Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Capture One Pro 12 on a Mac Mini 2018  (Read 2206 times)

Mike Guilbault

• Mike Guilbault Photography
Using Capture One Pro 12 on a Mac Mini 2018
« on: November 29, 2018, 08:45:20 pm »

Well, I wanted to upgrade to the new version 12, but it appears that my Early 2008 MacPro, stuck in El Capitan, won't run it. I knew it was getting time to upgrade soon, but this kinda clinches it. Since the new MacPro is still over the horizon, I'd be interested to learn if anyone is using the new COP12 on a new Mac Mini (2018), and of course, how it's performing. I may wait for the new MacPro anyway, but I suspect it's going to be outta my price range, and if the Mac Mini works - why bother. And no, I don't want an iMac or MacBook Pro. I have a beautifully calibrated new NEC monitor, keyboard, and all the other accessories. I just need the computer, therefore the Mac Mini or MacPro interest.
Mike Guilbault

DP

Re: Using Capture One Pro 12 on a Mac Mini 2018
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 10:34:15 pm »

Well, I wanted to upgrade to the new version 12, but it appears that my Early 2008 MacPro, stuck in El Capitan, won't run it. I knew it was getting time to upgrade soon, but this kinda clinches it. Since the new MacPro is still over the horizon, I'd be interested to learn if anyone is using the new COP12 on a new Mac Mini (2018), and of course, how it's performing. I may wait for the new MacPro anyway, but I suspect it's going to be outta my price range, and if the Mac Mini works - why bother. And no, I don't want an iMac or MacBook Pro. I have a beautifully calibrated new NEC monitor, keyboard, and all the other accessories. I just need the computer, therefore the Mac Mini or MacPro interest.

better ask in P1 U2U forums

StephaneB

• http://www.lumieredargent.com
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 02:26:19 am »

I guess it will depend on what performance level you expect or need. C1 makes great use of a GPU and uses all the cores of my Ryzen 2700X (8 cores, 16 threads) and is very, very fast there.

On the other hand, it also works fine for the light needs of my wife on her Intel NUC (I7, 2 cores, 4 threads, no separate GPU).

Stéphane  [url=http://www.lumieredargen

Mike Guilbault

• Mike Guilbault Photography
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 03:12:36 pm »

I use it professionally, but don't do video, so mostly editing 36mp RAW files (for now). C11 is running fine on my current MacPro, and that's an early 2008. I'm just curious if C12 is more of a resource hog - if it'd be too much for Mini. I'd rather not go by just specs alone... I find that doesn't always pan out in real world use.
Mike Guilbault
Pages: [1]   Go Up