I recently bought a Canon Pro 2000 and have encountered a couple of frustrating issues.
I build my own paper profiles and got around to using the Media Config. Tool. Read the manual, and as much (relevant) info as I could, including the review here on LL.
When I got to the Edit Custom Paper Dialog Box, once again, I did some research before changing anything, I started from the Paper Feed Adjustment.
On the advice of Canon: "IMPORTANT - If The Paper Feed adjustment is not executed horizontal stripes with different colour tones may appear in the printed material..."
Another source from Keith Cooper of Northlight Images quotes in his review about the Paper Feed Adjustment "The most useful - even if i'm changing nothing else - is the feed adjustment" so I executed this adjustment and in return used a nice big chunk of paper with the a feed pattern.
I went through the other adjustments leaving them as is (I decided to leave the Advanced Paper Setting where one can adjust ink usage to see the result, one can always return and revise) and then added my own custom profile in the ICC Profile tab.
Another point that Keith Cooper noted was that:
"One setting that I know causes confusion (from my PRO-1000 review), is the option to specify an ICC paper profile for the media type.
Apart from the fact that I’ve not yet printed a target to make a profile, this setting seemed to be of no particular use in any subsequent print testing. Then again I’m used to always specifying what profile I want to use when printing, so maybe this is not aimed at the likes of me ;-)"
I wasn't quite sure what exactly Keith meant here, but like him I always specify my own profile before printing - I did in fact insert my profile here. Since have come across this issue from Martin Bailey:
https://www.martinbaileyphotography.com/2017/05/15/how-to-avoid-color-issues-on-imageprograf-pro-printers-podcast-573/#comment-123891Anyway the upshot was that when I uploaded to the Base Printer all was good, I then tried to update to the driver to access the new Custom Paper settings in the print dialog and got the following message: Error - Support Code: 19 Utility function cannot be used... What this meant was that the revised info could not be sent to the driver for selection at the point of printing. After more thoughts I realised that it was a permissions issue with High Sierra so after changing all the permissions on all applications and sub-applications it worked and the new Custom Paper Setting appeared in the Print Dialog to allow selection.
Now for the next problem: I have serious banding in the prints. Have reset everything by individual paper and all media reset from the panel, and been through the whole of the Canon routine on this issue in the manual twice (using much paper ink and patience I might add) cant get rid of the banding...