Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Museum in Nimes, France  (Read 8458 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Museum in Nimes, France
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2018, 11:21:10 am »

That would only work for me if...

Were you a picky eater as a kid?  ;)

... That way you can filter more quickly for whatever "genre" one might be interested in at that moment...

What is this obsession with genres and neat boxes to put them in ???????????????

I, for one, am first and foremost a photographer. Not a landscape photographer, not an architectural photographer... a photographer. Over time, I gravitated toward certain genres, landscape, cityscape, architecture. But I also shoot people, glamour, weddings (for friends), events, etc. And above all, I enjoy seeing other people’s photography, no matter which genre, as long as it is good photography.

Ivophoto

« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2018, 11:22:55 am »

Lighten up Martin; we're just having some verbal amusement because the pictures have hit a boring, predictable patch of vignettes, blurs, chiaroscuros, selfies, less-than-Elliott Erwitt doggies, empty mannequins in windows, chain fences, sunsets, sunrises and whatevers. The lakes are ever lakes until global warming proves the Orange One mistaken, and the mountains will outlive us all, atom bombs, migrants, walls, Russian hackers and Middle Eastern enforced proselytization notwithstanding.

Better to write and elicit response  - pos or neg - that not write at all and just drift away to either a bottle or an endless sleep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpsfu2EVPG8

;-)

Not mentioning the overdone huge white frames.

Ivophoto

« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2018, 11:24:48 am »

What is this obsession with genres and neat boxes to put them in ???????????????

I, for one, am first and foremost a photographer. Not a landscape photographer, not an architectural photographer... a photographer. Over time, I gravitated toward certain genres, landscape, cityscape, architecture. But I also shoot people, glamour, weddings (for friends), events, etc. And above all, I enjoy seeing other people’s photography, no matter which genre, as long as it is good photography.

That brings us back to the two categories

Good
Bad

Rob C

« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2018, 11:26:36 am »

Not mentioning the overdone huge white frames.

Haven't seen many of those, yet! But I'll keep my eyes open in case I miss 'em. Never let a good genre go unremarked!

;-)

Rob C

« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2018, 11:31:22 am »

Ah! jack-of-all-trades; thought them to be as rare as the unicorn!

;-)

Ivophoto

« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2018, 11:32:10 am »

You know,

When I’m spending to much time on my phone or MacBook, littering the internet, it’s really not going very well with me. I chew on to much not do-able photo projects and that destabilize my brain.
When you don’t hear from me for weeks, I have a great time with my camera (or fishing rod.... or motorcycle.... or my wife...) but at a certain moment, I have to litter the internet again with the output of that moment of creativity.....

Circles, turning in circles.

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #86 on: December 01, 2018, 11:36:54 am »

The only category for which I have little or no interest is Landscape, _ funny that, given this is Luminous Landscape - everything else I'll view. If Slobodan's vision was adopted by the powers that be on LuLa then it wouldn't be any great hardship for me to scuttle through and dismiss those images.

I tend to be active on LuLa during those periods when not off somewhere with camera in hand, so that said there's little inconvenience in doing a bit of scuttling.

;-)

EDIT: Ivo pretty much beat me to it.

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2018, 11:42:32 am »

Not just as a kid...

That's the point isn't it? I'll be the first to admit that not all of what i post belongs in that last category.

Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

Rob C

« Reply #88 on: December 01, 2018, 11:45:08 am »

You know,

When I’m spending to much time on my phone or MacBook, littering the internet, it’s really not going very well with me. I chew on to much not do-able photo projects and that destabilize my brain.
When you don’t hear from me for weeks, I have a great time with my camera (or fishing rod.... or motorcycle.... or my wife...) but at a certain moment, I have to litter the internet again with the output of that moment of creativity.....

Circles, turning in circles.

I accept the circles without question: after all, they are the confused cornerstones of our craft.

Never rely on moments of creativity: creativity is a constant within one. The variable is external: it's spelled opportunity.

If you rely on "moments" as catalyst, then you will waste real and present opportunity because you await that something else, quite imaginary, to make you step out of the often preferable dolce far niente zone which is usually far more comfortable than the active alternative.

I hate to bring it up, again, but old Donovan had his finger on that truth which most don't like.

;-)

Rob C

« Reply #89 on: December 01, 2018, 11:57:47 am »

Not just as a kid...

