Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One 12.0  (Read 16963 times)

Dinarius

Re: Capture One 12.0
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2018, 11:57:43 am »

I skipped C1 11 because I felt it was only marking time.

C1 12 is a serious response to Adobe's LR/PS €12/month package.

This C1 12 upgrade is a no-brainer, in my opinion.

Just downloaded it.

D.

alan_b

• West Coast Architecture + Interiors Photographer
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2018, 11:59:50 am »

Upgrading for GFX and Z7 support.  Bitching because of the new upgrade pricing.

New masking features seem nice if not world-shattering.  New styles, meh.

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2018, 12:01:15 pm »

This C1 12 upgrade is a no-brainer, in my opinion.
What makes it so good for you over v10 ?

R_Yosha

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2018, 12:40:23 pm »

New User Guide for Capture One 12 and Capture Pilot
https://help.phaseone.com/en/CO12.aspx

lee469

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2018, 02:02:20 pm »

I will not be upgrading to vs12 on my PC, sessions only.  2016 upgrade 89us and 2017 upgrade 107 us. Now they want $149us after one year! That is a 40% increase in one year!

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2018, 02:29:38 pm »

I will not be upgrading to vs12 on my PC, sessions only.  2016 upgrade 89us and 2017 upgrade 107 us. Now they want $149us after one year! That is a 40% increase in one year!

Hi,

By not upgrading each and every upgrade, you've saved money that others have to spend on subscriptions to keep full functionality of the licensed version in use. Not all new functions are valuable additions for all users. Only when the new functionalities are worthwhile to your workflow, you can consider upgrading.

In the meantime, you'll get a 3 computer license, compare to 2 licenses in the past. Again, not worthwhile for all, but it is for others.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

TommyWeir

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2018, 05:46:04 pm »

I’ve been on the beta a while now and have thoroughly enjoyed the enhancement to masking and layers in particular.  The interface is also improved.   

That said...My six year old MBPro i7 struggles to update the preview in anything approaching real-time.  Has improved over the betas and likely will continue to improve but definitely slower than C11 at current stage.

DP

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2018, 07:24:48 pm »

The bug I reported in Beta still not fixed - selecting any films emulations as "curve" for Fuji camera(s) removes Lab/RGB readout displayed in Viewer’s toolbar...

PS: and now even it seems when you select curve = "auto" too...   :o
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 07:44:30 pm by DP »

Mike Guilbault

• Mike Guilbault Photography
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2018, 08:37:49 pm »

That said...My six year old MBPro i7 struggles to update the preview in anything approaching real-time.  Has improved over the betas and likely will continue to improve but definitely slower than C11 at current stage.

Well, looks like I'm going to have to wait on the upgrade until I upgrade my computer. I have an 11 year old MacPro that can't move up past OSX 10.11.6. Pity.. it still works beautifully, but not with the new C12.
I do have a promo code for Capture One though if anyone is upgrading or moving from Lightroom. Use AMBMIKE for a 10% discount on perpetual licenses, and I believe a 5% discount on subscription.
Mike Guilbault

farbschlurf

• fototypo
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2018, 02:37:23 am »

Expensive, yes, but I thought why not. And I have to say 1st impression on luminosity masking is excellent. Seems to be a powerful tool. Whether it's worth it? I'll see ... But it's one more step towards an editing with little PS, for sure.

Dave Rosser

• My Website
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2018, 05:00:14 am »

The bug I reported in Beta still not fixed - selecting any films emulations as "curve" for Fuji camera(s) removes Lab/RGB readout displayed in Viewer’s toolbar...

PS: and now even it seems when you select curve = "auto" too...   :o
I was late spotting that one and put in a bug report the morning V12 was released.  I have put in an ordinary problem report on this, hopefully it will be addressed in v12.1.

R_Yosha

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2018, 05:37:28 am »

The gradient after Keystone tool is a trapezoid one and I cannot draw a straight gradient from the frame edge to the horizon. I reported on this bug. Will it be fixed?

DP

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2018, 06:42:19 am »

I was late spotting that one and put in a bug report the morning V12 was released.  I have put in an ordinary problem report on this, hopefully it will be addressed in v12.1.

unless it is not a bug but a feature... Fujifilm emulations looks like a patch with .P1X binary files with LUTs referenced by .fcrv files and .fcrv "auto" curve there apparently has a new bit flag not seen in similar files for other makes (that I have to check) apparently instructing to apply it as "luma" curve instead of "RGB" curve

DP

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2018, 06:45:01 am »

And I have to say 1st impression on luminosity masking is excellent.
like a decade after LightZone and still nowhere near how all those things were done there

IanSeward

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2018, 09:20:55 am »

What makes it so good for you over v10 ?

For me:
Layers now have Opacity. Styles & Presets work with layers, Colour Balance and Levels tools are also available for layers.  Filled layers or clear mask with one click. Feather and refine mask edge options as for PS. Grey scale mask preview. Ability to use Lab readouts.  Simple one button multi view UI change.  Duplicate checker on import. No separate local adjustments tool tab as virtually all tools work in layers.  Luminosity masking, able to copy mask to other photos, radial and linear gradients, intelligent adjustment copying (no crop), improved UI, plugin support.  Interested to see how the plugin support will develop.

Ian

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2018, 09:30:24 am »

For me:
Layers now have Opacity. Styles & Presets work with layers, Colour Balance and Levels tools are also available for layers.  Filled layers or clear mask with one click. Feather and refine mask edge options as for PS. Grey scale mask preview. Ability to use Lab readouts.  Simple one button multi view UI change.  Duplicate checker on import. No separate local adjustments tool tab as virtually all tools work in layers.  Luminosity masking, able to copy mask to other photos, radial and linear gradients, intelligent adjustment copying (no crop), improved UI, plugin support.  Interested to see how the plugin support will develop.
Ta, even with the bits that have no interest for me crossed out, it sounds a lot better written like that ;-)

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2018, 01:42:29 pm »

Does it have a history palette, like LR and PS?

Jeremy

nemtom

• Tamas Nemeth
    • 500 px gallery
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2018, 02:43:41 pm »

Does it have a history palette, like LR and PS?

Jeremy

No, it does not. Can you elaborate, what makes that palette so wanted in a non-destructive image editor?

jeremyrh

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2018, 05:15:10 pm »

Hi,

By not upgrading each and every upgrade, you've saved money that others have to spend on subscriptions to keep full functionality of the licensed version in use. Not all new functions are valuable additions for all users. Only when the new functionalities are worthwhile to your workflow, you can consider upgrading.

How long can you leave it and still get the upgrade price?

Isleofgough

« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2018, 07:09:56 pm »

I'm not sure what happened to their computer database in this version, but I upgraded with the 10% discount and was sent an invalid license. The order shows up as a fastspring order rather than their usual order. I submitted a ticket first thing today but they must have gone home for the weekend. This is the first time that an upgrade was not a smooth process.
I've also had a crash within 30 min of use, which is unusual for a program that has always been rock solid stable. Hopefully there will be a patch...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 07:51:00 pm by Isleofgough »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up