Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pro-2000 throwing errors  (Read 12619 times)

Mcm30114

Pro-2000 throwing errors
« on: December 30, 2018, 01:05:09 am »

Came across an error condition tonight and could use some help / advice.

Summary:
Canon Pro-2000 printer. Getting a few hardware errors: EC21-2F53 and EC21-2F51.  Got this after installing Canon PGY and a B PFI-1700 carts in the printer. Pulled and cleaned (gently) the head surface (a good bit of ink on the substrate plate holding the heads) and reinstalled.  Still not budging.  Did order a new PF-10, but hoping that there may be a few things to do in the mean time.

Detail:
Got a used Pro-2000 from a guy that was moving onto other hobbies.  About 2000-ish prints (per the printer status panel).  He had been using 3rd party ink refilling the PFI-1100 carts and telling the printer to ignore the chip warning. Did several sample prints and all seemed to be fine at the time. Moved the printer to my house, set it up, several 8.5x11 prints later (using the USB printing the PDI chart) showed that the printer was functional. 

Weighing all the carts showed that there was some ink in all carts EXCEPT the CO tank. It was dry.

Over the past weeks I’ve been ordering and installing PFI-1700 Canon official inks and finally got the last two in today.  I agitated the tanks before putting them in the printer, and loaded a 24” RC Luster roll in ready to start a few more tests (and to help flush out the old ink).  That’s when the fun started.

Upon starting the printer, I got the EC21-2F51 error.  So I did as instructed — printer off, waited for about 3 minutes, printer back on — same error. After a couple of other restarts, I tried to print another sample image from the USB stick and now I get the EC21-2F53 error.

I pulled the print head, gently cleaned the print head surface (not touching the print nozzle areas), inspected the metal contacts, reseated the print head and the 2F53 error now constantly appears.

Googling around and looking at the forums on DP Review, Luminous-Landscapes, and the JToolman FB group, I did not find similar hits or issues.

What I am thinking is this:
1) Did Air get in the lines from me agitating the ink and putting it in the printer and then trying to get a test print out quickly?  (BTW, when I did select to “change the head”, it did an ink purge, and this did not reset the issue)
2) Given that there was non-OEM ink in the immediate reservoirs, would there have been some reactions (gelling, interactions) that may have interfered with the printhead?
3) is there any other “resuscitation” processes that I can to do clean the head, or further purge the lines?
4) is there any other service menu that I can get into that may help diagnose or reset the issue?

Any and all advice is welcomed!

Thanks in advance

Mike

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
Re: Pro-2000 throwing errors
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 02:04:04 am »

Update the firmware, but the printhead is probably close to death. 3th party ink is not a good idea in modern Canon printers.
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa

Mcm30114

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 02:54:27 am »

Update the firmware, but the printhead is probably close to death. 3th party ink is not a good idea in modern Canon printers.

Thanks. Did update to 2.09 (or whatever was the latest I pulled this week). Did test prints before and after the update. And then the error happened.

Agree on the inks.

Let’s see if the new head fixes the issue.

(Keep the ideas coming)

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pete Berry

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 01:10:28 pm »

I hope you didn't shake the carts, which will for sure result in bubbles! Simply invert the carts up and down six or so times before installing, as the packaging says.

Mcm30114

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 12:56:13 am »

Update. After a print head replacement, looks like we are back in business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wil_Hershberger

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 02:06:13 pm »

I too am getting error EC21-2F51. Turning off the printer and then turning it back on always allowed to me continue printing with the previous 6 errors. Now, the printer will not proceed past the startup sequence without showing this error which only allows you to turn the printer off. How do I get the printer to allow me to do a print head swap if I can't get past this error screen? Any help is much appreciated.

rodrigogil76

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 07:07:44 pm »

You can do it in service mode (google it) or I have found that if I restart the machine right after I shut it down because of the error, it asks for the headreplacement.

rodrigogil76

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2019, 07:10:16 pm »

I too have this issue, started, four months after I bought the pro2000 but it happened once every 15 days, then once every week, and last week I was able of printing two times a week... I now have another issue, If I turn it on it goes into cleaning mode and it displays the error in the middle of the cleaning cycle. Is there anyway of jumping the cleaning cycle?

I.T. Supplies

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2019, 10:53:12 am »

I too have this issue, started, four months after I bought the pro2000 but it happened once every 15 days, then once every week, and last week I was able of printing two times a week... I now have another issue, If I turn it on it goes into cleaning mode and it displays the error in the middle of the cleaning cycle. Is there anyway of jumping the cleaning cycle?

Are you turning off and than back on each time?  Manufacturer's recommend to keep the printer turned on as much as you can so it can do it's automated cleaning process (check the head and clean if needed).  If you turn off and back on each time, you're having it go through the agitation process each time which uses more ink on top of the cleaning process later on if needed.

You'll usually be able to by pass the head error a few times until it locks the printer until it's replaced.  We've experienced this with the 8400 and should be about the same with the Pro series.  If you're able to convert to the OEM inks, that will surely help with the head functionality.  Basically, if you get a new head and use OEM inks, the new head starts a new 1-year warranty which will be covered by Canon if anything happens to it in that time (like that error).  They'll send you a replacement at no charge and starts another 1-year warranty.  The printer is most likely out of its own warranty though.

rodrigogil76

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2019, 12:11:13 pm »

Are you turning off and than back on each time?  Manufacturer's recommend to keep the printer turned on as much as you can so it can do it's automated cleaning process (check the head and clean if needed).  If you turn off and back on each time, you're having it go through the agitation process each time which uses more ink on top of the cleaning process later on if needed.

You'll usually be able to by pass the head error a few times until it locks the printer until it's replaced.  We've experienced this with the 8400 and should be about the same with the Pro series.  If you're able to convert to the OEM inks, that will surely help with the head functionality.  Basically, if you get a new head and use OEM inks, the new head starts a new 1-year warranty which will be covered by Canon if anything happens to it in that time (like that error).  They'll send you a replacement at no charge and starts another 1-year warranty.  The printer is most likely out of its own warranty though.

Hi! I kept the machine on as much as possible. The problem right now is that I turn it on and it goes inmediatly into cleaning mode and then ERROR. U got into service mode, I can do that, but I have no idea what to do after that...

I.T. Supplies

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2019, 01:47:54 pm »

I'd contact Canon and explain the issues you're having.  Seems to be more of something internal or a failure of something if that happens.  They have all of the error codes and what not on hand, so it's very easy for them to look up and know the problem.  Some of these issues may be rare right away, but can happen.  It's technology.

Canon customer service:  800-423-2366
They may request your printer serial number to put into their system in case something else happens and they have a log of your model to help you quicker upfront.

rodrigogil76

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2019, 05:24:43 pm »

Will do that. Thanks.

erlingmmoe

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2019, 01:59:37 pm »

How do you update the firmware from a Mac? (I know, it is probably in the manual somewhere...)

DONE

- Erling
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 12:13:58 pm by erlingmmoe »
- ErlingMM
Pages: [1]   Go Up