That's the point isn't it? I'll be the first to admit that not all of what i post belongs in that last category.

The truth is, that recently, only the stuff coming from JNB_Rare would fit that category.

I'm afraid the rest of us are currently churning out the miles on the exercise bike in the attic, instead of pedalling away down in the street somewhere.

Hey - idea for another category?

;-(

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #90 on: December 01, 2018, 12:03:27 pm »

I accept the circles without question: after all, they are the confused cornerstones of our craft.

Never rely on moments of creativity: creativity is a constant within one. The variable is external: it's spelled opportunity.

If you rely on "moments" as catalyst, then you will waste real and present opportunity because you await that something else, quite imaginary, to make you step out of the often preferable dolce far niente zone which is usually far more comfortable than the active alternative.

I hate to bring it up, again, but old Donovan had his finger on that truth which most don't like.

;-)

I really wish I could find the dolce far niente zone comfortable. Sad to say it always coincides with my episodes of mind numbing boredom. Hence LuLa.

;-)

Martin Kristiansen

• Martin Kristiansen
« Reply #91 on: December 01, 2018, 12:04:30 pm »

Lighten up Martin; we're just having some verbal amusement because the pictures have hit a boring, predictable patch of vignettes, blurs, chiaroscuros, selfies, less-than-Elliott Erwitt doggies, empty mannequins in windows, chain fences, sunsets, sunrises and whatevers. The lakes are ever lakes until global warming proves the Orange One mistaken, and the mountains will outlive us all, atom bombs, migrants, walls, Russian hackers and Middle Eastern enforced proselytization notwithstanding.

Better to write and elicit response  - pos or neg - that not write at all and just drift away to either a bottle or an endless sleep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpsfu2EVPG8

;-)

I will try to lighten up.

You know the story about arguing with some people is like wrestling with a pig. It’s frustrating, you get nowhere and pretty soon you are exhausted and covered in mud. Then you notice that the pig is actually having fun. That’s how it feels on this forum sometimes.
Commercial photography is 10% inspiration and 90% moving furniture around.

Ivophoto

« Reply #92 on: December 01, 2018, 12:15:49 pm »

You know the story about arguing with some people is like wrestling with a pig. It’s frustrating, you get nowhere and pretty soon you are exhausted and covered in mud. Then you notice that the pig is actually having fun. That’s how it feels on this forum sometimes.

I’m going to print this and hang it above my desk!

Rob C

« Reply #93 on: December 01, 2018, 12:51:15 pm »

I’m going to print this and hang it above my desk!

Shoot the pig and mount its head on the wall instead.

:-)

Rob C

« Reply #94 on: December 01, 2018, 12:52:48 pm »

I thought only women wrestled in mud; oh well, equal opportunities, I guess.

:-)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 01:15:18 pm by Rob C »

Rob C

« Reply #95 on: December 01, 2018, 01:14:48 pm »

I really wish I could find the dolce far niente zone comfortable. Sad to say it always coincides with my episodes of mind numbing boredom. Hence LuLa.

;-)

I find it comfortable, but often as boring as you do, too. Comfort and boredom are not always joined at the hip but neither do they have to be in opposition. Mainly, it depends on where you happen to be doing that niente.

The other morning I sat myself down on a chair on the terrace, resting awhile after sweeping away dead leaves, incidental dust, and having bleached the chairs and table to protect myself against the germs from any nocturnal wildlife that may have leaped upon it for some reason - to address the other members of animal farm, perchance? who knows, but I have to admit, sitting there, eyes closed and head in the shade, body soaking up the sunshine (gotta get it while you can, in winter), I felt at one with my world, as content as I can be, doing precisely nothing but sitting.

It's definitely not all bad, even if it doesn't lead to LuLa fodder and another few pixels in my website.

I really am getting worried about exposure to the radiation from monitors and iPads: twice, recently, I have woken up with rows of what resembles unreadable lines of light that look like the layout shape of pages of LuLa on my brain or consciousness, whatever it is that sees what you see when your eyes are closed in the dark. This is for real.

Rob

JNB_Rare

• JNB54
« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2018, 12:21:16 pm »

Speaking on behalf of the Transgenre and Proud community, thank-you for 'coming out', Slobodan.  ;)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #97 on: December 03, 2018, 01:03:18 pm »

😂
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up