Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Updating a catalogue from a session  (Read 1016 times)

JPOnstwedder

Updating a catalogue from a session
« on: October 31, 2018, 04:02:07 pm »

Hi

On a trip I work on images using a session on a laptop. Once I'm home I import that session into a catalog on my iMac. All that works fine. But recently I ended up travelling after having imported a session into a catalog, and making new adjustments to images in that session on my laptop. Now that I am home again, i want to import or transfer those new adjustments to my iMac so that the catalog has them, too. I've tried copying the 'captureone' folder from the session on the laptop to the iMac but that didn't work. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

UnfamiliarLight

• Unfamiliar Light
Re: Updating a catalogue from a session
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 11:23:00 am »

The one that leaps to mind is to remove the images from the catalogue and then re-import the session. Clearly that would mean loosing any changes you made to the images using the catalogue but there is no way to merge changes made in two places.
Another option would be to open the catalogue on the pc and the session on the note book and go image by image making the same changes. That way you could manually merge your edits into the catalogue.

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 04:14:25 pm »

You can re-import the session in the catalog on your iMac. When C1 encounters an image that already exist, it will prompt the attached dialog, giving you the option to chose between the existing, new or both, in which case it will add as a variant of the same image.

JPOnstwedder

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 03:13:18 pm »

You can re-import the session in the catalog on your iMac. When C1 encounters an image that already exist, it will prompt the attached dialog, giving you the option to chose between the existing, new or both, in which case it will add as a variant of the same image.

That's what I ended up doing. I deleted the cache and settings110 folders on the iMac, and replacing them with the folders from the laptop. I did lose the few edits i made on the iMac but at least this was very fast as it didn't re-import the image files themselves.

Thanks!

Jan-Peter

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 06:27:13 pm »

Hi,

Next time don't delete anything. Just reimport the session from inside C1 (File -> import session) and you have the option to keep both the existing and new edits as variants. It will not duplicate the image files, it will only add new records to the catalog database

JPOnstwedder

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 03:37:49 pm »

Thank you - I will!
Pages: [1]   Go Up