silly things. But I agree with you about Clarkson's writing.

Jeremy

And it developed quite a following among those other middle-aged chaps whomwould have liked to do those silly things themselves. A group, if I’m honest, in which I must include myself.   ;)
business website: www.airstream.pictures
blog: thirtynineframes.com/blog

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2019, 03:19:12 pm »

And it developed quite a following among those other middle-aged chaps who would have liked to do those silly things themselves. A group, if I’m honest, in which I must include myself.   ;)

I'll join.

Jeremy
Pages: [1]   Go Up