Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One V. 12: Don't "Try It"  (Read 4420 times)

jeremyrh

Re: Capture One V. 12: Don't "Try It"
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2018, 05:13:57 pm »

They do. I posted the screen shot above.

Sorry, but the OP's issue is just user error, nothing terrible is being done by Phase One here.

This. The whole discussion is moot because the window you posted is displayed for Windows and Mac.

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2018, 06:22:38 pm »

Funny, posting a warning about something which clearly is a user error, to begin with. I also don't get why it should be a problem, one should always have a current backup!
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

hubell

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2018, 11:52:51 am »

Funny, posting a warning about something which clearly is a user error, to begin with. I also don't get why it should be a problem, one should always have a current backup!
s

A few points.
1. Blaming the customer? Good businesses in the US don’t do that. Try to learn that lesson. It’s invaluable.
2. I have two back ups, one on site and one off site. That was NOT the issue. I had no idea where the catalogs for Capture One were stored. The location of Catalogs in Capture One is not obvious, at least to me, as it is with Lightroom.
3. If a v. 10 compatible Catalog was created as a backup when I opened v. 11, which created a new Catalog that was just compatible with v. 11, I would have thought that the v. 10 backup Catalog would have opened when I clicked on v. 10 to use v. 10. This may all be clear to someone with a deeper understanding of what’s going on under the hood with C1, but many of us don’t and  don’t want to learn. We are photographers who want user friendly software and hardware.
4. This could easily have been averted with a clear warning, or, if you don’t like warnings, an “explanation”: “If you have have downloaded this software pursuant to our 30-day trial and you are currently running a prior version of Capture One, a new Catalog will be created when you open v.11. This Catalog will not be compatible with prior versions of Capture 1. If you should decide not to purchase v. 11 or you want to use your prior version of C1 in the future for whatever reason, you will need to follow these steps. [Clear Explanation]

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2018, 12:00:55 pm »

I‘m not blaming my customers, as I wouldn’t do that wherever they are. Well not openly.

However, to me your just a normal user and not my customer. So I’m still sticking to the point that while Phase One might improve the whole backup thing, it’s not as bad as your thread title and first most make it out to be. Otherwise there would be slot more complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2018, 12:55:36 pm »

4. This could easily have been averted with a clear warning,
Maybe it could have been averted if you had read the warning and understood it.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2018, 01:23:11 pm »

This thread is getting - no, has already become - silly. It's plainly perfectly safe to "try" C1v12 and the use of the word "ransom" in the first post was obviously wrong.

Enough.

Jeremy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up